Fast Food during OMAD

Is it acceptable to eat fast-food like burgers and dogs when your doing OMAD? What kind of fast-food do you eat most during your eating window?

I'm avoiding fast food like I only have it every Sunday after our church service my aunt will just treat and i can't say no to her and its free. And don't say no to free when it comes to food. Atleast I'm just doing it once a week.

If you are going to eat fast food during OMAD program, it is not acceptable. Well that was just my opinion. Just eat at least twice a day rather than eat fastfood. And don't just eat anything, eat healthy foods.

It is not acceptable if you are on any diet especially on OMAD diet. Too much oil will make the diet ruin. So taking so much burger or fast food recipe is a big No No.

I actually think that fast food is acceptable on OMAD. Remember OMAD requires you eat one meal a day it does not specify what your meal should contain. It actually says that you can eat anything you want so long as you eat only once a day. I know people who have McDonald and burger king meals as their one meal a day. So I think fast food is okay. I know for example a whopper meal from burger king is 1,400 calories. So If you have this a diet soda and fruit as dessert, I think you're okay. However if you are trying to loose weight, I suggest you have less calories.

I think it's alright, as long as it's one meal a day, but you should not always into fast food everyday, maybe much better just one fast food a week.

I don't have a scientific basis with fast foods but if I would eat hamburger and fries or maybe pizza or pasta then I would probably crave for more and my taste buds will be stirred. From my experience of dieting, it is the attack of appetite that defeats the program all the time. That's why I am trying to make a thorough research now so that my omad plan would be fool-proof against my cravings. Perhaps we can just settle for not so tasty food although not bland either.

I'm not really into fastfood even when i'm not on a diet. I love eating and preparing my own meal at home. But of course its not bad specially when you have it not so often.

I don't know that there are any strict rules or regulations on it - I suppose if you stuck to a reasonable amount of calories then it wouldn't really be too much of an issue. In saying that, for me personally I prefer to go for whole, nutritious options - salmon, grilled chicken, healthy carbs, fresh veggies - I just feel so much better when I'm fueling my body that way, both mentally and physically.

I hope eating a chicken meal at KFC with gravy and sides is acceptable or going to Jollibee or McDonald's for cheese burgers. I've been eating s lot of fast food lately during my eating window.

During my first 3 months I really avoided eating out in fast foods. It's was tough days since my condo is just in front of a mall where lots of fast food chains are. But now I'm done achieving my desire weight, I'm giving myself again a pleasure of eating out every sunday with the family.

I think it's alright, as long as it's one meal a day, but you should not always into fast food everyday, maybe much better just one fast food a week.
Better not to take on a fast food even one times a day. It will only make him crave for it. So I think complete zero of it is okay and safe.

I hope eating a chicken meal at KFC with gravy and sides is acceptable or going to Jollibee or McDonald's for cheese burgers. I've been eating s lot of fast food lately during my eating window.
Hahaha. All of that are good and delicious. But of course they are not good if you are on a diet. If you want to stay on a diet leave them. He he.

Better not to take on a fast food even one times a day. It will only make him crave for it. So I think complete zero of it is okay and safe.
Yeah, that's the only problem. He should have the strong motivation before trying the fast food, he should know how to control his self.

It's a no no for a fast food kind of food to be taken in this kind of diet as you only eat one meal a day and that meal should be a healthy and complete meal that will give you enough energy and nutrition your body needs. My suggestion is to change what you store inside your fridge if not then it's up to you what you would like to eat for this diet that will suffice for 3 meals in exchange to one meal only for a day.

If you are on any diet you should avoid junk food if you want to get some positive results or your work will be in vain, I am eating boiled meat, grilled fish and a lot of fruits.

I don't have a scientific basis with fast foods but if I would eat hamburger and fries or maybe pizza or pasta then I would probably crave for more and my taste buds will be stirred. From my experience of dieting, it is the attack of appetite that defeats the program all the time. That's why I am trying to make a thorough research now so that my omad plan would be fool-proof against my cravings. Perhaps we can just settle for not so tasty food although not bland either.
You just mirrored my thoughts,I don't think diets and fast food should be on the same line because it will be like sabotaging our efforts, I prefer taking fruits instead,fast food will stirred the taste bud whereby making room for cravings which isn't okay with OMAD while I sometimes take pancake without eggs.

I eat it but only on my designated cheat days where I would eat 3 times a day, usually ordering the breakfast meals since some fast food really have good breakfast meals.

When I was in losing mode I would eat fast food one day a week and now that I'm maintaining I eat fast food maybe twice a week, it all depends on if I'm out and about :)

Last edited:
It's really hard to resist temptations. Here in the Philippines, we are very much into eating fastfood though we are aware that it's unhealthy. I cannot say it's unacceptable. Just avoid eating fastfood as much as you can. I do eat at fastfood once in a while, with moderation, so as I won't feel deprived. Sometimes you gotta spoil yourself but make sure that it won't ruin your diet.