I must be missing something here for maintenance, help

Reading FAQ where it mentions "I generally recommend getting at least 1200-1500 calories in your one meal a day. But, there isn’t a specific number that you should be really targeting. One of the luxuries of omad is not having to worry about meal restrictions or counting calories."

Looking at my caloric needs, with a low activity level, I need nearly 3100 calories just to maintain. Even if I go with the high end of of that OMAD that means I am burning 1600 calories / 178 grams of fat a day and should be burning a pound of weight nearly every two days.

I am confused how I wouldn't be a skeleton in no time with that sort of caloric intake.

What am I missing?

All I can work out is that people are eating carb-rich diets in order to get their calories, and not pushing in vegetables and meat sources in hide enough quantities to meet people's base nutritional needs. If you are, I'd love to hear what you're eating.

Same with eating such a small amount of calories, you must always be losing.

Over a month later and no reply, as well as firing a direct message to Jimmy, is no one on maintenance in this program?

Reading FAQ where it mentions "I generally recommend getting at least 1200-1500 calories in your one meal a day. But, there isn’t a specific number that you should be really targeting. One of the luxuries of omad is not having to worry about meal restrictions or counting calories."

Looking at my caloric needs, with a low activity level, I need nearly 3100 calories just to maintain. Even if I go with the high end of of that OMAD that means I am burning 1600 calories / 178 grams of fat a day and should be burning a pound of weight nearly every two days.

I am confused how I wouldn't be a skeleton in no time with that sort of caloric intake.

What am I missing?

You're not alone. My caloric needs are similar to yours but it does seem difficult to maintain weight. I did lose 60lbs but then my body just stopped. I find myself gaining 5 or so lbs and starving to get them off. It's weird. I've always exercised heavily so I know it's not that. Short answer, IDK but I am considering a 3-5 day water fast just to see the after effects. I've read there is a hormonal component to weight loss or maintenance but I'm no Dr.