Fasting

Just to clarify fasting. If you have a little soy in your coffee or need a cough drop or 2 during the day, does that break your fast for the day? Does the 'baby' get tossed out with the 'bathwater'? What benefits do you loose with a fast when you eat a little bit?

I think it is mainly the sugar that cause a problem. I believe you can get sugar free cough drops that should be fine. The soya sauce I am not sure of. according to my google search soy sauce has 10 calories per tbsp which is not a lot and should be fine even more so if you only use a tsp instead. it has minimal calories and sugar so it should be OK, I personally would not do it, it is like why i do not drink diet sodas during my fasting period, I find the minute I start giving myself any little extra I always take a little more and then more again and then I slide down the rabbit hole and am eating out the fridge.

The important thing to remember is that you are trying to make changes to your lifestyle that you can live with forever and if a small drop of soy and a few cough drops here and there keep you consistent and on track then I say go for it.

The important thing to remember is that you are trying to make changes to your lifestyle that you can live with forever and if a small drop of soy and a few cough drops here and there keep you consistent and on track then I say go for it.

Good advice here. Sometimes there are things that we just need to keep us on track. The most important thing is to stay the course and not fall off. Once you establish your long term routine, then you can make adjustments down the road.

I think that @Mana is talking about having a little soy MILK in her coffee, and not soy SAUCE, and my thought is that as long as you are not focused on a perfect fast, and you are still losing weight, then a little bit of some kind of milk or cream in your coffee is not a problem, unless you are drinking several cups and doing this all day long.
I don't like Black coffee either, and I usually add a little cream, but I don’t use sugar, and I only have one cup first thing in the morning. Sometimes, I even have bulletproof coffee, and that seems to help me not have hunger pangs even though I am exercising in the morning, before I come home and have my OMAD meal.

I think that @Mana is talking about having a little soy MILK in her coffee, and not soy SAUCE, and my thought is that as long as you are not focused on a perfect fast, and you are still losing weight, then a little bit of some kind of milk or cream in your coffee is not a problem, unless you are drinking several cups and doing this all day long.
I don't like Black coffee either, and I usually add a little cream, but I don’t use sugar, and I only have one cup first thing in the morning. Sometimes, I even have bulletproof coffee, and that seems to help me not have hunger pangs even though I am exercising in the morning, before I come home and have my OMAD meal.
@Happyflowerlady HAHAHA you are so right. this is what happens when you post at 4am.