Gone mad for Omad

Hi Everybody,

I began OMAD by accident. For about a month I was working tirelessly and only had time for 1 meal. Then I noticed how my clothes were becoming looser and viola! OMAD convert. OMAD for almost 4 months now, and even down a size! :D

I do have my cheat days, but maintain OMAD for 5-6 days of the week using the Life app keeps me accountable. I don't exercise regularly, but tend to work outside doing yard work. I love a good sweat!

My goal is getting my A1C and cholesterol down a few points, along with losing the weight.

Wishing everybody much success!

Congrats on your weight loss! Its feels good doesn't it? I need to work on my cholesterol as well. It's been too high for too long.

Congrats on your weight loss! Its feels good doesn't it? I need to work on my cholesterol as well. It's been too high for too long.
Thanks for the kind words! I find out what my numbers are next week. I'll be sure to post the before and after.

That is really great news, @Robyn, and it sounds like you are off to a great start with OMAD !
I usually do OMAD, but some days, I have a different schedule for the day where I can’t eat around the early afternoon like I usually do; so sometimes then I have a light breakfast if I know that it will be late in the day before I have my meal, so those days would just be intermittent fasting.
Whenever possible, I like to have my meal somewhere between 11am-3pm,and that seems to make its easier for me to wait before eating, and still not have such a longtime in the afternoon and evening that I feel hungry at bedtime.
It helps when I eat low carb, too; so that is what I usually do; but as long as it is an OMAD meal, if we go out to eat, then I choose whatever I want for that meal.
I use the LIFE app for tracking my fasting and also Carbmanager for tracking food intake and carbs for the day.

That is really great news, @Robyn, and it sounds like you are off to a great start with OMAD !
I usually do OMAD, but some days, I have a different schedule for the day where I can’t eat around the early afternoon like I usually do; so sometimes then I have a light breakfast if I know that it will be late in the day before I have my meal, so those days would just be intermittent fasting.
Whenever possible, I like to have my meal somewhere between 11am-3pm,and that seems to make its easier for me to wait before eating, and still not have such a longtime in the afternoon and evening that I feel hungry at bedtime.
It helps when I eat low carb, too; so that is what I usually do; but as long as it is an OMAD meal, if we go out to eat, then I choose whatever I want for that meal.
I use the LIFE app for tracking my fasting and also Carbmanager for tracking food intake and carbs for the day.
Thank you HFL!

When you have a light breakfast, is that considered breaking the OMAD? I'm still trying to see how this all works. But I guess just do you and it will work!

When I have a light breakfast, then it totally does break OMAD , but not necessarily intermittent fasting. When I first starting this style of eating, I started with intermittent fasting, and then as the hunger and habits changed, I lengened the time in between eating, and ate smaller meals for when I did eat more than once.
I will sometimes have a bulletproof coffee with some whey protein added before we go to the fitness center.and then my OMAD meal is in the afternoon after I have finished my exercise of swimming for that day.
This definitely does stop the autophagy process, but it doesn’t necessarily stop your body from burning fat as long as you are not having anything with carbs that will spike your insulin, or eating a large amount of food.
I try to go with what my body is telling me, and if I feel like I need something, then I have the protein drink, and if not, then I just wait for my OMAD that afternoon.

When I have a light breakfast, then it totally does break OMAD , but not necessarily intermittent fasting. When I first starting this style of eating, I started with intermittent fasting, and then as the hunger and habits changed, I lengened the time in between eating, and ate smaller meals for when I did eat more than once.
I will sometimes have a bulletproof coffee with some whey protein added before we go to the fitness center.and then my OMAD meal is in the afternoon after I have finished my exercise of swimming for that day.
This definitely does stop the autophagy process, but it doesn’t necessarily stop your body from burning fat as long as you are not having anything with carbs that will spike your insulin, or eating a large amount of food.
I try to go with what my body is telling me, and if I feel like I need something, then I have the protein drink, and if not, then I just wait for my OMAD that afternoon.
Great information and thank you for sharing!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Day 3 OMAD, WHO MAD?? Share your Progress 1
Q How to NOT lose weight on OMAD General Discussion 1
L My first OMAD journey Share your Progress 2
D My OMAD weight loss (and lifestyle) journey has begun General Discussion 8
S Need Support Right Now to Get Back to OMAD General Discussion 14
M OMAD and a demanding job? General Discussion 1
J How long should you do omad? General Discussion 6
J Can you do omad without working out? Exercise & Training 1
D Starting OMAD General Discussion 1
C OMAD every third day? General Discussion 3
D Supplements for anxiety, but safe for OMAD? Supplements 4
Devin77 Would Keto increase weight loss on OMAD? General Discussion 3
Tyler182 Best foods for OMAD while having gout General Discussion 1
MegX28 Fitness apps that are good for omad and other diets Exercise & Training 3
Jenn211 OMAD Recipes for Christmas Liquids 1
S Starting OMAD tomorrow Dec.15,2019 Share your Progress 2
JeffR The most you've weighed before doing omad General Discussion 3
Kyle Doing Omad while pregnant? General Discussion 1
MegX28 If you stop omad, will you go back to it? General Discussion 2
Anna Your family and friends do OMAD? General Discussion 2
O Favorite food to eat on OMAD General Discussion 4
Kyle Should you do omad for life or do it temporarily? General Discussion 6
D Worst diet you did before starting OMAD? General Discussion 1
Anna Keeping up with omad on Thanksgiving? General Discussion 2
JeffR What other diets did you try before OMAD? General Discussion 3
O Is OMAD working for you so far? General Discussion 4
Devin77 Carnivore diet and OMAD General Discussion 4
Devin77 Different styles of omad? General Discussion 1
T Thirty-someTHIN's OMAD Diary Share your Progress 12
Devin77 How often should you workout while on omad? Exercise & Training 2
Anna Being vegan while on omad General Discussion 2
Anna Omad safe for the elderly? General Discussion 2
Devin77 Lean meats, or any meat on omad? General Discussion 1
MegX28 Anyone use Sodastream while doing Omad? Liquids 3
MegX28 Everyone is doing omad these days General Discussion 1
O OMAD vs. Intermittent Fasting General Discussion 1
Anna Crossfit while on OMAD safe? Exercise & Training 2
O Longest you've done the OMAD Diet? General Discussion 3
D Been in OMAD for 5 years? Share your Progress 0
JeffR OMAD for life? General Discussion 3
Devin77 Alcohol while on omad Liquids 6
K Experiencing Heartburn with Omad General Discussion 9
A Medicine while on omad? General Discussion 5
Happyflowerlady LIFE fasting tracker app for this OMAD group. General Discussion 2
Apadilla131 Getting ripped on OMAD Exercise & Training 2
D OMAD and snacking on low GI foods? General Discussion 2
J Do you do the Omad Diet with no restriction? General Discussion 2
L New to OMAD General Discussion 4
C How many calories should I be eating on Omad? General Discussion 10
J Carb Cycling on Omad? Does anyone do this? General Discussion 14