Here I am...

Hi Guys,
So today is day 3 of my serious OMAD journey. It is alot easier than what I thought initially.
For my one meal, I try to keep it healthy and low carb by mostly eating meat and vegetables. In my mind, if you only eat once a day you should be able to indulge in something nice. So I tend to stuff myself with almost everything when the window opens. I realise this is not the way to go for results.

Is it ok to have my meal (meat and vegetables and occasionally pasta or a burger) and then to have my desert as fresh fruit and double cream yoghurt instead of biscuits etc?

How much cream would be acceptable in my coffee during the day?

You guys are doing great work - thank you

Welcome to the forum, I hope you're alresdy moving smoothly with the community. Looking for a place to learn promptly about weight loss,then you're in the right place. You can eat your veggie but in moderation and make it once s day.

It sounds like you have been reading the information on the main website, and are off to a flying start with the OMAD program, @Janine , and that is awesome news !
What I personally do, is try to have most of my meals as low carb as possible, because the carb foods are what causes the insulin spike, and that causes hunger, and increases insulin resistance in your cells.
However, the way that OMAD is designed, some people follow specific eating programs (keto or plant-based, etc), and other people do fine with eating whatever they choose for their one meal a day.
I think that we all just have to test things out and see what works for us personally. I can get by with a meal that has more carbs occasionally, but I have (unhappily) discovered that when I do indulge in a high carb meal, I don’t lose any weight, and sometimes even gain a pound or two.
Carbs tend to make us retain water, so probably some of the effect of my having a carb meal would be water retention ; but in any case, it stops the weight loss, and I don’t like that.

I just wanted to share my little experience to others. I am very sickly before I eat what I want, I don't eat what my body need. Later, my immune system is not helping me at all I been hospitalized often and I got low potassium which makes me unable to perform my daily activities it was hard because i felt tired everyday. I reach the point that I cannot walk anymore my hands and feet cant move. My doctor refer me to another doctor and they always examine me and the bad thing is they diagnosed me for another rare disease which makes my world down. I decided for myself I am still 27 that time I made my own journey, I stop going to hospital. I started reading and do some research about healthy foods and I do my exercise. I do not eat 3 meals a day but I make sure I eat good natural foods. After a year I gain my strength. I am heal. great healthy foods is the key to a long term health benefits. I recommend OMAD diet.

What an amazing testimony, @travelingfortwo ! Welcome to the OMAD forum !
Can you share more about your journey with OMAD, please ?
Have you been doing the one meal a day for a whole year, or were you just eating healthy foods and then started OMAD later ?

Thank you. I would love to post my experience. I am not fat or obese but I believed it is the same way we need to be careful in our diet because the food we eat are the source of many diseases we could if not soon but in the future. I chose natural foods to achieved my goal without medicine. I make foods as my daily tablets for healing.

I eat healthy foods and slowly I adopt the OMAD diet because I can fight my cravings already. Before I eat 5 times meal a day including snacks but when I started my healthy diet, I discover my way to become more discipline. If you follow this diet you wont only loose weight but the long term health benefits is for a long term benefits.

That is wonderful that you were so sick before and after learning about OMAD and starting to eat only one meal a day of healthy foods, you completely recovered !
Since I am an older woman, taking care of my health for the time of life that I have left is very important to me. Losing the extra weight that I hate carrying around is certainly an important part of my goal, but when I read about all of the health and anti-aging benefits of intermittent fasting, I know that I had to give this program my total efforts, as a lifetime eating plan.

You are such an inspiration for us. Your eating plan is the most effective way for us to follow knowing you live well unlike others. I hope people would also know this and discover this kind of program.