Hello everyone......I have diagnosed slow transit bowel/constipation so looking for a lifelong solution

Hello! Day 5 for me tomorrow - this is a long introduction and I promise not to waffle like this again . Slow transit means my food takes far too long to pass through my system so when my stomach is empty and I’m hungry, I’m always full; so this seems like a perfect solution for me to control my basketball stomach. Having been discharged from the dietician - as any food type makes no difference (unless it’s liquid only), I had pinned all of my hope into my consultant waving his magic wand on Friday - didn’t happen. I explained that I’d been fasting for 18hrs a day for 4 weeks as my latest ‘home remedy’ and it was actually the wise consultant who got me thinking, as he said he only ever ate one meal a day at lunch time. So, when he said that there isn’t anymore that he can do except continue to prescribe the medication or welcome me back if I become hospitalised again, that’s how I found you guys. I’m in the right mindset, found this website really informative and realised I could lose the extra stone I’m carrying too, if I do this properly. Only one concerted effort is no alcohol. Mmmm hadn’t planned that bit last Friday. ....Ok, I’m in.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate your interest. However, I eat leafy greens regularly and it doesn’t work unless I only eat liquid leafy greens everyday, which is the only thing that may have some physical effect in my gut. Dieticians recommended this - but no difference, fibre stuffs me up, then tried no wheat, no dairy, then recommended 2 table spoons flaxseed everyday. My bowel is ‘un-sprung’ and like a flat floppy hose pipe with little action pushing anything along so anything I eat is a struggle and takes over 10/14 days to get through my system without meds. I’ve been a healthy vegetarian pretty much all my life and tried a vegan diet for 4 months at the beginning of the year without any difference. Thanks anyway.

Thanks for your reply. Yes they fill me up too quickly so I can’t eat much and then I seem to blow up like a solid ball with gas and then can only release it with laxatives. Natural yogurt seems less harsh. ....thanks x

I think constipation will be dealt with by taking much fluid like drinking a lot of water or taking fruit juice, raw fruits and its fiber content,this will be of really good help.

Sorry for your health problems. I disagree @Enyi I don't think juicing makes indigestion better, infact I think it makes it worse. I know someone who is always constipated and always juicing. You need to be careful with it, some combinations of raw juices produce gas, that keeps you constipated. Get a receipe from a qualified dietitian if you must juice. I think OMAD is perfect for you. You can eat once a day and incorporate all the nutrients that your body needs for that day.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate your interest. However, I eat leafy greens regularly and it doesn’t work unless I only eat liquid leafy greens everyday, which is the only thing that may have some physical effect in my gut. Dieticians recommended this - but no difference, fibre stuffs me up, then tried no wheat, no dairy, then recommended 2 table spoons flaxseed everyday. My bowel is ‘un-sprung’ and like a flat floppy hose pipe with little action pushing anything along so anything I eat is a struggle and takes over 10/14 days to get through my system without meds. I’ve been a healthy vegetarian pretty much all my life and tried a vegan diet for 4 months at the beginning of the year without any difference. Thanks anyway.

I've had this problem as you for many years. I tried lots of things but after a short period of time my body got used to them and they stopped helping. One year ago I found the thing that helps me all the time. It's an Indian powder called Triphala. It is a mixture of thee Indian fruit. The Indian say that if you take Triphala for a year, you'll get rid of all problems with your health. You will nit find it in an ordinary shop. I bought it in a special shop where they sell goods from India. Or it may be bought online. I've been taking it for a year and it still helps me a lot.

Eat more fiber foods like vegetables and fruits. Fiber foods are easy to digest. It can help I think in your constipation.