Im new need advice

Hello
I'm new on here. I have been doing the Intermittent fasting (16:8) since 8/22/19, and started in the gym 8/1/19
working out 5-6 days a week. Starting weight was 271 lbs. I'm 56 and 5'3".I changed the way and what I eat. No more alcohol
no sweets,no fried food,rice ,pasta,bread..mostly I try for high protein ,low carbs.. and at the start of my fasting my weight
was @269 lbs. After the first week of fasting I lost (water weight) @264 lbs. Was sooo HAPPY!! Labor Day weekend , family in town I didn't stay
on track. And that Tue. I weighted 270 lbs. Very depressed I got back on track,and still can not get the weight to really move.
Today (9/11/19) I'm @266.8 lbs. So now, I'm going from the 16:8 to OMAD starting 9/15/19..Another thing about me 11years ago I had gastric bypass
and I lost a lot of weight, But have put it back on..I'm not working, 1 yr out of my second total knee replacement, also deal with back
pain. but was told by Doc heading towards becoming diabetic if I don't lose weight.So hoping the OMAD will help along with me eating
the right amount of Cals and drinking enough water. Can I get some advice to why the scale may not be moving ??

I'm no expert but some thoughts: Muscle weighs more than fat. Could have water retention when you weigh.
I just began eating every other day (keto carnivore) and it is helping. However, the last few days I have eaten carbs I have not eaten since last november. I am still losing but they made me feel sick for a few hours! (white rice seemed to make me feel nauseous and have cramps the next day)
I began keto last November when I weighed 210. Currently I weigh 175. I had not lost for months so I switched to OMAD a week or two ago and a few days ago I switched to eating every other day have lost about 5 pounds since then. So I was able to eat junk carbs and still lose eating every other day but I don't really feel good about eating them. Mentally or physically. :)
Sorry I'm not more specific.
I am sure you will receive other answers which may be more helpful than mine.
God bless

Hello, @monalis , and welcome to the OMAD forum !
I have been doing OMAD for a while now, but I have found that like most things in my life, it is an ongoing process of changing, and not someone that works perfectly for me every day.
After years of being on different diets, I had the mindset that if I messed up even one time, or went off the diet and binged, that I had ruined everything and was starting over (or quitting).
With OMAD, I see it as a way of eating that I want to do, but still knowing that I am a person who is not going to reach my goals every single day.
I also try to go to the fitness center and exercise each day, but sometimes, things come up, or I don’t feel good, or some reason why I don’t make the fitness center and get my swimming for the day.
But, like learning to ride a bike, I just keep on doing it, and every day that I am able to achieve my goals is a good day.

Hello, @monalis , and welcome to the OMAD forum !
I have been doing OMAD for a while now, but I have found that like most things in my life, it is an ongoing process of changing, and not someone that works perfectly for me every day.
After years of being on different diets, I had the mindset that if I messed up even one time, or went off the diet and binged, that I had ruined everything and was starting over (or quitting).
With OMAD, I see it as a way of eating that I want to do, but still knowing that I am a person who is not going to reach my goals every single day.
I also try to go to the fitness center and exercise each day, but sometimes, things come up, or I don’t feel good, or some reason why I don’t make the fitness center and get my swimming for the day.
But, like learning to ride a bike, I just keep on doing it, and every day that I am able to achieve my goals is a good day.
Hello, and thanks for sharing...I'm going to make this change!!