How long has everyone been doing the omad diet?

Hello!

I just started the omad Diet and was curious to hear some other stories on how long people have been doing the omad diet.

I've been doing Omad for about 4 months now. I've had some times when I've drifted off for a few days, but I have mostly kept the course. I've lost about 20 pounds already, so it does work.

I just started about a month ago. The first week was the hardest. I really had to keep myself busy to keep my mind off eating. It has gotten easier though.

I just finished one full week today. I am down 5.3 lbs. I have so much clarity and calmness. I wanted to keep in touch with others doing this. I have never felt this good on any diet before. I have about 70 lbs. to lose and plan on doing this the rest of my life. I eat my one meal at dinner.

Last edited:
I just finished one full week today. I am down 5.3 lbs. I have so much clarity and calmness. I wanted to keep in touch with others doing this. I have never felt this good on any diet before. I have about 70 lbs. to lose and plan on doing this the rest of my life. I eat my one meal at dinner.

For your meal at dinner, do you try to make the plate healthy or just eat whatever you feel like?

Hi Teresa, I have been doing both. I started out eating whatever I wanted and then I noticed by day 4 I wanted to pick healthier foods. Like today I took my Mom out after getting her taxes done to this restaurant that makes homemade pot pies. I ate the whole thing. It was about 800 calories, but it consisted of chicken, veggies with a wonderful crust. I have been keeping my calories between 758 to 1300 calories my first week and I am down 6 lbs. The one thing I like about this is I feel calmer, no more brain fog. So I know this way of eating is right for me. I am on day 8 today. Are you doing it too?

Hi John, wow 4 months that was great progress. I am so excited about this. I actually feel more in control. At work I am not hungry. I drink hot tea and water during the day. Hi Sarah are you trying this?

Hi John, wow 4 months that was great progress. I am so excited about this. I actually feel more in control. At work I am not hungry. I drink hot tea and water during the day. Hi Sarah are you trying this?

I love this diet! I've been through so many diets over the years. My husband tells me how much of a positive change he has noticed in me since doing Omad. He's been inspired by me and he told me the other day we wants to do with me as well! I love this because it will be so much easier long term to have my partner doing the same thing.

Sarah that is great to have someone do it with you. That definitely makes it easier. I feel lucky because my husband and kids are so supportive of me and are clapping along with each pound I lose.

Sarah that is great to have someone do it with you. That definitely makes it easier. I feel lucky because my husband and kids are so supportive of me and are clapping along with each pound I lose.

I totally agree. Having a support system makes it so much easier. My kids have been wonderful.

I've been doing it for a few weeks now. I have to admit. It was somewhat difficult at first. Adjusting takes time but seeing the results, it's definitely worth it.

Hello!

I just started the omad Diet and was curious to hear some other stories on how long people have been doing the omad diet.

I just started also ive been in OMAD in 2 weeks now. I started losing weight but not too much. Im still adjusting to the new diet but i feel great in this new diet.

I have been on this for about 40 days now and I'm glad that the routine isn't in vain because I'm seeing changes and I'm almost addicted to it because it really helpful if one is on a weight loss journey like me.

I've been doing it for more than a month now but I do it only 3 days in a week, during Tuesdays Thursday and Friday, I pig out on Sat and Sun.

I started dieting November 2017, but I started it slowly just reducing my portions and reduced calories in general, then by December 2017, I started just eating 3 meals a day with less calories. I started full OMAD by January 2018, with cheat weekends (where I eat 3 x a day). By Feb, I was only doing cheat Sundays. Then I went full OMAD with no cheat days from March-April, and by May I already reached my target weight goal for my body and look, so I've been gradually going back to regular schedule for eating but still with a certain calorie restriction and regular exercise to maintain my weight, and I've stayed at 75kgs (BMI of 22.9) for 2 months now.

I initially had my first OMAD experience back in 2013 when I was in college. It was actually unintentional, as I was eating one meal a day simply because I didn't have the time to eat more often. Coincidentally, it was also the period in my life where I happened to be the most fit I've ever been.

Since then, I've been doing it on and off, intentionally, whenever I find that I need to start managing my weight. Recently I've gotten back on the horse, and I think I'm going to try and make it a mostly permanent part of my lifestyle.

It's just hard when you live with family members who think you're being weird and unhealthy only eating once a day.

Ive been doing this for 4months but not everyday maybe twice a week. Since I'm working. So my progress is kinda slow. Maybe I'm gonna focus to this one. After my class and my semi break this coming month of august.

I've been doing this for nearly 9 months now. I feel proud of myself to be able to survive this and still continuing with a progress until now.

I'm still not doing this, but I'm on the process, right now, I only have two meals a day, and hopefully, to make it the one meal a day maybe sooner.

I am on my fourth week now. This diet is working well with me. I don't feel miserable with the idea of dieting. My problem is I am too lazy to exercise. That's why I don't really feel that I am losing much weight. I look forward to be inspired to exercise by the posts I read in this forum.