Intermittent Fasting Myths - What is the Truth?

Thanks for that information. But for me IF is legit. It is of course for people who have the strength or will to do it. The more focus on doing it the more your body will adapt into in. The main reason of this diet is your body will have more time grinding the food rather than more time inserting fats by eating.

I believe it truly works. Not only does it eliminate excess fats, you also feel more energized. It's because you're not eating more and more food than necessary. You feel lighter and better.

I think that's right. Feel hungry because our mind knows about the time to eat. it's all set in our mind the breakfast, lunch and dinner. But if we will adjust our mind just to eat one meal a day, it's gonna work, well I know it's really hard for the beginner like me to that.

I think that's right. Feel hungry because our mind knows about the time to eat. it's all set in our mind the breakfast, lunch and dinner. But if we will adjust our mind just to eat one meal a day, it's gonna work, well I know it's really hard for the beginner like me to that.

True! Because our bodies are used to how we normally eat. And this just makes it much harder for us. But in time, we'll eventually adjust to our new eating patterns. I'm glad to have one meal a day if I can focus more on maintaining a healthy meal each day.

Exactly. This kind of diet needs a lot of will power and determination. If you don't have those, you won't have the power to control your brain from thinking of such tempting foods during those hours where you naturally eat. Our brains are powerful but so does we because we are the owners of our brain. If we learn how to control it, we can definitely tell it when to look for food and be hungry. IF maybe is a tough diet, but if you really want to be slimmer and look healthier then this is the right diet for you. However, this is not for everyone so it's better to evaluate first yourself before deciding to start because nothing good comes out from being too excited.

Exactly. This kind of diet needs a lot of will power and determination. If you don't have those, you won't have the power to control your brain from thinking of such tempting foods during those hours where you naturally eat. Our brains are powerful but so does we because we are the owners of our brain. If we learn how to control it, we can definitely tell it when to look for food and be hungry. IF maybe is a tough diet, but if you really want to be slimmer and look healthier then this is the right diet for you. However, this is not for everyone so it's better to evaluate first yourself before deciding to start because nothing good comes out from being too excited.
Yeah, that's right. But we should consider to consult the doctor about this. One meal a day is really hard specially for heavy eaters like me. Our mind is really powerful to follow the routine specially about the time to eat. So, I think this one meal a day should step by step, our body should be prepare to do this.

True! Because our bodies are used to how we normally eat. And this just makes it much harder for us. But in time, we'll eventually adjust to our new eating patterns. I'm glad to have one meal a day if I can focus more on maintaining a healthy meal each day.
Honestly, I can do this one meal a day, specially if I really need to save money because the pay day is still a week away. :) But in my normal routine, I think I really need more preparation. I'm heavy eater or eat a lots, my body will suffer if I will immediately undergo in one meal a day program.

Yeah, that's right. But we should consider to consult the doctor about this. One meal a day is really hard specially for heavy eaters like me. Our mind is really powerful to follow the routine specially about the time to eat. So, I think this one meal a day should step by step, our body should be prepare to do this.
Very true. I actually advice the same to others to always consult their physician before starting a diet to know if their body is compatible and can withstand the hunger and loss of some nutrients. I am actually a heavy eater as well because I do eat 4-5 plates at dinner and included in that meal is at least 2 cups of rice. However, I did my best to control my brain so I kind of like survived for the first few weeks but had to stop because of my hyper acidity due to the long hours of classes I had to attend. Hopefully, everyone who does this diet will consult their doctor and if their doctors let them I hope they'll have the courage and determination to survive such hard and painful diet.

Honestly, I can do this one meal a day, specially if I really need to save money because the pay day is still a week away. :) But in my normal routine, I think I really need more preparation. I'm heavy eater or eat a lots, my body will suffer if I will immediately undergo in one meal a day program.

It's okay to prepare before undergoing any major change in your diet. Just make sure to have a solid motivation to actually follow through with it. A lot of us do diets once and that's it. It's not something you stop once you get tired of doing it.

It's okay to prepare before undergoing any major change in your diet. Just make sure to have a solid motivation to actually follow through with it. A lot of us do diets once and that's it. It's not something you stop once you get tired of doing it.
Yeah, you're right. most of the time people stop doing the diet program, when their body is already familiar to the routine or the diet program, and I don't like that, that's why just step by step. thanks for the adivice.

Yeah, you're right. most of the time people stop doing the diet program, when their body is already familiar to the routine or the diet program, and I don't like that, that's why just step by step. thanks for the adivice.

I mostly avoid stuff that sets me back in my diet. Stuff like junk food and soft-drink. It's really easy to fall into that trap. But we should stay motivated to keep ourselves as healthy as possible.

I mostly avoid stuff that sets me back in my diet. Stuff like junk food and soft-drink. It's really easy to fall into that trap. But we should stay motivated to keep ourselves as healthy as possible.
That's right. We should train our mind to just eat healthy foods and avoid those junk foods, but honestly I'm not doing that, and I think I don't need it yet, being active in sports is enough for me to burn those unnecessary things inside my body.

Yeah, you're right! It's much better to set a limit when on a diet. Making ourselves busy in many activities can help us to set aside our cravings. Junk foods, carbonated soft drinks and any other unhealthy food are not good for us. Explore outside, be active and take some more healthy food are much better.

Honestly, intermittent fasting is the only diet plan that worked for me. I tried other diet like no-rice diet etc. But I had a hard time maintaining it. Unlike in IF, I've been into it for a couple of weeks now and I feel more energized and motivated on my goal to be fit.

Very true. I actually advice the same to others to always consult their physician before starting a diet to know if their body is compatible and can withstand the hunger and loss of some nutrients. I am actually a heavy eater as well because I do eat 4-5 plates at dinner and included in that meal is at least 2 cups of rice. However, I did my best to control my brain so I kind of like survived for the first few weeks but had to stop because of my hyper acidity due to the long hours of classes I had to attend. Hopefully, everyone who does this diet will consult their doctor and if their doctors let them I hope they'll have the courage and determination to survive such hard and painful diet.
That's right. That's why some of the athlete has their own nutritionist before doing heavy diet. I remember pacquiao the famous boxer, he has a private nutritionist, giving him even just one meal a day diet to reach the weight needed before the fight.

It is not a myth. It will never be famous if that is a myth. A lot of celebrity do this diet and they show us proof that it is a good one.

For me who has been overweight for most of my life, this is the only way of eating that has worked for me. I started with the 16-8 protocol moved to 18-4 then to OMAD. At first it was hard. I never thought that I would be able to do it. I used to see my parents fast for religious reasons and think to myself, I can't do this. Now I'm used to it. I know they are a number of books that are written about it and tout its benefits. Whoever wants to start should do their research and consult a doctor. However you also need to know that doctors have their biases, some like it others don't so do it and get regular checkups to see the effects it has on your health.

That's right. That's why some of the athlete has their own nutritionist before doing heavy diet. I remember pacquiao the famous boxer, he has a private nutritionist, giving him even just one meal a day diet to reach the weight needed before the fight.
Exactly. Just like how professional artists consult professional help with their diets, we regular persons should also consult our dietitians or nutritionists so that we won't experience negative effects with our diet.