Introduction and Chronicle of my Progress

This holiday weekend has been a derailment for me as well. Too many friends and family around to keep my schedule. But, you are right. Can't let an occasional blip in the plan get us off track. Back to better things starting tomorrow.

Journal entry #10 Day 17 - July 4 2019

Starting Weight:
463.7 (April 27, 2019)
Starting Weight for OMAD: 460.7 (June 18, 2019 )
Current Weight: 449 pounds (June 29, 2019)
Last Weekly Loss: 2 Pounds
Total Loss: 14.7 Pounds
activity log: 30 min walk

Food Log June 29,

BBQ Steak
roasted chicken
Eggs
Ice cream sandwich
1 beer

just a regular day, broke fast at 4 pm with some chicken as I was preparing the grill and then steak and eggs for supper with a beer and an ice cream sandwich for desert. got my walk in at lunch and other than that an uneventful day.

Journal entry #11 Day 18 - July 5 2019

Starting Weight:
463.7 (April 27, 2019)
Current Weight: 449 pounds (June 29, 2019)
Last Weekly Loss: 2 Pounds
Total Loss: 14.7 Pounds
activity log: 30 min walk

Food Log,

Swiss Chalet chicken
Kale Caesar salad
coleslaw
3 perogies
ice cream

We went out to swiss chalet tonight for supper and I got chicken and salad then we went to the park for a walk and had ice cream afterwards. It was a good evening and a fun time. exercise is easier with more people then yourself because it is not as boring.

I was given some work swag today in form of a think outside the box t-shirt. However like most promotional items it did not come in my size and the largest was 2x. I am currently in between a 4x and a 5x. I decided to use the tshirt as a motivational tool and a progress measure. My "fit inside the box" initiative. I took pictures of me in this 2x shirt from the front and the side and my goal is to keep taking pictures once a month until the shirt is big on me instead of tight. So I will be gradually fitting inside the box that is printed on the front of the t-shirt.

It gives me another measure for progress besides weight. speaking of weight it is weigh day tomorrow and my hope is to stay around the same give or take a pound after my holiday weekend debacle.

I agree, when we look at this as a preferred lifestyle, but knowing that not every day will go as planned, then it seems to take that pressure off, and feeling that we failed.
To, me I see this as not much different from other things I do, that sometimes turn out the way I want, and sometimes don’t. But, it just becomes yesterday, and I try to do better tomorrow.

Journal entry #12 Days 19 - 22 July 6-9 2019

Starting Weight:
463.7 (April 27, 2019)
Current Weight: 444.1pounds (June 29, 2019)
Last Weekly Loss: 4.9 Pounds
Total Loss: 19.6 Pounds

Had a good loss this week, I know there is more to it than the weight but it does make you feel good to finally see numbers drop on a semi regular basis after so long of hovering around the same weight or gaining. My weekends I find it hard to do OMAD due to be on the go most of the day with family and just having my regulkar work schedule throw into disarray. during these days I am not really tracking and just to my best not to over eat and keep it within a 12-16 hour fasting window.

Though it is only 20 pounds gone in a few months I am starting to feel a little lighter and have a little more pep not sure if this is due to less weight on me or just a better feeling of confidence and new found resolve.

back to the work week and back to omad for the next 5 days.

Journal entry #13 Days 23 July 10

Starting Weight:
463.7 (April 27, 2019)
Current Weight: 444.1 pounds (June 29, 2019)
Last Weekly Loss: 4.9 Pounds
Total Loss: 19.6 Pounds

Food Log
BBQ
bbq hamburgers
turkey sausage
muffin bar
ice cream sandwich

I do love the summer, my favorite meal is bbq. no steak today but the burgers were great and I fill sated still way into the night. always good to have a filling meal to last me well into my graveyard shift.

Not everyone does OMAD every single day, especially when they have things happening with their family, or other activities that make OMAD difficult on weekends, or other specific times.
I have seen people say that they do OMAD during the week, and then on the weekend they do 16:8, or something similar, so that it fits in with their schedule better.
I have done this sometimes, and I think that as long as we are being as close as we can to the OMAD lifestyle, then we are still helping ourself , and not hurting ourself.
If it is a planned change, then it is not the same thing as “falling off the wagon” which is a totally unplanned binge-eating, which means a total loss of control over our eating.