I think Bone Broth is triggering hunger...

Just a message. I've been doing great for almost 6 weeks on OMAD. SomedaysI was sipping a cup of Mushroom Broth in the morning- getting my salts that help lower hunger) and Mushroom Broth has less than 5 calories per cup. No Problems Noted. Then the past couple days I started bone broth (45 calories per cup!) - I noticed it was a lot harder to wait till my meal, in fact, I couldn't wait, and ended up having 2 meals each of the last 2 days! NOT A GOOD IDEA. The only thing I did differently was the bone broth. Learned my lesson. I'm only doing water today before my meal! Hunger is back down to normal. Once I get more confident again, I might pick up some mushroom broth, but for now it's water only, and with a pinch of salt if I'm feeling extra hungry.

I'm starting tommorow and was looking at the liquids that will be allowed. What kind of mushroom broth are you using?

I'm starting tommorow and was looking at the liquids that will be allowed. What kind of mushroom broth are you using?
I'm just using the Grocery store type, I'm buying more tonight so I'll let you know. They sell it next to the chicken broth and veggie broth...

I used a different one last time- so must have gotten it from Walmart? The above pictured broth I got from Jewel, our grocery store. The one above is Pacific brand, organic, with 32 oz... It's made with water, mushrooms, sea salt, & garlic... But any brand will do. The other one I had said <5 calories, this one says 5 calories.

Thanks Shelly. I'm going to try this. I will try my local walmart tomorrow and see what I find. Gives me something to do on my first day while trying to stay busy:)

I haven't tried bone broth during my OMAD but I remember anything too flavorful triggered my desire to eat.
You must change the way you think of broth. It is food, it smells like meaty soup, add some garlic and freshly grounded pepper and it will be a meal replacement with very few calories and it widens the choice of drinks. I think.

I haven't tried bone broth during my OMAD but I remember anything too flavorful triggered my desire to eat.
I just made beef bone broth. Slow cooked it for 40 hours with onions, carrots and celery. After, my wife picked out the meat and the marrow that came off during cooking and separated them. I plan on using some of the marrow in my other food, like my eggs or even in the broth with the veggies that I cooked with the bones. The fat in the marrow should satiate your hunger. I just got done reading where they are finding that bone marrow is actually good for you. Heres' the article: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/07/140703125216.htm

From my point of view - everything containing calories might trigger hunger but the benefits of a low calorie bone broth are so outway the pain of hunger. The major benefit for me is that it improves joint health and boost immune system, but there are many many more. Bone broths contain minerals in forms that our body can easily absorb: calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, silicon, sulphur and others. But I believe all these 'goodie' are found only in a homemade broth. I buy organic bones and slowly cook them with bay leaves, onion, carrots, and pepper corns for 12 hours. Then I sieve the liquid and freeze it in one portion's containers.
Hunger is a part of this diet or any diet and is unavoidable. Hunger itself is a healthy feeling and it is nothing wrong to feel it. But we know that suppressing it is a key to success. Water, coffee, lemon water, tea and bone broth are there for me when I need to fool my body until its my time to eat.
I love 4pm time.

I was only doing water while fasting but then really wanted a diet soda one day because I needed a caffeine boost. I'm not a big fan of diet soda and usually only have 1 a week when I run my errands, so I try not to even buy it for home. I drank it and it made me hungry. I do find that black coffee gives me a little energy boost without making me hungry though. I know black coffee isn't for everyone though.

I picked up some bone broth yesterday since I'm reading great things about it. I'll use it in my meals though. Generally if I'm feeling hungry I just drink some water. It seems to do the trick for me.

You must change the way you think of broth. It is food, it smells like meaty soup, add some garlic and freshly grounded pepper and it will be a meal replacement with very few calories and it widens the choice of drinks. I think.
I totally agree with you on the benefits of bone broth. I actually started consuming it years ago when I was heavy into paleo eating and used grassfed beef. I just haven’t made it since I’ve started omading a month ago. Wow I didn’t realize it’s been a month for me until now.

Hunger is also my nemesis that’s why I am doing a deeper research on OMAD in order to be successful. I think broth and other soups can really make you hungry because it is actually an appetizer. Take for instance when you dine in a steak house, they will give you soup and bread before serving the entrée. I guess you have to quit having soup if ii is aside from your meal. Thanks for sharing your experience because it adds to my knowledge.

I have never tried the bone broth before so I might not have this experience this but I take beef and goat broth and I hardly feel hungry after taking mine.so maybe you could try other type of broth and see if you will be able to feel different.

This might be due to the sodium content as from what I know salt does trigger your appetite, although if you've already been using the same brand with just another flavor then they both probably contain pretty much the same amount of salt and you may be right that one just may be better than the other for suppressing appetite. I will have to try this out myself as I do like warm soup but have never really paid attention on what makes me hungrier at night.