Is Bacon Healthy or Unhealthy?

I recently read that Bacon is healthy , it has Omega3 fatty acids just like the ones found in fish. Bacon also has less fat than most cuits of beef and chicken.

I thought bacon is one of the unhealthy foods that we must avoid. But I was quite shock when I read an article saying that bacon is actually healthy.
This is a part of the article I've read:
"Bacon contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are the same nutrients found in fish. Thehealthy benefits of omega fatty acids are the reduced cholesterol and improved overall health in the heart. Despite the myth that bacon causes heart disease, it actually has a positive benefit on the heart and body."

Oh, this shocking. Bacon is never healthy,that's what I thought. But if it contains some nutrition, still it should be consumed on moderation.

Just wanted to share this:
"Bacon Nutrition. Bacon is high in both calories and fat, so it should be eaten in moderation in any diet. One slice of bacon contains about 42 calories and more than 3 grams of fat. ... Bacon has 192 mg of salt per slice, so it isn't healthy, even when you aren't trying to lose weight." -this is from google, not my own.

I searched the internet and that's what i found. For bacon lovers, just keep in mind that anything that is too much is not good.

With all due respect, I don't understand where you got this idea that bacon has less fat than most cuts of beef or chicken. Bacon is notorious for being literally one of the fattiest cuts of meat you can buy. I'm going to list off the grams of fat per 100g of raw meat, using the information available on any nutritional website such as myfitnesspal.com or eatthismuch.com.

Bacon: 40g.

Chicken Breast: 3g.
Chicken Thigh: 4g.
Chicken Wing: 7g.

Beef Strip Steak: 3g.
Beef Flank Steak: 5g.
Beef Sirloin Steak: 6g.
Beef Shell Steak: 18g.
Beef Ribeye Steak: 22g.

As you can clearly see, bacon is much fattier than either chicken or beef by a wide margin. I'm not saying that a strip or two of bacon with your morning eggs is going to kill you, but saying that bacon is a lean meat is a straight up lie. If you were to eat bacon in the same amounts as you would chicken, beef, or even leaner cuts of pork, you would develop heart problems. That's just common sense.

I have always heard all my life that Bacon is never healthy and if loved,consumption should be in moderation. Though I used to love Bacon but I had outrightly cut it off since I started my weight loss journey maybe its time I reintroduced it but watch the amount since it a bit healthy as stated

From what I know bacon is unhealthy and contains a lot of fat, contrary of what you have read I would avoid consuming bacon, there are many alternatives to meal cooking than bacon.

All foods are healthy if taken in moderation. Bacon is one of the best tasting food that I know and I won't hesitate a bit if I see a serving on the table. Bacon is good with eggs, bread, rice and even on pizzas. Or we can eat it by itself like there was no tomorrow. Kidding aside, bacon is real good.

Bacon contains a lot of fat but 50℅ of these are healthy mono unsaturated fats and a large part of those are Oleic Acid which is the same fatty acid olive oil has. The leftover fat which is 40℅ saturated and 10℅ polyunsaturated fat is nothing to be worried about since the serving portion of bacon being eaten is quite small, it's not like the size of a steak or something.

Well i grew eating bacon usually during breakfast. I think bacon is not that unhealthy provided that you eat in moderation. Yeah we all heard about fats and cholesterol and the harmful effects etc... but the fact is we all consume this in a daily basis either directly or indirectly. We just have to be cautious and disciplined on how we eat. Basically we can eat everything we just have to keep it controlled.

All my life I thought of Bacon as an unhealthy food and basing from the other comments regarding it's fat content, I don't think my thoughts about it will change. Bacon is definitely unhealthy but with moderate consumption I don't think it will affect our body a lot. Our body also needs meat and fats and a small portion of it is considerable.

Actually @Denis P it depends on how you eat or the diet you adopt. On low carb diets bacon is a super food because it is high in fat. You know they are two types of fats? It is considered a healthy fat. A diet like keto requires you consume majority of your calories from fat. Bacon is one of the ideal foods for this and you are encouraged to have it. I've never seen anyone have that much bacon, because its high fat content makes you full rather fast. I think those who think that bacon is unhealthy still eat the low fat way which does not work for some.

I Thought Bacon is Not Healthy Because Its Too Much Calories And Fat When i Searched About it on The Google its Was Healthy and i Was Shocked And I Read The Description and Actually Bacon Generally Considered Healthy To Our Heart And i Don't Know Why Because My Friends Told me Eating Bacon is Bad I Was Like Okay But its Actually Healthy.

I am not a nutritionist or dietitian but my take on bacon is that anything that is pork is good for our help provided it is cooked well. That means bacon should be fried to be crisp because when it is not crispy then that means it is undercooked. Pork has fat and cholesterol that are removed when it is roasted or fried. But I guess it is all right to eat undercooked bacon once in a blue moon because it will not matter anyway.

Unlike other foods bacon is eaten sparingly because of its intense flavor. Bacon for me is healthy because it's a source of protein. Eating a bacon sandwich with a couple of bacon strips and a lot of vegetables is tasty and nutritious. One can't compare eating the same amount pound for pound of a steak and bacon because you eat bacon sparingly.

I'm not fan of bacon. but it parts of breakfast ao I think there is something to bacon to make it as a breakfast and food starter.

Bacon is healthy. It contains proteins necessary for the body to remain healthy. It also contains omega fats like the ones that are found in fish. In terms of calories, it has its fair share but it is safe to say that beyond that it is a healthy piece of meat.

Bacon, whether it's healthy or not, will always be bacon. In short, everyone will always go for some bacon for more reasons. But then again, let's not spoil our priviliges by overdoing it. Just have a good bacon sandwich and that's it for the day. Take another one the next day, at will. In that way we are able to practice some moderation even when faced with a delctable temptation like bacon.

ive almost cut all red meat from my diet now , the studies are stacking up linking high consumption to cancers