Home gym or go to the gym?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which do you feel more confident at? Do you prefer a home gym or would you rather go to the gym? I signed up for a gym but I’m more embarrassed to go?

My high school chum is manager of a classy gym located in a big mall. She had been offering me a discount card for membership but I always declined. Their gym has glass panels so you can see from the outside those guys who are doing their work out. My friend said that the glass panel gives their clients a sense of pride. Just like showing off huh. Anyway, I don't feel comfortable in doing a workout where people can see me. I would rather do my exercise at home. At least I feel comfortable and I could concentrate on the workout.

I like home gym but I am lacking of tools so I find it hard to exercise with those tools present in gyms instead I just do home workouts and zumba. I think I don't have to go to gym. I can also do jogging at cemetery since a lot of folks there doing their run exercise. There are a lot of ways to do in home exercise as long you'll not be lazy.

I don't have a gym at home would love to gym in the house but I'm yet to set that up but for now I will be using the gym outside the home.

To be honest I prefer to work ou my body to a gym because there my trainer helps me out to make the right exercises for my body, still, I am working my body at home too.

I don't have equipments at home so I rather going in the gym. Besides, in the gym there are trainors who can assist me.

If only I have the complete equipments at home, I will feel more comfortable working out in my own house. As regards to the instructors at the gym which is better if you have one, but then you don't feel comfortable working out with the people around you, you can search them on youtube. There are videos for the proper instructions while working out.

There are advantages and disadvantages for both choices. In going to the gym, it'll take much preps but once you're there more focus and structure to your exercises in terms of time and progresson. At home, there may be too many distractions but it can be quite cheap and more convenient. I haven't been to the gym for decades now because I usually take long walks for my exercise.

I am a person who is busy all the time so I don't have the time to go to a gym. I prefer exercising at my home. I prefer doing push-ups and sit-ups at home than lifting weights. It seems to be effective on my body as I am having some muscles.

I am the type of person who prefers to do enjoying activities instead of exercising. I mean I'm into dancing, walking, running, biking, and hiking. These activities help me burn fats and it's very enjoyable at the same time.

Well i prefer the comfort of home if i have all the equipment i need. But there are instances that is more wise to go to the gym specially when you are a beginner. One reason and professional help and safety features.

I prefer working out in home gym. Why?These are the benefits below:

1. no membership fee
2. you have no distractions unlike in the gym where people might talk to you,and take your time talking to them
3. whatever the weather is you can do your workout when you are at home.
4. no traffic
5.not waste of time
6.you can start your workout anytime
7.you are not hesitant to lift light weight dumbells for the beginners
8. save time and money

I also had the issue of interacting with other people in the gym especially when i was still out of shape, so I just worked out at home, eventually bought some weights to use myself when at home and it really helped me achieve results without having to deal with other people in the gym.

It's good for me to choose gym at home because I can handle my time doing exercising with my kids ,there watching what am I doing.I love to see that they also have fun doing gym at home together we have some bonding time.

Some of us don't really have that much confidence in interacting with other people, specially when going to the gym. I also prefer home gym because it is the place where I feel the most comfortable. I don't have any gym equipment at home but I can always look for any alternatives. If you wanted to look for the proper work our routine, you can search the online and on Youtube if you wanted videos.

There are also a lot of advantages in working out at home. First, you can save more by just staying at home. No need to spend money for gym fees and transportation (if you're a commuter). And if you're a parent like me, you can do multitasking as well. You can work-out while watching the kids too! I'm the type of person who doesn't want to leave the house very often that's why I prefer home gym.

I also signed up for a gym training and as I could remember, I only completed around 2months of the training. But prior to that, I also do exercising at home in which I have an app that helps me to exercise by providing different sets everyday. As I compared the results, I lose more weight after I went to the gym, and I saw the progress on my body. But yes, I also felt shy at first because I don't know anything about that, good thing that I had a trainor, but when I get used to it, my feeling of being shy will diminish. I will suggest you to bring some of your friends with you to the gym so that you won't feel shy anymore and that could help you be more comfortable on your gym.

I prefer to workout at home than going to the gym. I am able to do freely what I want and it saves me time and money since I do not spend on transportation and it does not consume time on going to the gym.

I can see benefits to working out at an actual gym as I can also use that time to be with like minded people and even socialize and also having trainers can also be very helpful. However, these days I'm very particular about my routines and the equipment I use so if I can control that as much as possible by having a gym at home I think I'd just choose it instead. Also I prefer working out where there is no air conditioning as that really feels weird to me so doing exercises at home where I can control the climate is preferable.

As an introvert, I prefer exercising at home because I don't want to interact with people while I am working out. Also, at home, I don't have to think about what I wear. I can wear whatever I want too.

I prefer working out in home gym. Why?These are the benefits below:

1. no membership fee
2. you have no distractions unlike in the gym where people might talk to you,and take your time talking to them
3. whatever the weather is you can do your workout when you are at home.
4. no traffic
5.not waste of time
6.you can start your workout anytime
7.you are not hesitant to lift light weight dumbells for the beginners
8. save time and money

I agree with you. Doing work outs at home is fine as long as you really strive hard to lose weight. All the things you mentioned were right. You don't have to pay for membership which can be a waste of money especially if you stop and back again to being obese. I already tried going to gym before and I lose weight but I stopped it and I gain even more weight than before so exercising at home is more preferable for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.