Hi , I am new on this Forum

Hey Guys and OMAD followers,
I am Maz from Australia and i am doing Intermittent Fasting from last 6 months. When i started it was 16:8 , then 19:5 later 22:2 and now 23:1 which mean just one meal a day in one hour.
Usually i start eating at 2pm and end at 3pm. I eat all home made food . NO JUNK FOOD ( as i think you are abusing the law of Intermittent Fasting having Junk) . I have Black Coffee every morning.

I am stuck between 2 things
1. Taking Carbs or not.
Well some said take less than 30%. Some said take it as much you want per don't over dose. Well i use to take 3- 4 slices of Bread in my meal otherwise it become tough for me. Need more info what should i do.

2. The amount of Calories.
Well i read' your plate size is 11inch so eat what comes in and STOP. Now if i use that plate twice or take 2 different courses in 1 hour .Will am out of OMAD ?

thanks and Good luck

As long as you are following the 4 ones rule you will be fine. One meal a day is not about counting calories or worrying about what food you are eating. I would try to eat healthy, but I lost a lot of weight and didn't watch any calories or carbs.

To me, bread is junk food. It turns to sugar already in the mouth. Aren't there other carbs, like brown rice (much more slow burning- lasts way longer) or others like oatmeal etc? They don't spike the insulin like white bread does.
I tried to do the OMAD diet years ago but couldn't continue due to migraines and mood swings- but this time had no problem as I've been eating mostly whole foods and unprocessed foods (especially bread). With my meal, I do have an occasional grilled meat and cheese sandwich on glutein free bread- but figure with the fat from the butter on the bread and the fat from the cheese and all the protein on it from the meat, that it will make up for the bread since those things are slow burning, and don't spike the insulin, it will stick a lot longer.