Hi. I'm going to start tomorrow!

I am starting tomorrow. I have done alternate day fasting in the past and was pretty successful. I am looking to do OMAD now because I like the idea of eating every day. I may throw in some alternate days here and there, but right now I don't want to put too much on myself. Im pretty excited to have found this forum.

I was going to do alternate day, but it made me feel so good I kept going. Just drink your water, coffee and take walks when get hungry, it’ll pass. Good luck! :p

Best of luck to you! I'm finishing up day 6 and I feel great so far physically and mentally. I tried talking to a friend about it and was told it was too soon to notice any real changes. I don't believe that. Besides, even if some of it is just in my head, that doesn't change how good I'm feeling. So I was happy to find this forum too. I have a serious lack of support from family and friends when it comes to making any kind of changes for the better.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome czymom! We are excited to have you here as well! You have the right mindset starting off by not putting too much on yourself. It's always best to ease into it before you start making any changes.

Thanks for your replies and support! I am a hard core dieter, haha. But really, I used to weigh 250+ and was heavy, (over 200) for around 20 years of my life. In 2012 I lost 80+ pounds. I've gone up and down 20-30 pounds since. I am trying to get down to my best weight which is 150ish. I work out hard and have a good amount of muscle on me. I am currently 180ish and wear a size 10...however, the 10s are getting pretty snug on me. My comfy size is a loose 8. So there you have it. Thanks for letting me ramble.

And today....so far so good. Coffee this morning and now just water. Here's my deal with coffee. Coffee is life. I hate sweet coffee. I love coffee with a little bit of cream. So what I've decided to do for the next few days is to finish off my Almond Milk creamer and then go to black coffee (again). I am good with black coffee - I just want to finish off my creamer. I use 2 TBS daily and it is zero carb and 20 calories and I'm thinking 4 or 5 grams of fat.

I am starting tomorrow. I have done alternate day fasting in the past and was pretty successful. I am looking to do OMAD now because I like the idea of eating every day. I may throw in some alternate days here and there, but right now I don't want to put too much on myself. Im pretty excited to have found this forum.

Welcome! You will love Omad!

I stayed on target for OMAD the past two days. I've weighed and you'd be really amazed at my results, though I know me, so I'm extremely happy, but not in awe. Haha. I am down 7 pounds! However, I tend to retain a ton of water at times and I knew when I weighed, I was retaining. So even if it was 100% water, Im pretty happy for that.

I've counted my calories and stayed strict with a clean fast other than the 20 cal. or almond creamer I've used in my coffee - only until I finish it and then I'm back to black. So happy I chose to get back to this. We even went to the movies last night and the hubby had candy and I stayed on my fast.

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats czymom! Happy to hear things are going well for you and that you staying disciplined. Never stop until you reach your goal!

Congrats czymom! Happy to hear things are going well for you and that you staying disciplined. Never stop until you reach your goal!

Thank you!
So yesterday I had mexican food and pretzels and more sodium than normal so I'm up 2 pounds today. I wanted so bad to eat some junk food after I closed my window, but I stayed strong! Im not mad about that weight gain, I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow or the next couple days.

Thank you!
So yesterday I had mexican food and pretzels and more sodium than normal so I'm up 2 pounds today. I wanted so bad to eat some junk food after I closed my window, but I stayed strong! Im not mad about that weight gain, I'm sure it'll be gone tomorrow or the next couple days.
Hi czymom, we are in the same situation. I was having my monthly cravings and made homemade pizza. I am sure the sodium intake will have the scale showing an increase as it has happened before when I've eaten salty, carby food and not drank enough water. After a couple of days, it should normalize. I'm going to weigh myself at the gym this evening so I'll keep you posted. My craving for chocolate lasted after my window as well but I told myself "nope" if I want it tomorrow (which is today), I'll eat it then.

My OMAD lasted an hour and 15 minutes though yesterday.