How to make healthier food choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea of quality versus quantity is one that you should focus on. One should do their homework and know what is important in specific foods, what they lack in their body and what they need boosting. A physicians recommendation in these matters would also go a long way to helping someone make healthy food choices.

Well, if we just focus on eating those whole unprocessed foods, then we'll have no problems at all. Most people are now fond of those that can be readily available and cooked. It all depends on our choices and prioritize our body's needs and not on what our wants are. There's a huge difference the two and I hope we'll be able to select our body's needs. I know that advertisements and huge help on saving time are affecting our choices, but as we think of the future effects, we'll surely realize the worth of our doings.

If we will go by the rule of portions like 5 portions of vegetables and two portions of meat etc. it would be too difficult to follow. Many folks cannot afford the right diet so to speak because the healthy foods are really more expensive than the junk ones. But there are good foods and are abundantly cheap like bananas and potatoes. It's a matter of really planning our diet by including these health foods and not being tempted to eat the more attractive ones like burgers and bacons.
True! Some healthy foods are really expensive and unavailable at times in our place. But there are also alternatives that are available and cheap which implies that it is our own choice if we choose to be healthy or not.

I agree with this article. Not many of us consciously think about what we eat although in the last ten years or so people have begun to seriously do this.This should be the cardinal rule quality over quantity. If you are or were overweight you know that quantity was your moto. You know you could easily eat a tub of ice-cream or a packet of sweets. Since deciding to eat this way I appreciate and think more about what I eat. I can't believe I never gave it much for so many years. I prefer to eat mostly protein and vegetables. On the weekend I have fruits and some carbs. This has changed how I look and feel for the better.
What we eat really reflects us inside and out.
We are influenced and blinded by advertisements for years now and many of us choose instant foods that are easy and convenient to prepare. I guess this is the right time to select what our body needs not what we want.

It's not hard to choice healthy food. Most natural food are healthy they have nutrients that will help our body. But eating one kind of food even though it's a natural one is unhealthy, try to follow the food pyramid.

Just watched a health-oriented show this morning regarding the effects of the food we eat. If we are really negligent of our food intake, quantity, and quality, we'll suffer the consequences. I hope that more people will be informed and motivated as well. Sickness and not living your life to our max potential should be enough reasons for us to be mindful of our food choices. We really need to start good habits and a healthy lifestyle through our diet- the food we eat, the variety and also how we prepare or cook our food.

Before OMAD diet, I was such a fan fast food and restaurants. I did not go well with my body as well as my wallet.
Now, I appreciate OMAD diet because it has taught me many things. I can binge-eat without putting my body in harm. The concept of quality over quantity is indeed applicable in OMAD diet. It refers to the amount of the good nutrients that you put into your body even in small amounts. In OMAD diet I can say that I have eaten so many varieties of food than having no proper diet ever. I used to rotate junk food, sweets, fastfood, sugary coffee in high volume before OMAD diet. But now, I rotate unimaginable number of recipes made out of vegetables, fruits, lean meat, white meat, and all. I can eat small portion of each kind and at the same time eat in huge volume.

An incredible wellbeing can make loads of contrasts throughout your life. In the event that one is fit physically, his psychological prosperity is additionally dealt with. Thusly it is important to eat right in everyday life and deal with body wellbeing. There are bunches of decisions for nourishment things in the market and we should endeavor to settle on more quick witted decisions that include towards profiting our wellbeing. Shoddy nourishment and sugar ought to be stayed away from to the most extreme and supplanting them with naturally custom made sustenance things is the best decision.

learning how to cook is one that specifically relates to me. At the place where I was born and living currently women are always given the cooking role by society. That by itself means that you will hardly find yourself in the kitchen as a man and you have to wait on to be served. I have nonetheless tried to change the narrative for myself as I cook my own food.

Thank you for sharing this. And this is really right. Not just with food we can apply this to our daily life too. Well we have to know that we need to consider the most needed and most important too.
It is only when we do things consiously that we will be able to reap benefits that are actually worth the while. If we only eat without considering the long term advantages and disdvantages we may end up regretting when it is too late.

To know healthier foods, you need to research on the net carefully the nutrients a certain food can give you. Just like me, I do research to know if that food will get me more calories or anyhing. I tried to add up all of their nutrients and check if they are good for me. If I see some food will give me too much of a certain nutrients then I change that and find some food that will fit with the other food I choice.

Knowing what your body needs is really what it takes to keep your healthy diet in track. It is so easy to get sidetracked when you find your plate with variety of healthy food but not the ones you needed. It is a must to remember that though our bodies are made up of same compositions, each individual have different Vitamin and minerals needs. This really is a great advice.

A lot of unhealthy foods are appearing in the market today. Junk foods are usually the favorite of teenagers and that the parents should watch out for. Processed foods are also cheaper and easily accessible, that's why it is in-demand in the market. As what this article said, quality over quantity. When it comes to food or in anything at all, quality should be the choice. What is cheaper if it will kill you? Quality is what matters.

Thank you for sharing us this article, it helped me a lot. I like the idea of understanding what food I needed the most. I learned that I should consider first the foods that I think would be more beneficial for my body. Foods that could help me lose some weight and on the same time, could make me healthier as I grow up.

I've been overweight for most of my adult life, I have been on nearly every diet under the sun. I have also been on the touted healthy food bandwagon which is mostly low fat foods and fruits and vegetables. However I discovered the low carb way of eating which is the absolute opposite and recommends high fat foods and proteins and no fruits except avacadoes and berries. So my question would be what is healthy food? In my opinion it is food that makes your body feel good and helps you reach your healthy body weight. In my case its anything low carbohydrate. Foods high in carbohydrates make me feel bloated.

To make healther food choices you must not only have an "intimate" knowledge of certain products, but also consult with people who consumed them already. Although, I believe some products have different effects on different people. Speaking from my own personal experience, I don't really go with grains all that well, and my favorite choices are always vegetables. A mixed salad, to be more specific.

This article is really helpful to most people that are on their preferred diet whatever diet it may be. Whenever I make the food I eat, I personally put more vegetables and fruits and piece of meat on my plate and in this way it looks more colorful to look at and definitely more exciting to eat. I really thought that I have managed to get quality over quantity on the food choices that I make when I started one meal a day diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.