Fried, Boiled, Grilled or Steamed Foods which one works best in OMAD?

Yesterday I met a friend who was on a diet and his diet is based on eating steamed food. He said that it's the most nutritious way of cooking food because it doesn't contain any fat. I on the other hand believes that grilled food is more nutritious and more tasty than steamed food. What's your take on this?

Yesterday I met a friend who was on a diet and his diet is based on eating steamed food. He said that it's the most nutritious way of cooking food because it doesn't contain any fat. I on the other hand believes that grilled food is more nutritious and more tasty than steamed food. What's your take on this?
I tend to think different types of food have different ways to Cook them. We have forgotten how our ancestors cooked and eaten. They got their food fresh and boiled or roasted them. They often never overcooked the food. Not in our time. We deep fry, microwave them and cook and recook. Often fatty foods are eaten most. Imagine how many people gulp down french fries on daily basis.

Now which method of cooking method is best? I think it is the method that our ancestors used most.

It’s all about to what degree you want limit your caloric intake, and how much you’re willing to sacrifice health for flavor.

In terms of calories, steaming and boiling is definitely the way to go since there isn’t any fat involved in the cooking process. That being said, the flavor can sometimes make you question if life is worth living anymore.

Grilling is the tastier option since you’re still taking out the fat, but it can be unhealthy depending on how it’s done. If you’re grilling over charcoal (or charring the meat itself) you’re going to be ingesting carcinogenic materials. Propane grilling is technically healthier but it lacks the flavor of a charcoal grill. While this doesn’t mean the occasional barbecue is going to give you cancer, I definitely wouldn’t recommend it on a daily basis.

Grilled food when done properly is not bad. It is recommended. You also suggest microwaving the food before grilling and this helps too. However grilling has its own problems too.

Smoke gets into the eyes of the person grilling. This may cause problems too. Grilling has smoke and grease forming on the roof and may pose some health problems.

Grilling is in itself not very bad in itself.

I think fried foods isn't good enough for those that want to lose weight so I hardly fried my food. I prefer steaming or boiling my food.Steamed food needs no oil which reduces calories in the food.Steamed food retained the minerals and vitamins in the food which makes it more nutritious. Steamed food is also very filing which keeps one full for a long time and it helps to reduce cravings to eat more food which is tantamount to introducing less calories to the system and weight loss can easily be achieved.

I think fried foods isn't good enough for those that want to lose weight so I hardly fried my food. I prefer steaming or boiling my food.Steamed food needs no oil which reduces calories in the food.Steamed food retained the minerals and vitamins in the food which makes it more nutritious. Steamed food is also very filing which keeps one full for a long time and it helps to reduce cravings to eat more food which is tantamount to introducing less calories to the system and weight loss can easily be achieved.
My mom loved steaming and boiling our food. She was old and loved cooking food traditiinally. I thought she was backwards and did not know what was best. OMAD made me learn that she was right and I was wrong.

There are no restrictions about how any food is prepared when eating one meal a day. It is up to each person to decide what they will eat, and how they want to cook it.
That being said, it IS important to be eating healthy foods and not processed or junk foods. Foods fried in hydrogenated shortening, or chemically processed vegetable oils (like canola oil) are very unhealthy and should be avoided; but we all need healthy fats in our diet.
Foods fried in healthy oils like coconut oil , or in animal fats like lard, can be fine on the OMAD diet, just like steamed or boiled foods are also fine.

My parents preferred boiling and roasting than frying. They said that it is healthier than frying them in oil because roasting directly to fire makes the oil drip down from the meat. Both of my parents were highblood so they need to control their intake of oily foods. I believe that it'll work with OMAD since it lessens the oil from the food and that's a good way of reducing the intake of unnecessary fats.

I think its more recommended to eat steamed or boiled as you don't have to put oil on the food. A lot of them says that oily food is bad in our health but I think it depends on what kind of oil you use on the food as there are oils that are healthy like olive oil. We may want to consider those healthy oils such as coconut oil , olive oil and such.

I think anything in moderation is great when doing OMAD. but, for the reason that question is what is the best among the rest, I assume boiling is the best. It is more healthy for the heart, levels of cholesterol, digestion, and calories. For taste even though, in case you're worried that boiling is a lot much less tasty, baking is quite healthful too. As long as it's no longer loads of meat fats.