How long can I workout?

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the OMAD Guidelines one should exercise only for an hour. Since the body is in a fasted state, it would burn energy quite fast and doing prolonged workout may cause dizziness and fainting.

One hour is actually too long for a day's exercise. I have seen 7-minute workouts daily and they are effective. The important thing us we exercise/move our bodies daily if possible. The long work-outs pale in comparison to the short daily exercises of 5-10 minute duration. Spaced out routine is better than a one-shot deal.

I personally feel that one hour is reaching the upper limit, especially if you're doing constant and intensive exercises. Most people who are on regular diets, or even supplementing with things such as protein shakes, don't work out for longer than one hour. The exceptions to this are professional athletes, but somehow I feel there's not a lot of those here.

The doctor recommended amount is 30-40 minutes of daily exercise for the average person, so that is the number I prefer to stick to no matter what diet I'm on. I also have personally found that after the 40 minute mark, my performance starts to severely drop anyway.

It really depends on what type of work out a person does on their routine and the type of body they have. During OMAD I personally do an hour or two hours if miss my daily routine and I don't feel anything bad after. I have an average body type to begin with. I guess maybe an hour exercise would be great for all.

I only do 40 minute work out a day. That's what my nutritionists recommended me since I'm doing OMAD. Probably you can do more than that. People's vitality are different.

I think it depends on your own body. Your body will tell you how long you can do your workout routines. While you are doing OMAD diet, you get lesser energy so your exercise hour is also affected. If your body feels tired, just rest. Do not push yourself to the limit. If you do push yourself on its limit you might end up really starving and ruin your OMAD diet. Or worst, your body might give up and you will be hospitalized. Just do what your body can do.

I think it depends on the workout routine, extensive work out will definitely burn energy faster so it may not take an hour. I think running is a wise idea, it gives you an overall work out without loosing too much energy

I don't really bother about time I do more if I can and less if my body isn't responding to it.I think we shouldn't workout to the point of dizziness that could be dangerous and an indication that the body is not cooperating with such.

It's better to work out in small chunks of time daily than have the workout just once and in larger amounts of time. So it can be just 15 -20 minutes daily than having it full 2 hours once a week. The body is not "shocked" if it's done on a daily basis too. Walking a flight of stairs is also better than taking the lift. Deep breathing exercises before going to sleep is also a good one.

One hour is actually too long for a day's exercise. I have seen 7-minute workouts daily and they are effective. The important thing us we exercise/move our bodies daily if possible. The long work-outs pale in comparison to the short daily exercises of 5-10 minute duration. Spaced out routine is better than a one-shot deal.
Yes, workout duration is only 5-10 minutes. If you are working out for about an hour non-stop, you will suffer some injuries if you are not strong enough. Try working out as fast as you can. Rest periods between workout should be just 30 seconds to 1 minute only.

I believe that it depends upon your lifestyle. Since I am working as a teacher for 8 hrs (and more) a day, I'm having a hard time to exercise. That's why instead of having workout routines, I do walking, dancing, hiking, and biking whenever I have time. But I don't have fixed schedule for exercising.

Before I forget though, I used to do stationary biking set at the lowest level 1 or 2 where you don't exert any effort at all while pedalling. I like this workout because you start out without any effort and it goes on for about 15 minutes and before you know it, you are beginning to perspire a lot. Even cardio doctors I remember advised this kind of exercise because it's low impact and gentle on your body. Walking does the same thing too.

I work out 30 minutes per day and I think it's already enough for what my body needs and I don't feel completely tired when exercising.

My usual exercise is just 5 minutes or so but I am planning to do a little workout of about 30 minutes on weekends when I go on OMAD because I had read that exercise is a big part of OMAD because you will feel weaker if you go hungry without even doing exercise. Maybe my planned 30 minutes will be enough for me because I have a problem with my calf that it cannot withstand a long workout especially of running and walking.

A one hour long exercise would be a too long when you are doing an intense workout. For my exercise, it would probably last for 30 to 45 minutes in day. When I'm in the mood I'll probably go for a one hour run in the afternoon.

Due to a busy day, I usually exercise 10-15 minutes in the morning every weekday. Since I'm off every weekend, I take this as an opportunity to exercise longer which is one to one and half an hour. A short but regular workout is better than a long but inconsistent exercise.

For me you should work out for 30 minutes rest time not included so approx. 45 minutes. Our body should work out for too long and without rest because it could make you so tired throughout the day

I have one which is ahorter than an hour but longer than seven minutes. It ranges from 15-30 minutes actually. What happens is that some days I engage in various exercises that I do not do everyday. Depending on the part I am working out I can also have more reps to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.