Intermittent OMAD

The Christmas season is getting near and it is giving me a reason to be more hesitant in going full OMAD. So many occasions are coming and we will be deluged with invitations for parties and gathering. It would be an insult to the host if I will attend a banquet and will not eat. My question is this – can I go OMAD for 1 month and quit? Maybe I will go OMAD again in the next month. Is it healthy and normal?

OMAD is not a force but a method in which one voluntarily engages in. One can start and stop at will. Yet what do you want to achieve with OMAD? Can that purpose be achieved by going in and out of it at will? If the answer to this question is in the affirmative then do as you like.

Which is more important between your health and pleasing friends who invites you for Christmas? The verdict is yours.

It’s perfectly fine to do things this way.

I recently watched a documentary with a physician who recommends OMAD, and he actually brought up the exact point you’re making about the holidays. I’m obviously paraphrasing, but he basically said that you don’t want to be “that” guy or girl around the holidays—you know, the one who sits there next to an empty plate, talking about their diet while everyone is enjoying a holiday meal.

He said there’s a time for fasting, and a time for feasting, and the holidays are a time for feasting. There’s nothing wrong with getting off the wagon and jumping back on once they’re over.

I think there's nothing wrong with it if you will eat with moderation and try to eat within your eating window.if you're keen on keeping a perfect weight then you wouldn't have much of a problem just like me in keeping fit and taking away from food but you can still enjoy but moderately.

I think there's nothing wrong with it if you will eat with moderation and try to eat within your eating window.if you're keen on keeping a perfect weight then you wouldn't have much of a problem just like me in keeping fit and taking away from food but you can still enjoy but moderately.

If it is in the eating window, there is no reason why @Corzhens cannot go to the banquet and totally enjoy herself with as much of whatever food is there.
This is exactly one of the greatest benefits of OMAD, it that there is room for feasting as well as fasting, unlike most restrictive diets.
You are very wrong if you think that OMAD is just about cutting calories and only eating minimal amounts of foods, @Enyi !
If you will just read the information about OMAD that Jimmy has put on his website, it will explain this to you and then you will not be giving people like Corie (who is really trying to do this and lose weight) the wrong information about what she can do.

Of course, she can stay on OMAD, and still celebrate the holidays, just like anyone else can !
If we know we are invited to a party or banquet, then we plan our fasting time around that, so we will be in the eating window for the banquet. If more things than one invitation happen, it might mean shorter times of just intermittent fasting throughout the holidays, and even skipping some days, and then getting back on schedule afterwards.
The authorities of IF all recommend that you allow for things like holidays and vacations.

Last edited:
I don't think you'd need to quit altogether just because you have more cheat days as I doubt that the parties will be so frequent you'd be forced to go to one everyday. I think it's better to have one month put in rather than delaying it another month just because you are anticipating some bumps in the road in between.

That's my question too. What will happend to OMAD when the holiday season starts now the gathering invitation is starting too. I'm really excited about Christmas.

Gee, that’s one good line that you said for me, @Happyflowerlady because my main concern in OMAD is my hyperactive appetite. But when I eat a lot especially when I love the food on the table, I get so full that I would still be not hungry even after the next meal time. I have been skipping dinner for several days in a row and I guess I can handle that arrangement. Once I could skip breakfast as well then that is full OMAD for me and for sure I wouldn’t fail this time.

I really think that it will work for you to do that, @Corzhens . Skipping dinner is how I started, too. Then, I delayed breakfast, and soon, I was eating just one meal a day. Some days my schedule gets all messed up, and my fasting times might be either longer or shorter, and I might even end up eating more than once , now and then.
I figure that as long as I keep up the fasting and OMAD as much as possible, it will keep working.
Many of the books say that you should change up your schedule so that your body does not get to expecting the same amount of calories at the same time every day; so having a very light meal on one day, and going out for a full meal on another day can actually be a good thing.
One of the “rules” that I try to follow is this:
“Eat what you should when it doesn’t matter, so that you can eat what you want when it does matter”.