Experiencing Heartburn with Omad

Can I start with the OMAD diet if I'm frequently experiencing acid reflux or heartburn?
Of course, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. If you have heartburn frequently, it may be the diet you're on currently. What is your diet like currently? I have heartburn very rarely, as I cut out a lot of the food that causes it. Greasy food was always a bit culprit for me. Food high in sugar gave me some bad heartburn as well, at least it did for me. But I cut most of that stuff out, and am currently eating a lot healthier then I used to.

The best thing you can do is check with your doctor to see if the omad diet is right for you, as well, check to see if they can help you with the acid reflux.

I love coffee and chocolate and I'm not sure how I can stop myself from liking them so much. :-(. The doctor said I should limit or stop consuming them.

I am also wondering the same thing as I experience acid reflux lately and now I'm starting to have doubts on continuing OMAD. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he said that eating meals or skipping meals is the cause for acid reflux however, I have failed to consult about it.

I am also wondering the same thing as I experience acid reflux lately and now I'm starting to have doubts on continuing OMAD. I went to the doctor a few weeks ago and he said that eating meals or skipping meals is the cause for acid reflux however, I have failed to consult about it.
Perhaps try and find out if there are certain foods triggering your heartburn? When I first started OMAD I ate whatever I wanted I thought I had free reign to eat everything under the sun ;) but I had bloating and heartburn and wasn't sure if I could carry on but I really wanted to as I was seeing results. I discovered carb heavy meals was the issue for me. Good luck

I think that OMAD should help with heartburn, especially if you are having problems at night when you go to bed. If your stomach is still digesting food when you go to bed, and you body is lying flat, then you have more chance of it burning your stomach and throat. If you. Have your meal no later than around 4 in the afternoon, most of it should be digested by the time you go to bed.
Different foods use different enzymes for digestion, so it is entirely possible that the kinds of food that you are eating could be causing the heartburn. You might want to eliminate (or at least reduce eating) the acid-forming foods like sweets and starches, and see if that helps.

I love coffee and chocolate and I'm not sure how I can stop myself from liking them so much. :-(. The doctor said I should limit or stop consuming them.
I think you should do it slowly. For example, if you eat 3 bars of chocolate, make it 2, then make it 1 for next week and so on. I know how hard it is because I personally love chocolate. Right now, I have managed to control myself because I'm saving money hhahahhah.

Last edited:
I think you should do it slowly. For example, if you eat 3 bars of chocolate, make it 2, then make it 1 for next week and so on. I know how hard it is because I personally love chocolate. Right now, I have managed to control myself because I'm saving money hhahahhah.

One other option with chocolate is try dark chocolate instead. It's a healthier alternative and from what I remember, doesn't really cause heartburn. And then follow the steps agbuyarashel suggested to slow down your chocolate intake. Gradually eat less and less of it until you think you can go on without it.

I personally like dried fruit, I'd replace it with that if possible.

One other option with chocolate is try dark chocolate instead. It's a healthier alternative and from what I remember, doesn't really cause heartburn. And then follow the steps agbuyarashel suggested to slow down your chocolate intake. Gradually eat less and less of it until you think you can go on without it.

I personally like dried fruit, I'd replace it with that if possible.
Yay! Dark chocolate is also my favorite. I like the slight bitter taste and not too sweet. I've heard it helps on weight loss.
I also like to snack with prunes and blue berries for my digestion.

I want to do OMAD, but also want to drink black coffee. I am finding that black coffee (or tea) on an empty stomach is giving me heartburn. If my one meal is in the evening, that means that my morning coffee is prohibiting me from engaging in OMAD. Any ideas on how to overcome this?