Holding yourself accountable on the omad diet

Hello Peer OMAD Community!

I wanted to write this out for 2 reasons.....
1. To keep myself accountable and have something to refer back to when things get TOUGH (work lunches, weekends with the kids, etc, etc, etc)
2. I WISH I had something like this to read last time I did this. But there just isn't enough paper (or support) on the topic. SO SO much negativity.... But at the end of the day its about choice and what works for YOU (and ME!)

First, a little about myself. I am 34 years old, HAPPILY married, mother of 3 babies (13, 3 & 10mo) and just plain FAT. I am loved, but unhappy about my personal appearance. Everything from the cottage cheese on my booty to the 17 thousand rolls of my stomach, to the fact that I cant link my hands around my legs. I am so tired of saying/seeing I weigh 220lbs (5'5'') and hearing 'but you carry it so well', or 'you would never guess'. Really??? I can barely buckle my belt and none of my clothes fit. YOU know I am fat, just as much as I do! But sigh.... that's just not how realty works.

I lived an OMAD lifestyle about 10 years ago when there wasn't a known name for it. I had recently quit smoking for the 3rd and final time and was in the throws of ending a long-term relationship that wasn't for me. I don't remember starting it.... but I remember DOING it. I easily turned down lunch offers and remember coming home and cooking for my kid and just plain NOT being hungry. Because after a little while, it wasn't hard... it was just MY LIFE. THEN, I started craving better/healthier foods. I miss that, I really do.... and I hope I can get back to that. In my last journey I had gone from about 215 down to 165 in a course of 6 months. 50 pounds in 6 months, totally not kidding! I remember being sluggish and slow (like now), exhausted if I tried anything active.... and then towards the end, I had the energy to workout and I did it regularly. I remember the clothes - they were HOT. and most of all, I remember being HAPPY with MYSELF.

Fast forward to now... I could give you every excuse under the sun about how I ended back up to square 1, but the bottom line is I am here.... In my story, I had a spinal fusion, I found a great man, I had 2 more babies and I LOVE to drink (lets be real, most of us do). But at the end of the day - I am fat and unhappy again and ready to re-venture into my own personal OMAD Journey. I tried it a few months ago, but didn't commit. I did my up/down yo-yo that we all see - but ultimately gave up when the holidays rolled around (excuse, excuse, excuse).

But now I feel I am truly ready for giving it another GO, Just started day 1 and HOPE I can see a secondary success (Pretty girl, party of 1 - here I come).

So I welcome my challenges, I know the 1st week is ALWAYS the worst. I look forward to a ton of Coffee, a ton of Water, having to pee every 5 seconds, and looking forward to what I am going to make for dinner every night. I already know that tonight is Grilled Cheese with Bacon and a side of Garlic Broccoli (my kids are gonna LOVE ME tonight). And honestly, for me... looking forward to my dinner makes it easier than regretting what I am not eating right NOW. (PS, I choose dinner because I can skip breakfast and lunch, still make things for my kids - but we sit down every night as a family and have dinner. I can't skip that without giving up my family time - which is WAY too important to me).

Sorry for the long read - I think I am done now :) If you are starting this, or thinking about this.... just remember you CAN do this. Iron willpower only comes into play in the beginning. You can to ANYTHING you set your mind too. Even if its not mainstream. All that matters is it works for YOU! I know it works for ME and I know it will work for ME, AGAIN!

Good Luck on your Journey!!!

Carrie Campbell

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the Community Forums @Athena1284! We are very happy to have you here! Thank you so much for documenting your journey! I look forward to reading your progress and you achieving all your goals that you have set for the future. The 1st week certainly is the toughest(as you mentioned) but it only will get easier as time goes on with your mind and body making the adjustments. You have the right attitude to succeed with the omad diet and I can tell you are ready for this! :)

What an amazing story, @Athena1284 , and welcome to the OMAD diet forum ! I am glad that you found us, and that you shared your story here.
There is a section of the forum for journals, if you like doing that, or even for just checking into it every now and then, and if you don’t see a topic that you want to discuss, then by all means, start a new thread about it.
There is also a facebook group that goes with this website, and you can join by going to the main page of this website, and scrolling down the page until you see the little icons for Facebook and Twitter, etc.
I can really relate to the starting over, and over again. Sometimes, that is what it takes, and I think that for me, the main thing is to just keep going, because this is the best lifestyle for me to lose the excess weight and get back into those tight-fitting jeans again .

I usually have a large salad as part of my OMAD meal. The salad greens are important nutrients, and it always makes me feel like I have had a substantial meal, but it doesn’t add a lot of calories. I usually add some sort of protein food, like cottage cheese, tuna, or even red kidney beans.
Today, I was thinking that I have not had any French dressing for a long time, so I made a pint of fresh homemade French dressing and that is what I used on my salad with tomatoes and cottage cheese, and frozen (thawed out) peas.
One thing that helps me , is using a fasting app.
I use one called LIFE (L-IF-E,for intermittent fasting), and that helps me to track when I ate last and when I can eat the next day.

Thanks for reaching out! I appreciate the tips, but I don't do social media. Lost too much of a personal touch with relationships. But I love the app idea, I will look into that for sure.
My first day was fantastic. My second day, I wanted to eat cardboard and then we had fresh HOT cookies delivered to the office... I failed, ate 2 cookies. but MAN they were good. Day 3 was great and day 4 is going well. :) So so far, so good in my journey :):)

I read that hunger pangs come and go, and are not just always there, and I have actually noticed that is true for me. Sometimes when I am swimming, and I am thinking about what I am going to make for my lunch when I get home, then my tummy is growling at me for food.
A little while later, I will be thinking about something totally different, and then I notice that I do not feel hungry at all. I think that it helps to not think about food, because then our tummy starts making the digestive enzymes and getting ready for food to arrive.

Don’t worry about the cookies, this is a new life change, and it is not going to happen overnight, or all at once. There are days when I do good and days when I don’t, but each new day is a brand new day to do OMAD. As long as you don’t quit and give up, nothing is a failure.

Hello Peer OMAD Community!

I wanted to write this out for 2 reasons.....
1. To keep myself accountable and have something to refer back to when things get TOUGH (work lunches, weekends with the kids, etc, etc, etc)
2. I WISH I had something like this to read last time I did this. But there just isn't enough paper (or support) on the topic. SO SO much negativity.... But at the end of the day its about choice and what works for YOU (and ME!)

First, a little about myself. I am 34 years old, HAPPILY married, mother of 3 babies (13, 3 & 10mo) and just plain FAT. I am loved, but unhappy about my personal appearance. Everything from the cottage cheese on my booty to the 17 thousand rolls of my stomach, to the fact that I cant link my hands around my legs. I am so tired of saying/seeing I weigh 220lbs (5'5'') and hearing 'but you carry it so well', or 'you would never guess'. Really??? I can barely buckle my belt and none of my clothes fit. YOU know I am fat, just as much as I do! But sigh.... that's just not how realty works.

I lived an OMAD lifestyle about 10 years ago when there wasn't a known name for it. I had recently quit smoking for the 3rd and final time and was in the throws of ending a long-term relationship that wasn't for me. I don't remember starting it.... but I remember DOING it. I easily turned down lunch offers and remember coming home and cooking for my kid and just plain NOT being hungry. Because after a little while, it wasn't hard... it was just MY LIFE. THEN, I started craving better/healthier foods. I miss that, I really do.... and I hope I can get back to that. In my last journey I had gone from about 215 down to 165 in a course of 6 months. 50 pounds in 6 months, totally not kidding! I remember being sluggish and slow (like now), exhausted if I tried anything active.... and then towards the end, I had the energy to workout and I did it regularly. I remember the clothes - they were HOT. and most of all, I remember being HAPPY with MYSELF.

Fast forward to now... I could give you every excuse under the sun about how I ended back up to square 1, but the bottom line is I am here.... In my story, I had a spinal fusion, I found a great man, I had 2 more babies and I LOVE to drink (lets be real, most of us do). But at the end of the day - I am fat and unhappy again and ready to re-venture into my own personal OMAD Journey. I tried it a few months ago, but didn't commit. I did my up/down yo-yo that we all see - but ultimately gave up when the holidays rolled around (excuse, excuse, excuse).

But now I feel I am truly ready for giving it another GO, Just started day 1 and HOPE I can see a secondary success (Pretty girl, party of 1 - here I come).

So I welcome my challenges, I know the 1st week is ALWAYS the worst. I look forward to a ton of Coffee, a ton of Water, having to pee every 5 seconds, and looking forward to what I am going to make for dinner every night. I already know that tonight is Grilled Cheese with Bacon and a side of Garlic Broccoli (my kids are gonna LOVE ME tonight). And honestly, for me... looking forward to my dinner makes it easier than regretting what I am not eating right NOW. (PS, I choose dinner because I can skip breakfast and lunch, still make things for my kids - but we sit down every night as a family and have dinner. I can't skip that without giving up my family time - which is WAY too important to me).

Sorry for the long read - I think I am done now :) If you are starting this, or thinking about this.... just remember you CAN do this. Iron willpower only comes into play in the beginning. You can to ANYTHING you set your mind too. Even if its not mainstream. All that matters is it works for YOU! I know it works for ME and I know it will work for ME, AGAIN!

Good Luck on your Journey!!!

Carrie Campbell
Hi Carrie, I'm just starting today, never tried it before. How are you getting on?

Hi Carrie, I'm just starting today, never tried it before. How are you getting on?
Hello, @Katyog , and welcome to the OMAD diet forum !
I think that you will find that the OMAD way of eating is one of the best choices that you have made, as regards to eating food and losing weight. This is because OMAD does not restrict you from eating ANY food, it only helps to retrain our eating habits so that we eat less food, and eat less often.
Our body adjusts to the new way of eating, nad we are not continuously producing insulin (which makes us hungry).
On the main page of this website is Jimmy’s blog posts, and they will pretty much answer any and all questions you have about getting started with OMAD, when/how/what to eat, and which foods are helpful to give you better health .
There is also a Facebook group, and if you scroll down the main website, you will find the icons for social media, so you can join the Facebook group, or follow us on Twitter.