How often should a person exercise?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least 30 minutes of exercise every day is enough for the average individual, although if you're looking to lose weight, it will still depend on your diet and how much you want to lose, not to mention if you want to focus your workout on a specific muscle group. Either way, 30 minutes - 1 hour is a good amount of exercise per day.

Some say 3 hours a week but I guess it should be as much as possible. I don't think there should be a fixed amount of time for you to exercise. I guess 20-30 minutes a day is the most common?

It is always advisable that you start small before going big so as not to injure your muscles in the process. If an hour is okay by your fitness level, then it is fine but it is always good that you check out how you improve with those fitness training to avoid muscle pains.

Some say 3 hours a week but I guess it should be as much as possible. I don't think there should be a fixed amount of time for you to exercise. I guess 20-30 minutes a day is the most common?

Doing it 3 hours per week is very little for me as that won't make much as an impact on me. If registering at the gym can do it for my younger brother that was so lean, then it is the best way to follow since the gym instructor will advise you on the best site to take.

I do exercise every day morning. It become my routine. And also it is a discipline for myself too. 2h exercise is really enough for me. If you are beginner you can start your from basic exercise so you will not pressure your body. Good luck.

The doctors tell us that at least 30-60 minutes a week solid exercise, like walking or calisthenics. But I think it would be better if we do it for 5 -10 minutes daily than set aside a day in a week that can probably not be followed. I still walk at least 15 minutes a day and I plan to integrate some tai chi or other oriental slow-paced exercises, either in the evening or early morning.

You should exercise at least for 30 minutes a day, but if you can do more this will not harm you, in fact, it will bring the results faster for you!

I personally think 30 minutes a day is sufficient and should probably show some visible effects after a while. I heard that exercising too much might just make you hungry and make you stray from your one meal a day diet, and while I don't have any scientific research to back that up, I guess I'm just choosing to believe it for now as I have also heard that 30 minutes a day already does wonders in the long term anyway.

Funny enough I was thinking about this question in the morning.Because I live the OMAD lifestyle I don't need to exercise to loose weight, because I can do it without the exercise. However I have decided that I like how exercise makes me feel. It makes me feel happy. It improves my mood and sense of well being tremendously.So i have decide I will take a fun class like zumba or kickboxing to begin with three times a week then when my fitness levels increase I will go to the gym twice a week. That's more then enough for me. So exercise I would argue is relative.

The doctors tell us that at least 30-60 minutes a week solid exercise, like walking or calisthenics. But I think it would be better if we do it for 5 -10 minutes daily than set aside a day in a week that can probably not be followed. I still walk at least 15 minutes a day and I plan to integrate some tai chi or other oriental slow-paced exercises, either in the evening or early morning.

Doing so on a daily basis is going to help one keep track of the events that follow the exercising. One thing that is necessary is that the person is doing what it takes to build up the fitness level which, in my opinion, is not that bad.

Thank you so much for all the information! Will make sure to consider your comments.

I appreciate you as well for taking out time to ask questions about how you are going to train. This particular question and the answers that followed will still be of help to lots of people out there that are still confused on how long they are going to exercise.

Everyday if possible, just to keep your body tiptop at all times. Do 10 minute exercises and you'll definitely feel a lot better throughout the day.

For me, exercise should be a daily routine because it gives the body the energy to face the daily grind. That is the reason that makes me sad because I am skipping my daily exercise due to my early work schedule in the office. My daily exercise is around 3 to 5 minutes but during weekends when I have more time, I exercise for 10 minutes. Before the injury on my leg, I was biking around our village on weekend mornings.

30 min. to 1 hour is a good choice but you should make it a habit. Some people workout once a week but they spend hour because they are aiming for muscles. But if its for health purposes then at least one hour exercise is enough.

I think you should consult an expert for that. Becuase normally exercise should take at least 20-30 mins a day. But this is only applied for people like me, who needs to sweat up some fats. People's vitality, stamina and endurance are not the same. So you should know your bracket.

I think this should depend on your body type and your goal. What type of exercise are you doing? What is your goal? You want to lose weight? How much? You want to tone?. You should ask yourself these questions. My friend said that 3x a week for an hour is good.

I do a 30 min run daily, it's my way of keeping myself healthy. I think it depends on what is suitable for your schedule and your body. Just as long as you a regular exercise i think it's beneficial.

Well it really depends on what kind of activity are you going to do and what are your goals in doing it? There's also a guideline in OMAD not to overexert yourself while doing the diet. I think a 20 minute low impact exercise during OMAD is just right.

Status
Not open for further replies.