How long should I be doing OMAD Keto?

This totally depends on what you are wanting to achieve with intermittent fasting and one meal per day. If you only want to lose a few lbs and then maintain that new weight, you can change to either a longer eating window, or allowing more foods in the eating window (or both), and do what works for you to maintain that weight.

Even though most of us stumble across the OMAD diet because we want to lose weight, there are so many superb health benefits that a whole lot of people eat this way just because they want their mind clear and their body as healthy as possible.
There are also some anti-aging benefits from eating only once a day, so this is actually a way of eating that some people will do indefinitely.
It really is up to each person.

For me, I am as excited and hopeful about the health benefits and anti-aging possibilities as I am about just losing the extra weight; so for me, this is going to be a lifetime eating plan, and modified as I need to for the most health benefits.

This totally depends on what you are wanting to achieve with intermittent fasting and one meal per day. If you only want to lose a few lbs and then maintain that new weight, you can change to either a longer eating window, or allowing more foods in the eating window (or both), and do what works for you to maintain that weight.

Even though most of us stumble across the OMAD diet because we want to lose weight, there are so many superb health benefits that a whole lot of people eat this way just because they want their mind clear and their body as healthy as possible.
There are also some anti-aging benefits from eating only once a day, so this is actually a way of eating that some people will do indefinitely.
It really is up to each person.

For me, I am as excited and hopeful about the health benefits and anti-aging possibilities as I am about just losing the extra weight; so for me, this is going to be a lifetime eating plan, and modified as I need to for the most health benefits.
This is my second time doing OMAD, the first time was more than a month ago and I struggled at first but I lasted 2 weeks plus and the results where great, i lost a lot of pounds. After I stopped I gained half the pounds I lost and now I'm doing OMAD Keto and I already lost 3 pounds in a week's time. I eat a lot of pork and I stopped eating rice, which is our staple food. I guess I'll continue it for another week. One supplement that I drink daily is fresh turmeric and ginger tea.

My plan for OMAD is to continue doing it until I reach my objective for the amount of weight that I wanted to lose. Right now I don’t have the number although I used to weigh a skinny 120 pounds but maybe 140 pounds will be fine. Anyway, perhaps I will quit OMAD when I get to that desired weight but I will continue skipping dinner.

I'm still work in progress when it comes to OMAD, I'm trying to make this a lifestyle so long it isn't hurting me in anyway and I'm seeing positive results then I will be doing it for a very long time.it wasn't easy to for me initially but I was determined to work it out and I'm almost used to i now.

I'm thinking leaving it again and trying to return later might not be easy again so why don't I just continue and just make it a way of life to derived all the benefits herein.

Everything depends on your goals. It's what you are looking at before starting OMAD that would decide how long you should continue with it or stop when you have realized your objective.

It’s all going to depend on your weight loss goals. Some people do it in order to shred a couple of pounds, others actually turn it into a lifestyle. While I can see myself turning OMAD into a lifestyle, I don’t really think that I’d be able to maintain OMAD and keto. The fact is there are just too many foods that aren’t keto friendly, and I absolutely adore. I grew up on foods like pasta, bread, chocolate, and potato chips, so throwing them out forever just isn’t an option for me.

Sure I’m going to limit my intake so as to stay healthy, but ain’t no way I’m getting rid of them entirely.

I believe that it depends on how much weight you really want lose. If you already achieve what you want, you may stop OMAD already but still control your meal so that you won't gain the weight that you just lose. Or if you would like, you can do OMAD every other week so that you can still keep on track your diet.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J How long should you do omad? General Discussion 6
JeffR Working out for long hours Exercise & Training 3
MegX28 How long have you been into fitness? Exercise & Training 1
MegX28 How long have you been dieting and exercising? General Discussion 3
huggypillows How long you are doing omad? General Discussion 1
Corzhens How long do I need for my body to adjust to OMAD? General Discussion 11
huggypillows How long your doing OMAD? General Discussion 6
Kakashi2020 How long can I workout? Exercise & Training 17
EfficientNinja How long have you been following the One Meal A Day Diet? Share your Progress 6
Annejk18 Whose practicing OMAD? How Long? General Discussion 0
L I know I'm not truly fasting for 24 hours, but.....what about the long haul General Discussion 10
Sarah How long has everyone been doing the omad diet? General Discussion 21
L Should I cut out diet pop? Liquids 5
Kyle Should you do omad for life or do it temporarily? General Discussion 6
Devin77 How often should you workout while on omad? Exercise & Training 2
Amanda sellers Should you take all supplements during your one meal? Supplements 7
C How many calories should I be eating on Omad? General Discussion 10
F I'm A 207 lb, 14 Year Old Male, What Should My Macros Be/How Do I Get Them In? General Discussion 8
F How much food should we eat for the one meal ? General Discussion 4
Jimmy Swartz Artificial Sweeteners on the Omad Diet – Should You Use Them? Omaddiet.com articles 1
Meshack Bwoyele Keya Should Children Be Introduced To Omad? General Discussion 22
Meshack Bwoyele Keya How Should You Break The Intermittent Fasting? General Discussion 28
Jimmy Swartz Should You Tell Others About The Omad Diet? Omaddiet.com articles 24
I Should i include a strategic snack on omad? General Discussion 17
R How often should a person exercise? Exercise & Training 37
Jimmy Swartz Cheat Days On The Omad Diet - Should You Do Them? Omaddiet.com articles 20
S Which Routine should I use? Exercise & Training 22
C Doctor prescribed Medication..What should I do? General Discussion 17
L Should I try Omad Cold Turkey? Or work into it? General Discussion 21
T Should I be worried? General Discussion 5
Tyler182 Doing a week fast with just one meal General Discussion 2
JeffR The most you've weighed before doing omad General Discussion 3
Kyle Doing Omad while pregnant? General Discussion 1
MegX28 Anyone use Sodastream while doing Omad? Liquids 3
MegX28 Everyone is doing omad these days General Discussion 1
A Wanting to start doing OMAD once again! General Discussion 4
K Am I doing this OMAD diet right? General Discussion 3
O Hi guys, been doing OMAD for 2 years now, down about 80lbs. General Discussion 1
Coco Sunshine Whats the best way of doing OMAD to achieve Weight loss General Discussion 6
Corzhens Doing OMAD every other day General Discussion 4
huggypillows Do you have bad experience while doing OMAD? General Discussion 6
huggypillows First week doing Omad? General Discussion 15
Kakashi2020 When not doing OMAD, what is your favorite snack? General Discussion 14
huggypillows What motivate you doing OMAD ?? General Discussion 27
Kakashi2020 How many cups of coffee can I drink while doing OMAD? Liquids 8
Kakashi2020 Is doing a lot of crunches while on OMAD okay? Exercise & Training 5
Kakashi2020 Do I need to exercise or lift weights while doing OMAD? Exercise & Training 18
I Would I benefit from doing omad once a week? General Discussion 18
puregrace What Exercises are you doing daily? Exercise & Training 57
Jackie Looking to purchase my first treadmill while doing omad Exercise & Training 2