Have you tried water fasting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Water fasting is basically no foods eats only drinks water the entire period of fasting. This is proven safe and healthy. Water fasting is a short term fasting that benefits many things.People with risk factors for certain diseases could benefit from short-term fasting. These include: heart disease,high blood pressure,high cholesterol,diabetes and over weight. Would you like to go this fasting?

That is exactly what we are doing already with eating one meal a day, @mark86 . It is also possible to do longer fasts, and some people only eat every other day, or even fast for several days at a time. There are some great reports from people who have done the longer fasting, and have had important health benefits.
Most of the insulin reduction comes in the first 24 hours of the fast, so even fasting that long and eating one a day gives you most of the same benefits of the longer fasts, if you are just wanting to lower your insulin resistance, and increase your HGH while fasting overnight.
Some people who fast will do one meal most of the time, and then also do a 2-day fast once a week. It is just what works best for each person.
For myself, just doing the one day fasts is enough for me right now.

That is exactly what we are doing already with eating one meal a day, @mark86 . It is also possible to do longer fasts, and some people only eat every other day, or even fast for several days at a time. There are some great reports from people who have done the longer fasting, and have had important health benefits.
Most of the insulin reduction comes in the first 24 hours of the fast, so even fasting that long and eating one a day gives you most of the same benefits of the longer fasts, if you are just wanting to lower your insulin resistance, and increase your HGH while fasting overnight.
Some people who fast will do one meal most of the time, and then also do a 2-day fast once a week. It is just what works best for each person.
For myself, just doing the one day fasts is enough for me right now.

I am doing 2 day fasting once a week. I have researched also about the water fasting and I am planning to do it. I think I am not able to do it now. All I must do continuously is the one day meal so that my body become prepared for the water fasting. I cant wait to try one meal diet a day as you said it is very effective. Honestly I love sugar. I added sugar in my coffee everyday and worst sometimes I drink 4 cups of it daily. When you said this is not good during OMAD diet, I reduced adding sugar and drinking coffee a day. Your suggestion is really helpful. I hope my body fats reduce as well as my weight loss.

I have tried this once and I felt good about myself. I read it online that it can help flush out water from the system and I just wanted to try it out. Some people call it water therapy. It still a heathy way of keeping the body from taking in so many calories and looking bloated.Well,for now I'm still sticking with OMAD.

Starting OMAD diet I think I unintentionally doing water fasting which I known as water therapy. I would normally drink 2 to 3 glasses of water every time I feel hungry. I am not new to this because when I was little I suffered from UTI since that bad experience I trained myself to drink more than 8 glasses of water a day.

I have done water fasting in the past but I have not done this form of fasting lately. I can tell you that I was pleased with the results.

I have done this kind of fasting before but I only last 3 days because of hunger. I have read the benefits of water fasting before and also learned that drinking water can really help lose weight because it can help remove all the unnecessary toxins in the body. I tried to give it a try but I didn't last long because I felt some pain in my stomach. What I do right now is that I drink a cup of water before eating as some studies supports this kind of daily routine. I could say that it is really effective because I really lost some weight.

I tried water fasting a few years back and I only lasted 2 days. It's really hard for me to fast with only water to drink. I would recommend doing Fresh Coconut Juice fasting. Drinking fresh coconut juice straight out of the nut is very effective in cleansing the body it also promotes weight loss.

I tried water fasting a few years back and I only lasted 2 days. It's really hard for me to fast with only water to drink. I would recommend doing Fresh Coconut Juice fasting. Drinking fresh coconut juice straight out of the nut is very effective in cleansing the body it also promotes weight loss.
What you are taking about would be more of a detox fast, and not a regular fast like we do when we are doing intermittent fasting and OMAD. Coconut water has about 6 grams of carb per cup, so as much as a spoonful of sugar, and it is enough that it would cause insulin to be produced, which is what we are trying to avoid when we are doing OMAD and intermittent fasting.
When someone is just fasting to detox, they will often use fruits and juices, all of which would have a lot of carbs, but would be fine for helping to detox, just not fine for someone trying to lower their insulin resistance and lose weight , or reverse diabetes.

Water fasting is basically no foods eats only drinks water the entire period of fasting. This is proven safe and healthy. Water fasting is a short term fasting that benefits many things.People with risk factors for certain diseases could benefit from short-term fasting. These include: heart disease,high blood pressure,high cholesterol,diabetes and over weight. Would you like to go this fasting?

Close maybe? I have done as long as 4 days, but I had black coffee and green tea in addition to water of course.

I’ve personally done 72-hour “water” fasts as a means of getting myself into a state of ketosis, but I’ve never done any longer than that.

I put water in quotation marks because I always drink green tea during my fasts. There are purists out there who feel a water fast should stick to its name and consist of only water, but I don’t see the harm in drinking zero-calorie beverages such as green tea or black coffee (no, zero calorie soda doesn't count as it's still bad for you).

They can only help improve your metabolic rate and increase fasting benefits.

I believe that water fasting is what's OMAD is all about because throughout the course of your fasting period in OMAD, all you have to take is liquids.

Some people would prefer tea or coffee which are equally good as well. Unless you are making a specific point in drinking just water and not any other liquid which is still good as well. I have done it countless times.

Yes, I have done it once but I only lasted for 2 days also. I didn't do it on purpose. I just got so busy that I even forgot to eat my meal. I'm also broke that time and decided to just intake water as my meal since I could still feel that my stomach is full eventhough I just drank water. It is good for the body but water cannot replace the vitamins and nutrients we can get from our food.

Yes, I have done it once but I only lasted for 2 days also. I didn't do it on purpose. I just got so busy that I even forgot to eat my meal. I'm also broke that time and decided to just intake water as my meal since I could still feel that my stomach is full eventhough I just drank water. It is good for the body but water cannot replace the vitamins and nutrients we can get from our food.

There is no doubt that water can sustain someone for a whole day without even eating any meal. This can be done on purpose in the case of doing OMAD and it can still be done as a result of not having any choice with being broke and without any money to eat in a day.

An old classmate of mine found himself in such similar situations of not having any dime to eat and he had to rely on drinking just water for at least 2 days. It was a horrible experience for him since it was OMAD he was doing.

I have not heard of water fasting but I think people who seriously take their diet are doing this. As you drink a lot of water you will be fuller so you can't eat lots of food because your more into water intake and water is safe as what you have said. It doesn't have any preservatives or chemicals so its more safe than of all flavored drinks.

I heard about water fasting as their way to reduce weight , but I will never try this because I don't have a guts to do that. We can live alone with just a water in many days, if given no choice. I heard REAL LIFE stories of being trapped in the middle of the sea, he only drinks sea water for him to survived in many days. But if we will apply this as our way of losing weight it is not recommendable to all types of human especially who suffers with certain medical illness. We should consult first our physician before jumping into this process.

I drink on average maybe about 2 liters of water every day. Is that too much? I still have my regular meals, I don;t know if there is such a thing as drinking too much water. It might be bad, but I think it isn't.

I haven't tried it and thinking about it makes me sad about the foods that I can't eat. However, I drink a lot of water every day. I haven't drink any other beverages other than water because it really gives me the benefits. It has no sugar and it's good for the body so it's win-win.

i once did water fasting for only a single day when I was a bit younger where I choose a specific day of the week and dedicated it to fasting and drinking water only for several months and I must say it is no easy task. However, I think it made me more adaptive to fasting and now I can easily do OMAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.