Experiment First or Just Randomly Choose The Time You'll Have Your Meal?

What works for one person may not work for someone else because we are all different. For some, having their meal in the morning is what works best for them though that is something I wouldn't try. Others may choose to have their meal in the afternoon while many prefer to eat their one meal at night. It all depends on one's preferences.

When you first got into OMAD, did you experiment with different meal times first or did you just choose what you thought would work best for you?

My window came about because I wanted it to concide with lunch break. In this way I have no problem both in feeling hungry and forcing people to cook. Between 1 and 2 p.m is the best time.

To be honest it actually took a little experimenting at first.

Originally, I was absolutely convinced that my meal had to be in the morning. A lot of things crossed my mind, like how am I going to have enough energy throughout the day? How can I workout in the morning if I haven’t eaten something? We have that saying hammered into our brains from a young age: “Breakfast is the most important meal of the day.”

For me, it wasn’t. Morning actually turned out to be the worst time for me to have my meal. I was getting really bad heartburn while working out and I felt super hungry and lethargic by the afternoon. Not to mention I noticed that my performance while exercising wasn’t hindered by not eating previously, but in fact was improved because I wasn’t getting heartburn.

Turned out that having a late lunch was the best time for me, because that was right at the point where I started feeling like I need something to eat, but not to the point that I was falling flat on my face. It also meant that I wouldn’t be going to bed with a stomach that’s still digesting food, which meant no heartburn in the morning.

But that’s just the way my own body works and it’s going to be different for each individual.

It also take some time for me to figure out my eating window. I tried eating in the morning only but it really didn't work for me. I feel easily exhausted and weak. Then I change again. I eat only launch, actually it is a brunch because I eat between 9-10 in the morning. It's just the same with the first one. I could'nt sleep at night. So tried eating only at dinner. Same thing and I feel uneasy every morning. I know it's hurt burn. That time I'm already frustrated. I don't know when to eat already. Then I tried eating during Liner or the tine between lucnh and dinner and it works for me. I feel my felt light and I can sleep at night too. So until now, I'm still following it. Sometimes really it is like trial and error process but when you find the right time for you. Your body can easily cope with it.

The truth is that I experimented with it. That is the reality as I can't really be in that position where I will be doing Omad and I can't really enjoy it and this is one of the reasons I tried the different times of the day to see what really works better for me. Also, the work that I do contributed to eating at different times.

I have no problem skipping breakfast and lunch. I was comfortable with this even before OMAD. It was natural for me to choose to fix my eating window at dinner. I eat between 6.30pm -8:00pm. I'm trying to move my eating window to 6.00pm, but I have a cheat day on Sundays and the earliest I can have dinner is 7:00pm. I find eating at dinner better because I can eat with everyone. Also skipping meals during the day is easier because you are busy. Skipping an evening meal is harder because everyone is eating.

This was my idea when I first started with OMAD I experimented with different eating time to ascertain which will give me the best time that I can work with for a very long time.I realize that lunch time was the best for me and I can work with it for a very long time.