Hunger Pains with Omad

Hi Everyone! I want to start OMAD, but I'm battling with the hunger pains really hard. I've been reading everything on the website and am preparing to take the dive. What sort of time do you all Eat and what are you having in your fast times ??????

I eat 2-6 or so... I drink a lot of tea and not gonna lie- it gets bad but those hunger pains aren’t permanent! They go away...hang in there

Lots of water. Use caffeine to prolong a fast and get pass the hunger pains. It takes time for your body to adjust. The harder it is, the bigger the victory, which will give you more motivation. The results will be addicting. Keep going!

It can be difficult at the start. I still drink plenty of coffee. Use the Beverages to help curb the hunger. It will get better!!!

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Sadie. The first few weeks of Omad can be difficult. The longer you stay disciplined, the easier it will be in the long run. Try to keep yourself busy and that can help a lot with the hunger. A lot of times I would leave the house just to get away from the kitchen so I wouldn't be tempted to snack. I would choose an eating window that best suits and fits with your lifestyle. My eating window is usually from 3-7pm.

We have the same issue with dieting and that is the craving for food. But I am glad that I am now able to control the hunger little by little. Where before I would get hungry after 4 hours of having the meal, now I am able to skip dinner and the only obstacle for my full OMAD is the breakfast. But I am confident that I can skip breakfast next week and hopefully there will be no cravings.

Welcome to OMAD and I hope you will continue with the diet,it isn't easy but it is doable.Starting out anything has never been a jolly ride so one shouldn't expect that with OMAD just keep on with it.I have my eating window between 2-4pm.

It's not that hard to start OMAD. But it does become difficult as your body starts to change. You'll gradually adapt to it, but you're going to go through a period of wanting to eat. That's normal. It takes time but it's worth it. Once you become used to eating one meal a day, you can better focus on the food you want to eat.

I eat at three pm, I drink a lot of water and tea, to help me not feel the hunger I drink a small coffee in the morning but drinking the coffee takes me two-three hours and the coffee make hunger go away.

My experience is a bit different as I haven't found dealing with hunger to be that easier even after a few months of OMAD although I guess I just know what to expect each day a lot more as opposed to when I was just starting. Dealing with the hunger is easier on some days for me than others, and while waiting for meal time there really is not much I can do other than drink water and deal with it. Although one thing that has helped me is knowing enough to be able to move my meal time up an hour so I now eat at 2pm instead of 3pm which has helped me deal with the hunger somewhat since it's usually strongest at that time.