Having OMAD Diet without affecting health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone wants to have an ideal muscular body for men and a curvy body for women.As we grow older we become conscious on our health and the food we take.Some people worry a lot about their health so the ways they make to improve their condition is through having one meal a day and exercising. They think that if they eat only one meal a day they will easily achieve the body they want and lose weight faster.Although having this diet is good it also has it's bad effects.Let me give you a true example,my sister wants to loose weight in an easy way so she only take one meal a day.She continued her diet for almost a month.The result is she became skinnier and when she goes to the hospital,the doctor says she has an ulcer.Before she takes her OMAD Diet she read the benefits of it.The benefits of having an OMAD Diet are it lowers the blood sugar of a person especially those with diabetes,it positively affect the eating and sleeping cycles of obese person and the last benefit is, it helps the cardiac system and improves memory.This diet has a benefits to a person but it also has health risk such as shakiness,weakness,becoming extremely hungry.fatigue and inability to focus.So here are the best tips in having one meal a day diet without affecting our health.The first one is, first you must eat one main meal with lean protein, green vegetables, and a moderate serving of whole-grain or unprocessed carbohydrates so that it can give you fuel without unnecessary fat that can boost your energy to avoid weakness and can provide essential fiber for digestion.Secondly Eat as big a meal as you want.Third tips is, Snack on vegetables and fruit when you're first starting out and lastly avoid meal replacement shakes instead eat more nutritious food such as fruits and vegetables.Here are the tips in having OMAD Diet without affecting our health. So Dear readers what are your opinions about OMAD Diet that can't affect the health?

Last edited:
What is important now is your health, everyone of us need to maintain our health for our loveones because having sick health is so very expensive. That is why I always care my body, I always take vitamins everyday as for my maintenance.

I don´t think I would continue with OMAD if I had any neagtive effects on my health. But so far it has worked excellent for me, I have been living with OMAD more or less since january. "More or less" I write because it is not yet "perfect", there are days when I alip and snack on something evenings ... but the good thing is that I continue working with OMAD the next day, with all other diets, once I fell, I had a hard time to get backon track and in the end lost it altogether.
It is hard, I have to fight hunger and cravings especially as I keep slipping, I am sure that cravings will be a lot easier to handle once I manage to stay away for many days in a row. I went to the doctor and had surprisingly good results from blood test. My blood pressure was also great which surprised me as I had been a couch potato for a while and expected it to have gone bad. My body responds very well to OMAD, so I will go on.

I'm sorry friends you can't be on OMAD for one month and have an ulcer. An ulcer is something that develops over time. It does not develop in a month. It develops because of other conditions and stress, it does not develop because you don't eat. One of the effects of ulcers is lack of appetite. Here you are eating just, once in a day. The ancient man used to eat once a day and he had no ulcers and used to live for 100 plus years.Remember food takes 12 hours to digest so for the other 12 hours its not exactly as health risk , your body will feed on your stored fat.

I'm sorry friends you can't be on OMAD for one month and have an ulcer. An ulcer is something that develops over time. It does not develop in a month. It develops because of other conditions and stress, it does not develop because you don't eat. One of the effects of ulcers is lack of appetite. Here you are eating just, once in a day. The ancient man used to eat once a day and he had no ulcers and used to live for 100 plus years.Remember food takes 12 hours to digest so for the other 12 hours its not exactly as health risk , your body will feed on your stored fat.
Some decades ago, 2 scientists from Australia had discovered the cause of ulcer as the bacteria called Helicobacter Pylori. I know that because my husband was administered the medicine which was a combination of 2 antibiotics. It was also in our culture that you can get ulcer from skipping meals but now I guess it is just a myth. I don’t think OMAD has something to do with ulcer if the fasting is the issue.

Everything that I have been reading shows how many health benefits that there are from eating only once a day, and doing intermittent fasting. Not only the short-term benefits of weaight loss, and helping to rid our body’s of old, non-productive cells, and upping some of our most important hormone levels; there are so many long-term benefits as well, such as helping to prevent diseases like diabetes, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and even cancer.

As far as causing an ulcer, according to the Healthline website, ulcers are caused from two basic things:
“an infection with the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)
long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen”

I can see that if a person were taking a lot of the pain relief drugs (NSAIDS), and taking them on an empty stomach because they were fasting, then the fact of taking them on an empty stomach might make the effects of the drugs worse; but that would still not be the fault of the OMAD diet.

I don´t think I would continue with OMAD if I had any neagtive effects on my health. But so far it has worked excellent for me, I have been living with OMAD more or less since january. "More or less" I write because it is not yet "perfect", there are days when I alip and snack on something evenings ... but the good thing is that I continue working with OMAD the next day, with all other diets, once I fell, I had a hard time to get backon track and in the end lost it altogether.
It is hard, I have to fight hunger and cravings especially as I keep slipping, I am sure that cravings will be a lot easier to handle once I manage to stay away for many days in a row. I went to the doctor and had surprisingly good results from blood test. My blood pressure was also great which surprised me as I had been a couch potato for a while and expected it to have gone bad. My body responds very well to OMAD, so I will go on.

That's great. So far I'm having a fairly positive experience as well. At first it was really hard. I felt somewhat different and had to fight hunger spikes. Like I knew I wasn't hungry. But since I was used to binge eating, it was like an automatic response. Eventually I got better at it. Now I don't binge eat as much as I used to. Definitely have come far since then.

Well, for starters I’d like to say that while I’m sorry for your sister’s experience, I find it highly unlikely that OMAD was the cause of her stomach ulcers. Stomach ulcers are most commonly caused by a helicobacter infection or long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory medication. Fasting is actually utilized to help recover from stomach ulcers, not the other way around.

That being said, it isn’t to say that a person might not experience the other symptoms you’ve mentioned. The best way to avoid weakness and hunger while doing OMAD is to use it in tandem with a low-carb diet. A diet rich in carbohydrates is going to spike your insulin and raise blood sugar levels. After your food has been digested, your blood sugar will drop to lower than average, causing feelings of weakness/shakiness. Avoiding carb heavy foods as well as sugars (that includes fruit) can help avoid these symptoms.

Switch to natural fat sources such as olive oil, butter, coconut oil, and animal fats as your main fuel source, as opposed to carbohydrates.

Everything that I have been reading shows how many health benefits that there are from eating only once a day, and doing intermittent fasting. Not only the short-term benefits of weaight loss, and helping to rid our body’s of old, non-productive cells, and upping some of our most important hormone levels; there are so many long-term benefits as well, such as helping to prevent diseases like diabetes, Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and even cancer.

As far as causing an ulcer, according to the Healthline website, ulcers are caused from two basic things:
“an infection with the bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori)
long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as aspirin, ibuprofen, or naproxen”

I can see that if a person were taking a lot of the pain relief drugs (NSAIDS), and taking them on an empty stomach because they were fasting, then the fact of taking them on an empty stomach might make the effects of the drugs worse; but that would still not be the fault of the OMAD diet.

Due to the nature of my job and how stressful it is with wearing me down and out, I used to be in long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), mostly aspirin and ibuprofen. It wasn't long ago that I was made to understand too much of it would make me vulnerable to having ulcer. So, I have tried my possible best to cut down on how often I take those pills.

Me too. I love the versatility that my body has. Apart from the occasional hunger pangs which I do not believe have developed into serious health complications nothing else is of a chief bother. However I would also advice on caution and I adjust accordingly at the periods when I feel that there may be issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.