HalfGEEK's Progress Log

I look forward to seeing halfgeek become quartergeek. :)
LOLOLOL..... thank you so much! I look forward to that as well. I agree with you that this way of life is so much about "living" and not "dieting". It is something I know I can do long term - which is so refreshing!! Good luck to you! Hope you continue to do well with OMAD!

Hi everyone.... I am SO SORRY I have not updated recently. The past few weeks have been so busy with work and family and kids. Just wanted to check in to say I am still here and I am still on plan. I weighed 252 this morning. Exactly 40 pounds down!!!! 19 of those pounds were lost since May 30th while following OMAD. I am so excited to be in the 250's - and really excited that I am so close to being out of them! I hope in a few days to never see the 250s ever again! I have really settled into the plan and it has truly become a way of life. I have celebrated at a couple of birthdays, the 4th of July, and baseball end of season parties the past couple of weeks - and I did not blow it! It really does make me happy to know that I can do this way of life even through the holidays and celebrations. My twins turned 16 and we had a couple of food celebrations. On those days, I just ate two meals and adjusted my calorie intake to account for both meals. I have been eating between 1200 - 1300 calories a day. I still mainly do OMAD. But I am definitely maintaining CICO when necessary. If I need to eat more than OMAD then I have two 600-650 calorie meals. I have not "cheated" since I returned from New York. But I have not felt deprived at all. For instance, my kids love cookie cake. So - I had cookie cake with them for their birthday. Then I figured out how many calories that was and ate the remaining calories at my dinner. I have noticed that I tend to do CICO on the weekends and then return to OMAD while at work Monday thru Friday. It is definitely easier to do OMAD while working. I am not tempted during the day. I have continued to steadily lose weight so I am VERY happy with the way things are going. People have not really noticed or said anything about me having lost weight. That is okay though. I can tell for sure in my clothes and the way I feel. My pants are starting to get too big. This weekend I tried a pair that were a size smaller and they fit perfectly! I did not buy them only because I would rather not spend the money on new clothes until I have to. But I sure did a little celebration dance in the fitting room. lolol I took my kids shopping this weekend as they return to school on August 1st. I noticed that when we were shopping, my back did not hurt at all. I tend to carry all my weight in my belly. I have a big round belly. I often get asked when my baby is due. :( So my back hurts when I walk or stand for long periods of time. I shopped for clothes for the boys for 4 hours yesterday and not once did my back hurt. It was so amazing! Those non-scale victories are the absolute best! I have my first really big test this coming weekend as I am going out of town with some of my girlfriends. We love to try out fun restaurants so lots of food is in the plan. I am going to try my hardest to stick to CICO while away and split my calories between two meals a day. I will update you all on how it goes! Hope you all have a great day OMADing!

Day 54:
HW = 292
SW = 271
CW = 252
GW = 135