First week doing Omad?

The first month is the struggle time to this specially if you are so newbie in dieting there are times that you feel dizzy and headache due of not eating if you feel that you become more weak that is part of it but dont continue If you feel that you risking your life before you start you have to know what are the Do's and Dont's of Omad you can find that here in forum. You need knowledge before doing something and plans too so everything will not mess up.

You are right with the discomfort on the first week of dieting. Although my experience with dieting is not OMAD yet, my main issue is the hunger pangs and the craving. When the hunger pang would manifest, there is always the slight dizziness that was obviously due to hunger. And then my stomach would turn acidic. In those cases, I would have to snack on something like nuts or a piece of cracker just to calm my tummy.

This is applicable to other things that has to do with the body,the body will always react to a new introduction but all we need do is to continue and allow the body accept and be familiar with it and all the negative effects will vanish with time.

For one to achieve greater success in Omad, it is necessary to take a clue from lots of advises that are scattered all over the forum. One of them is being determined not to give up at the first week of starting since that is the only way to ensure that you scale through.

You are right with the discomfort on the first week of dieting. Although my experience with dieting is not OMAD yet, my main issue is the hunger pangs and the craving. When the hunger pang would manifest, there is always the slight dizziness that was obviously due to hunger. And then my stomach would turn acidic. In those cases, I would have to snack on something like nuts or a piece of cracker just to calm my tummy.

It is not always easy when beginning Omad as there are times that you'll feel that urge to eat. Resisting the urge is definitely the best or at worse, getting a little snack will make everything look fine.

I agree with you, the first week is the hardest period, but after that, it becomes easier especially because you know the rules.

It's always hard to start but it will be easy once you got used to it. Just bear in mind that your ultimate goal is to be fit and healthy. Don't stress yourself too much if you will not lose much weight on your first week.

I think I'm almost a month right now, but not really consistent, maybe I'm just doing one meal a day for just two to three days a week, not really consistent. I really try to just drink water, but well, still not effective for me.

The first week is the hardest because it's the time your body is familiarizing itself to the new diet. It is but natural to feel dizzy and light headed sometimes as well as having a lot of food cravings during your first week.

I did find my initial days to be very difficult but honestly it doesn't feel like it has gotten much easier for me now even as I am nearing two months of doing OMAD. Mostly I just have become a bit more used to it but the challenge of getting through the morning hunger still feels as difficult as it was then and the most progress I've gained is mainly from finding some tricks in my routine to get by. It's worth the challenge and sacrifice though as I do feel better so it's why I keep moving forward and maintain discipline.

I think I'm almost a month right now, but not really consistent, maybe I'm just doing one meal a day for just two to three days a week, not really consistent. I really try to just drink water, but well, still not effective for me.

I think less is always better when it comes to dieting and doing the diet 3x a week is better than not doing at all. Even I have done 2 weeks OMAD with a 3 hour eating window where I eat 2 meals in the 3 hour time frame and I've lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks.

I did find my initial days to be very difficult but honestly it doesn't feel like it has gotten much easier for me now even as I am nearing two months of doing OMAD. Mostly I just have become a bit more used to it but the challenge of getting through the morning hunger still feels as difficult as it was then and the most progress I've gained is mainly from finding some tricks in my routine to get by. It's worth the challenge and sacrifice though as I do feel better so it's why I keep moving forward and maintain discipline.

I salute you for doing it for 2 months. Ive just finished a 2 week diet and I'm taking a rest for a week and would resume dieting after my rest. To curb my morning hunger I drink 2 cups of strong coffee with just a bit of sugar and cream. Coffee is very good in curbing appetite and hunger because it tricks your body in thinking your full.

I think less is always better when it comes to dieting and doing the diet 3x a week is better than not doing at all. Even I have done 2 weeks OMAD with a 3 hour eating window where I eat 2 meals in the 3 hour time frame and I've lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks.
Well, If I just in one meal a day, I'm sure during the next day, I will eat more than three meals a day to chase the missing food on my body. :) Actually I'm just trying if I can make this OMAD diet even I don't need it, I'm just curious how they manage to stay active for long hours with just one meal.

Well, If I just in one meal a day, I'm sure during the next day, I will eat more than three meals a day to chase the missing food on my body. :) Actually I'm just trying if I can make this OMAD diet even I don't need it, I'm just curious how they manage to stay active for long hours with just one meal.

Actually having one meal is better than having none, I've done complete fasting before, in which I survived by only drinking fresh coconut juice for several weeks. Eating one meal is so easy. All you have to do is eat healthily and fill your belly and drink coffee whenever you're hungry.

The first couple of weeks were the hardest for me without a doubt. Finding a groove took a bit of time, and like any change your body does notice it initially. I think it all settles down though so stick with it.

Actually having one meal is better than having none, I've done complete fasting before, in which I survived by only drinking fresh coconut juice for several weeks. Eating one meal is so easy. All you have to do is eat healthily and fill your belly and drink coffee whenever you're hungry.
I think coffee is not recommended if your stomach is empty. This is the doctor's advice to my grand father. This is the cause of his ulcer, because my grandfather used to skipped the meals and think that hot coffee is enough for him.

Hi,
The first time I ever tried OMAD was 4 years ago. I kept going for 7,5 months and I lost 88 pounds.
The first 30 days I ate nothing but all the fast food I usually crave for. I lost 19 pounds during that time. Surely, almost all of that was water. Than I realized that I had enough of the fast-food and I started to eat clean. Home cooked meals, walnuts, steamed vegetables, eggs etc.
The first week for me was not 'hard'. But it was strange. I started to 'listen' to my body. With all that weight, my biggest problem was insulin resistance. And from the first week onwards I started to 'hear' the changes in my body.
From the end of my first month, menstrual cycle corrected itself. My nails, my hair, my skin started to glow. My energy levels were incredible. So 'listening' the changes in my body was the magical thing that kept me going.
Unfortunately I had a major anxiety disorder at the 8 month mark. So I stopped and started on a pill. The pill helped with my anxiety and brought back the 55 pounds of the weight I lost.
Now I started again. This time, I'm older and wiser. But also my gut health is worse than the first time. So these first days are bit weirder than the first time I tried OMAD.
This time I am planning to make this a lifestyle.
I'll try and keep posting the updates.

4 years ago started at 286 lbs. Stopped at 198 lbs
This time started at 240 lbs

Hi Owl, good luck on starting again. I am doing the same thing. I lost 15 lbs. recently and then hit a plateau. I am going to start again today and get back on track. I was 240 lbs. and now I am 225 lbs. I would like to be under 200 by June. That is my goal right now. If you need a OMAD buddy feel free to keep me updated on your progress.

Tuesday 3/9/2021
Breakfast: Hot tea with lemon, bottled water with electrolytes
Lunch: More tea and water
Dinner: Beef liver and onions, brown rice and mixed vegetables

Hi,
The first time I ever tried OMAD was 4 years ago. I kept going for 7,5 months and I lost 88 pounds.
The first 30 days I ate nothing but all the fast food I usually crave for. I lost 19 pounds during that time. Surely, almost all of that was water. Than I realized that I had enough of the fast-food and I started to eat clean. Home cooked meals, walnuts, steamed vegetables, eggs etc.
The first week for me was not 'hard'. But it was strange. I started to 'listen' to my body. With all that weight, my biggest problem was insulin resistance. And from the first week onwards I started to 'hear' the changes in my body.
From the end of my first month, menstrual cycle corrected itself. My nails, my hair, my skin started to glow. My energy levels were incredible. So 'listening' the changes in my body was the magical thing that kept me going.
Unfortunately I had a major anxiety disorder at the 8 month mark. So I stopped and started on a pill. The pill helped with my anxiety and brought back the 55 pounds of the weight I lost.
Now I started again. This time, I'm older and wiser. But also my gut health is worse than the first time. So these first days are bit weirder than the first time I tried OMAD.
This time I am planning to make this a lifestyle.
I'll try and keep posting the updates.

4 years ago started at 286 lbs. Stopped at 198 lbs
This time started at 240 lbs
Hi Owl,
I read with interest you post. I am on day one of OMAD. I lost weight doing keto for 2 years 2015 to 2017, so started that on 1st March. Have only lost a few pounds and don’t seem to be shifting below 240 lbs. I guess I am 50 and and peri menopausal and should not be surprised! I am hoping that as I am already eating low carb and miss breakfast some days and don’t generally feel bad at all when miss a meal that I might not find Omad too bad. Just wondered what progress you had made from your 240 lbs a month a go? Hope it is going well. M