Fruit juice during workout

I used to ride my bike around our village and my favorite drink is fruit juice especially with ice. And even if it is not summer, I still prefer fruit juice. But with OMAD, I guess we have to be scrimping on sugared drinks to enhance the pace of weight loss. However, I get an upset stomach when I drink too much water that’s why I prefer something that is not pure water. Especially when I am very thirsty, the tendency is to drink more than a glass that will give me a slight stomach ache in drinking pure water.

I think fruit juice will still break your fasting period so it might be better to stick to just using tea or coffee instead. I don't think I've heard of pure water making the stomach upset but if that is what is happening to you and you prefer drinking flavored water then it might be better to just use green tea instead as flavor instead of fruit juice at least during fasting period. You can use fruit juices when it's time for your meal, definitely.

I agree@Naomi. Fruit juice and OMAD is a big no,no. It definitely will break your fast. On other diets I think it also not recommended.Fruit juice has a lot of sugar, whether natural or processed. I think the advise is to sip on water, you don't have to gulp 2 liters down in one go. Sip on it throughout the day, drink when you are thirsty. For energy a black coffee can do wonders. The rules in OMAD are clear if you break or bend them, you break your fast and its just no use.

If you are referring with fresh fruit juice, then that's fine. If you are referring to juice in tetra pack, it's unhealthy. And during fasting, we can only drink water, tea, and black coffee. No beverage with sugar.

I think when your working out the best drink you should use that is the healthiest and simply the most needed for every human being is water.
No sugar,no nothing.You sweat a lot when you exercise so you should drink a lot of water to regain what you are losing.

Fruit juices are not recommended in OMAD, it's indicated in the beverage list, it's because of the high fructose level found in fruit juices.

As others have already said, for OMAD fruit juices are a no - any caloric beverage will break your fast, so things like black tea, green tea or black coffee are okay. I like iced black coffee to keep me going and cool me down if I'm working out, and the caffeine boost is helpful too.

As others have already said, for OMAD fruit juices are a no - any caloric beverage will break your fast, so things like black tea, green tea or black coffee are okay. I like iced black coffee to keep me going and cool me down if I'm working out, and the caffeine boost is helpful too.

You're quite right about fruit juices. What I do is drink lemon infused water all day and night with 2 coffees at dawn and 12 noon to curb my breakfast and lunch cravings.

I do have a question, if lemon water is a recommended drink in OMAD then what about freshly squeezed lemon juice or orange juice?

I don't like other fluids during work out except water which is very filing and calories free unlike fruit juice with all the added sugar and it high calorie contents. Water works better for me because it keeps me hydrated and regulate my body's temperature. If fruit juice can be replaced with water then good so to avoid introducing much calories into our system and in the process sabotage our weight loss progress.

Fruit juice is horrible to drink during your workout. This makes your body demand more liquids and increases your thirst. The only thing you should be drinking during a workout is water. This will refresh your body and replenish your body. Some people think it is wise to drink energy drinks during a workout. This isn't a good idea either. Any doctor and health trainer will tell you the only thing you should drink is water when you are working out.

After a workout, you can go to the juice bar and order a nice mixed juice to drink. This will help you with energy after your workout is finished. However, even when I do this I find out that I crave more and more water after drinking the juice. I don't find that it helps me to regain my energy level after the workout. However, if I wait an hour or two after my workout and then drink a juice this one tastes wonderful and I can feel the difference it does make.

I don't like other fluids during work out except water which is very filing and calories free unlike fruit juice with all the added sugar and it high calorie contents. Water works better for me because it keeps me hydrated and regulate my body's temperature. If fruit juice can be replaced with water then good so to avoid introducing much calories into our system and in the process sabotage our weight loss progress.
Same here. I really can't imagine myself drinking fruit juice during a workout either as it just feels wrong even as I'm thinking about it just now. I think the closest I would be to that would be to drink an electrolyte drink but even then that is still a lot closer to water than it is to fruit juice. I think fruit juice is just way too heavy and sweet to feel right to drink during a workout and I imagine it doesn't really help all that much when compared to water either.

Is it natural fruit juice? or not? I have not tried drinking juice in work out as I think that juice has a lot of sugar in it. I prefer water or energy drink such gatorade most especially when it comes to intense work out. But I preferably suggest water since there's no calorie in water and it's safe than others. I drink small amount of water in the middle of exercise or work out when my throat is drying and drink a lot after work out. If you are in the middle of work out and you drink a lot of water, this will really upset your stomach as if you wanted to vomit. I already experience this.

That’s kind of odd that you’d get an upset stomach from drinking water. I’m wondering if it has something to do with your stomach acid levels, or perhaps the type of water that you’re drinking.

You could try a little experiment and see if it helps you in any way. Try adding a pinch of baking soda to your water in order to make it more alkaline. It might be easier on your stomach, and it’s actually beneficial to drink because our bodies generally prefer being in a more alkaline state.

Just make sure to not add too much since baking soda contains sodium, and excess amounts of it can also cause bloating and diarrhea.