First Day is done...

First day is done and I actually feel good. I ate around 5pm and made sure I didn't cheat myself on my meal. I started to have a rough time with cravings in the afternoon but I made it through. I think tommorow I may try to go for a walk and occupy time in that way. Sunday I have a family gathering so Im hoping that I can resist the temptations of others with food and keep myself within my window. But so far so good!

Good job on Day 1. Let us know how your gathering goes but I wouldn’t stress about it. If you decide to eat there it can serve as your OMAD. Maybe there will be coffee or tea there. Luckily I haven’t felt the true urge to eat out of my window. I’ve had the “I don’t know what to do with my hands, so I should eat something “ moment but didn’t acquiesce.
There was one Sunday I ate during an afternoon eating window around 330. I found myself nibbling on a cheesestick that I had baked earlier. Realized I didn’t truly want it and tossed remaining in the trash. I realize eating does trigger the desire to continue eating for me which has made me afraid of a morning OMAD

Good luck

Good job on Day 1. Let us know how your gathering goes but I wouldn’t stress about it. If you decide to eat there it can serve as your OMAD. Maybe there will be coffee or tea there. Luckily I haven’t felt the true urge to eat out of my window. I’ve had the “I don’t know what to do with my hands, so I should eat something “ moment but didn’t acquiesce.
There was one Sunday I ate during an afternoon eating window around 330. I found myself nibbling on a cheesestick that I had baked earlier. Realized I didn’t truly want it and tossed remaining in the trash. I realize eating does trigger the desire to continue eating for me which has made me afraid of a morning OMAD

Good luck

Thanks. Today was much better with the hunger. I ended up meeting up with a friend and went for a walk. After having a long conversation with my friend on the walk, I had forgot I was even hungry:D. I think I may do this on a regular basis(walking). Thanks for the encouragement about Sunday. I agree about the coffee or tea. I think if I stay sipping on one of those while being social, I should be ok with any temptations. I'm still not sure what I am going to say if someone asks me why I'm not eating though:)

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks. Today was much better with the hunger. I ended up meeting up with a friend and went for a walk. After having a long conversation with my friend on the walk, I had forgot I was even hungry:D. I think I may do this on a regular basis(walking). Thanks for the encouragement about Sunday. I agree about the coffee or tea. I think if I stay sipping on one of those while being social, I should be ok with any temptations. I'm still not sure what I am going to say if someone asks me why I'm not eating though:)

Glad to hear you are off to a good start Larry! Walking is a great way to get out of the house and get your mind off of things. I'm glad you have found something that works for you! As far as other people asking about why you aren't eating....if it's family or friends you trust I think it's ok to tell them. If they truly care for you they will support you no matter what changes you making in your life.

I just wanted to check in and say I'm loving this diet! I've lost 4 pounds already! The first week was kinda rough, but now I feel like I'm really adjusting and its almost becoming second nature to me anymore. I'm noticing I don't think about food all the time anymore. My friend and I have developed an everyday walking routine now and that is something I actually look forward to everyday. A few days ago I went to my daughters social event and was worried about the food I knew was gonna be there. But I wasn't even tempted to eat and I am starting to feel so much better. Thank you to everyone for the encouraging words to help me start my journey. I will keep everyone updated.