Gymnastics, anyone do it?

My niece is in love with gymnastics, and she keeps telling me to try it out, and I have been thinking about trying it. Has anyone here ever done gymnastics? How do you like it?

I hear there's some classes near me that are for adults, so I may jump into that to see if I can get into it.

My sister did it in highschool but it wasn't something I ever got into. I preferred gym class or basketball. But I say give it a try. Never know, you may turn out to love it.

I tried it in highschool, but didn't last very long. Back then I gave up a lot. I may give it another shot though, as I know there are places in my city that have such options. Just not sure how well I will do lol.

Never tried it, and never will. I'm too afraid I'd break something. If it works for you, awesome, but I'll just stick to the standard workouts I currently do.

But yeah, I imagine it's a solid workout.

I was never good at gymnastics, even when I was a teenager, so it is definitely NOT something that I would be doing now , at almost 75 years old.
What I do for exercise is to swim, because I don’t have to worry about falling and breaking something in my body, and it still gives me a full workout.
I think that our weight determines what we can do for exercise, as well as our age. A person that needs to lose a lot of weight is not as apt to be agile enough to play any kind of sports or do exercises that require agility.