Healthy Chicken Soup

Ever wonder why most parents give chicken broth or chicken soup to children when down with flu or colds? It's because chicken parts including bones and feet when boiled and made into a broth contains lots of collagen, it's what makes the soup kind of sticky. This gelatin heals the mucosal lining of the digestive tract. Eating chicken soup also heals respiratory infections dramatically reducing white blood cells that causes colds and flu. Collagen also helps in bone repair and growth, as well as healthy hair, and strong nails. Home made chicken bone broth is also cheaper to prepare and healthier than store bought products.

Chicken Soup Recipe

1 Whole Chicken cut into 20 pcs.
10 cups water.
5 Stalks Celery, chopped
1 White Onion, chopped
5 Cloves Garlic, chopped
Parsely, chopped
Ginger, about 1 inch sliced thinly
2 tsp Salt
Pepper to taste

Put everything in a pot and cook for 4-6 hours or until meat has fallen off the bone. Once boiling, reduce heat to low.
You can freeze the left over broth and thaw it when needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken soup has been called everything from soul food to comfort food to food for the soul to plain old good food! Everything people say about chicken soup is true! I watched a lady on YouTube and she recommended roasting the chicken first. I'll enjoy the soup either way. When I heat up the soup, I like to squeeze a little bit of lemon juice into the broth.