Exercising After Your Meal

I just found out today that I feel much better about exercising after my one meal a day. Before I used to just force myself to move and would often feel lazy or even weak but today for some reason I decided to exercise about an hour after I had my meal and felt much better about it as it felt a lot more natural and a little less forced.

Anyone else here who exercises after the meal instead of early in the morning? Do you find any benefits to either time if you have had experience with both? I'm thinking of moving my exercise schedule to after the meal but I also don't want to lose out on any efficiency points I might be getting by doing it early in the morning.

I am exercising in the morning, three days in a gym and two days at my home, I cannot exercise after I eat I just cannot move and I feel that all the food comes out.

I usually exercise early in the morning since it boosts my energy throughout the day. I don't usually exercise right after my meal. I guess I need to rest first my body.

My usual exercise is in the morning before taking breakfast. It perks up my blood, so to speak, that the drowsiness from the sleep vanishes. It is okay to exercise after the meal but, of course, it should be an hour after at least. People have their own efficiency time depending on the type of body that you have. In other words, the effectiveness of the exercise or the time of the exercise is on a case to case basis.

That's not a very usual practice. I haven't heard much of people exercising after meal. We'd usually feel full and sluggard and for me, it might upset my stomach. I usually do it in the morning or couple of hours after I woke up since I have night shifts.

I don't exercise after my meal, i usually exercise in the morning before i go to work. Exercising after a meal does not work for me because my window usually goes within my working hours.

I can't work out on an empty stomach, I get light-headed sometimes and run out of breath quickly, so I've always exercised around 2 hours after my meal.

In my experience exercising just after eating an OMAD meal is quite hard because after a meal I feel full and I think exercising might result to some health issues. Also in my opinion it's better to exercise just before eating a meal. Doing this would automatically replace all burnt energies.

I have experimented with the two, exercising before and after meals and I realise that exercising before my meal for the day works better for me.I left so heavy and drowsing after my meal and I couldn't exercise for long unlike when I exercise with empty belly. So I concluded I could do better exercising in the morning. So if exercising after meals work better for you,then you can still go ahead.Our body works different and react differently to routine too.

I have experimented with the two, exercising before and after meals and I realise that exercising before my meal for the day works better for me.I left so heavy and drowsing after my meal and I couldn't exercise for long unlike when I exercise with empty belly. So I concluded I could do better exercising in the morning. So if exercising after meals work better for you,then you can still go ahead.Our body works different and react differently to routine too.
You're right, everyone really is different and it just takes experimentation to find out which one works best and also what's important is to at least get some exercise in. I have been doing both also for a while now and have found out that I am okay with either but if I exercise before my meal it really has to be right when I wake up and I'm not feeling too hungry yet because when it's closer to my meal time which means I am further along in my fasting time, then I just feel way too hungry and can't really think about much anything else other than eating.

I always take my one day meal in the afternoon and this is not the period for my exercise. I do my exercising in the morning before going to work while I eat my meal at work. Since you said that exercising after taking the meal is cool, I may try it in the coming weekend and see how it is going to be.

You're right, everyone really is different and it just takes experimentation to find out which one works best and also what's important is to at least get some exercise in. I have been doing both also for a while now and have found out that I am okay with either but if I exercise before my meal it really has to be right when I wake up and I'm not feeling too hungry yet because when it's closer to my meal time which means I am further along in my fasting time, then I just feel way too hungry and can't really think about much anything else other than eating.
Oh well it works in the opposite direction for me,exercising in the morning as early as possible helps burst and boost my energy. I become very alert and strong.Maybe my mindset contributes to this, I have made up my mind to make a success of OMAD and maybe my body is cooperating too.

Working out after eating just doesn’t suit my schedule, but I also just don’t prefer it myself.

I get up very early in the morning (around 4:30 AM most days) and the first thing I like to do is meditate in order to set my mind on the right path for the day. I find that exercising right after meditating tends to improve the quality of my workout, so that is what I do directly afterwards.

Besides that, if I workout within three hours of my meal, I often get awful heartburn and feel nauseous afterwards, and having to need a large window such as that is inconvenient to my schedule.

My body doesn't react well to exercises after or immediately I have finished my meal. I think I tried it a couple of times before and I started feeling like to throw up.

Morning periods are the best time for me workout and it's definitely before taking any meal but I can drink water or juice to keep myself hydrated.

Eating makes me a little bit tired afterwards that's why I can't exercise or do anything too physical after I eat. I always find myself sitting or holding my phone even an hour after I eat so yeah, I'm a lazy one, although I exercise in the morning.

This is very good suggestion in trying out the two variables of exercising before and after eating in order to to know what works best for you.

I believe this is going to be more beneficial to those who are yet to start out exercising yet, so they can check and see which one is better for them.

As for myself, I'm already comfortable working out before my meal in the morning and not in the evening.

I usually do my exercise before taking my meal. It works the best for me than exercising after meal. It bursts up my energy and when I eat my meal after exercising, I feel energized and recharged. Of course, I will let my body rest first for atleast 30mins before eating so that it can have it's own cool down. I am more comfortable to exercise before eating my meal since I can do it early in the morning and I will have my meal at around 10am.

unfortunately, I am a person who strongly believes in the power of the morning exercise. That being said I set my intervals for engaging in exercise when I wake up but I am also an open minded person who would be open to change and looking for any positive impact. Will post when I do try out and how it will work out friends.

This is very good suggestion in trying out the two variables of exercising before and after eating in order to to know what works best for you.

I believe this is going to be more beneficial to those who are yet to start out exercising yet, so they can check and see which one is better for them.

As for myself, I'm already comfortable working out before my meal in the morning and not in the evening.
Definitely we can't measures another eating option with what would likely works for our body,so it better a person conviction through experimenting to find out than just jumping on the bandwagon. Same here I feel more comfortable working out in my fasting state than after eating. I feel more tired and drowsy after food, so without food works better for me.

On the subject of workout after eating a meal, it is all about timing. No matter what time of day you pick to workout, make sure to plan your exercise to three hours after your meal. Going overboard with an excessive amount of meals proper earlier than a exercise will go away you feeling sluggish and may result in stomach soreness.