How Popular Is OMAD?

In my country? No, it is not. People here don't know what OMAD is. And when I explain it, they don't like it. But on the internet, it is quite popular among the dieters. Almost every person who has lost weight, heard of it.

It is not also that famous here in our country. I'm not sure why, but I knew some people doing OMAD but only few. I think health departments should consider of teaching OMAD to their students and explain how it can help our body to be healthy.

OMAD is not that popular yet. Fasting strikes fear in the hearts of many people. Even though they may need to lose weight and other methods of shedding those extra pounds have failed, many may not be willing to try OMAD because skipping a meal is something they can't attempt unless circumstances compel them to.

Nonetheless one thing I'm sure of is that OMAD will gain popularity especially when people learn that there is more to it than just losing weight. You know,if there is one thing that motivates to do something is knowing they'll gain something from it. Tell them about the health benefits of OMAD and you'll see many switching. Currently though, OMAD is not that popular.

I think OMAD is unknown to many people, myself I've never heard of it until I found this great forum. Personally in my country no one knows, and out of curiousity I asked my friends (after finding out about OMAD on this forum) if they have heard about it, and they said they haven't a clue. So I'm beginning to slowly explain to them what OMAD is. I even sent them a link to this forum.

I think that this is something that it growing and catching on by leaps and bounds. If you look on Amazon at the Kindle Store, you will find many books about OMAD as well as intermittent fasting, which is also highly popular for people to lose weight and become healthy again.
There is a Facebook Group that goes with this website and forum, and it now has over 70,000 members worldwide ! !
If you want to join the Facebook group, go to the main website page, scroll down until you see the symbols for Facebook, Twitter, etc, and then you can follow us on social media as well as here on the forum.
Most people are also combining a low carb/ketogenic eating plan along with the one meal a day style of eating, because when you are burning fat for body fuel, you lose most of your hunger; but many people eat whatever they want and still lose weight.
Since the main guideline is to eat and then fast, this style of eating can work for just about any person, and with any kind of food diet.

OMAD isn't really popular in my location even in my gym center what people even know a bit about is intermittent fasting though my gym instructor once told me he knows about but haven't been consistent with it. I helped introduced the diet now to the gym and some of my colleagues are already trying it out.

Here in my country they don't know Omad but they know "one meal a day". Very ironic yet so funny too. Anyways, for me that is okay if they don't know Omad as long as they can understand one meal a day. That is the most important. Doing it than just knowing it without practice right?

OMAD is quite very popular in my country because as far as I remember, I have witnessed about 3 seminars held about the importance of OMAD here in my state for the purpose of getting more people to join the diet plans.

It's a growing trend and it's gaining a lot of popularity at the moment.

I don’t think that OMAD is very popular just about anywhere you go. Throughout the entire world, everyone has been taught that the right way to eat is having three square meals a day. If you tell anyone that you’re only going to eat once a day, they’re going to think that you have some sort of psychological problem, and that you’re going to get sick.

OMAD has been trending in certain health and fitness communities, but outside of those communities, it’s a pretty unpopular diet. It’s too different from what most people are used to, and it also requires a lot of self-discipline.

QUOTE="DenisP, post: 12091, member: 521"] If you tell anyone that you’re only going to eat once a day, they’re going to think that you have some sort of psychological problem.[/QUOTE]

This is actually something that is very familiar with most people here who don't know anything about OMAD. There general conception when they hear you are eating only one meal a day is that you aren't financially disposed to eat 3 square meal a day.

This is the reason why there have been a massive campaign to teach people the benefits of eating one meal a day and it has nothing to do with not being able to afford eating 3 times a day.

I think OMAD is popular especially with people that are on keto. This is because OMAD is a quick way to get into ketosis. It is also advertised especially on Youtube videos as a way to loose weight while eating what you want and without exercise and the cheapest way to loose weight without buying expensive low fat foods or supplements. OMAD is not yet that popular but it is quickly gaining ground and more and more people are jumping on to this fantastic band wagon.

Not popular enough, I found out by pure luck about this diet. Afterwards I asked quite a few people about it and no one even knew about it. What was offensive is they thought it's absurd...