In the beginning

Hello gang,

Newbie here who is apprehensive about staring this new way of life. At 30 yo, 5"9 and 118kg I'm starting to realize my body is getting away from me. Funnily enough I watched myself on TV the other night it was a rerun of a show about my local football team from 12 years ago. Man I was in great shape back then and seeing it really got to me. Time to do something about it. All I need now is the will power to get my to my first goal which is double figures i.e. 99kg

Just keep it simple. Stick to the basic OMAD principle of 23/1. It's really not hard. Don't think of it as a diet, think of it as being in control again. I'm two weeks in, and apart from brief hunger pangs in the morning it's been no problem at all. I can sense my body feels better for it.

Here's hoping I can have the self control in these first few days. Hunger pangs in the morning shouldn't be a problem for me as I usually feel sick if I eat to early in the day

A slow burner so far. I think mentally not eating /snacking throughout the day is the toughest part but I should get on top of it over a few days

A slow burner so far. I think mentally not eating /snacking throughout the day is the toughest part but I should get on top of it over a few days
I feel ya girl- I've been doing it for three days and trying to get in the swing of it. I find I am 2MAD and working my way to OMAD :). On the plus side no snacking and missing one meal for me is progress. I think I will have it down in another day.

Hello gang,

Newbie here who is apprehensive about staring this new way of life. At 30 yo, 5"9 and 118kg I'm starting to realize my body is getting away from me. Funnily enough I watched myself on TV the other night it was a rerun of a show about my local football team from 12 years ago. Man I was in great shape back then and seeing it really got to me. Time to do something about it. All I need now is the will power to get my to my first goal which is double figures i.e. 99kg
How are you adjusting now? I just started back because I realised that when I was a teen and in my twenties I mostly ate once a day. It wasn't until I started having children I ate 3 square meals and my weight crept up . At first I didn't want to be odd but then when I looked it up ; it's a thing (who would have known?). But my body knows when I usually eat!! I guarentee I'm going to be hungry at 10 am, 2 pm, and 7. I'm day 3 now and am getting more mental strength but I still get a lot of cravings.

How are you adjusting now? I just started back because I realised that when I was a teen and in my twenties I mostly ate once a day. It wasn't until I started having children I ate 3 square meals and my weight crept up . At first I didn't want to be odd but then when I looked it up ; it's a thing (who would have known?). But my body knows when I usually eat!! I guarentee I'm going to be hungry at 10 am, 2 pm, and 7. I'm day 3 now and am getting more mental strength but I still get a lot of cravings.
ME too! I used to eat a banana for breakfast, Skip lunch and then around 4pm eat like crazy. And I was vegetarian. I blame my kids and husband for changing. (It would be un-american to take responsibility ;))

Hello. I just want to reassure you that this WORKS. I am on this forum due to a wee regain . I lost 125lbs
IT works. It really does . But you have to follow it to the letter. Happydays