Electrolytes - any sugar and calorie free ones?

I'm not good at taking vitamins and minerals and I am also aware that I tend to suffer with cramps, light headedness, headaches and sometimes nausea when dieting. So, does anyone know of an electrolytes drink that is able to be had on OMAD? I don't want to risk the effectiveness of the fast, but equally I want to make sure I feel OK.

I'm off to read up on this, but hoping for some ideas from the experts here :)

Im in the UK - so not sure if all brands will be available.

I have read that some of the experts recommend adding just a little bit of the pink himalayan sea salt to water and drink that for electrolytes. The pink salt is all that I ever use, so I don’t worry about adding it to my water.
I do take vitamins, plus a 500mg magnesium capsule twice a day.
As long as you took the electrolyte drink during your eating window, it should not matter if it has some calories in it, and I think that the magnesium will help with at least the cramps, and the headaches. If you do not have magnesium capsules, you can use Epsom salts as a soak, since that is made from magnesium.
Like vitamin C , magnesium will flush out if you take more than you need; so you do not have to worry about taking too much. I have a bad heart, and the magnesium pretty much stops the arrythmia and tachycardia attacks. Occasionally, I still get one, and then I just take an extra magnesium capsule, and it goes back into rhythm in 5-10 minutes.

There does seem to be some brands out there that offer this exact thing but unfortunately they all are lesser known brands that probably are hard to find. I would recommend just doing your own mix at home if you really need it as the recipe isn't all that difficult or complicated. Just put in some lemon juice and salt into water and if you really need flavoring then you could just find whatever zero calorie powdered fruit juice and put in a bit.

There does seem to be some brands out there that offer this exact thing but unfortunately they all are lesser known brands that probably are hard to find. I would recommend just doing your own mix at home if you really need it as the recipe isn't all that difficult or complicated. Just put in some lemon juice and salt into water and if you really need flavoring then you could just find whatever zero calorie powdered fruit juice and put in a bit.

Just adding salt and lemon juice does not replace all of the vitamins and minerals. Plain salt like Mortons is so chemically treated that it is not even healthy to use, and all of the trace minerals have been processed out of it, so what is left is just a chemical salt. that is why it is important to use a pure, unprocessed sea salt like the himalayan pink salt.
I take a vitamin supplement each day, plus I also have a liquid ionic magnesium and a liquid ionic trace mineral supplement that I bought on Amazon.
The brand that I use is made by Good State, but Amazon has a good selection to choose from.

Most sports drinks that are designed to replenish electrolytes are basically just salt and sugar. Take Gatorade, for example. All it is, is basically 190mg of sodium, 73mg of potassium, and over 26g of sugar! That’s a whole lot of sugar that’ll basically do nothing except raise your blood sugar and spike your insulin.

To make a sugar-free electrolyte drink, literally all it takes is 1 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt (something like 1/10th of a teaspoon). You technically could add some sort of sugar-free flavoring or sweetener, but I wouldn’t recommend it. Sugar-free drinks have been shown to increase food cravings, which is obviously not good while you’re trying to diet.

That being said, electrolytes =/= vitamins and minerals. Like Happyflowerlady said, any electrolyte drinks aren't going to replace necessary vitamins and minerals. The only way to do that is to either take the appropriate supplements, or better yet, eat a diet rich in dark leafy vegetables, grains, beans and legumes.

I agree that to replenish electrolytes all you need to do is add a pinch of Himalayan pink salt. Some experts also recommend just having bone broth. There is no need for sugar to replenish electrolytes. The sugar is added to drinks to make it sweet, as we all know sugar is addictive so it keeps you wanting more sugar and I guess buying the drink.Its a clever marketing ploy, that's why the soft drink market is huge. That's why its common to see tomatoe sauce and mayonnaise that has sugar.

I agree that to replenish electrolytes all you need to do is add a pinch of Himalayan pink salt. Some experts also recommend just having bone broth. There is no need for sugar to replenish electrolytes. The sugar is added to drinks to make it sweet, as we all know sugar is addictive so it keeps you wanting more sugar and I guess buying the drink.Its a clever marketing ploy, that's why the soft drink market is huge. That's why its common to see tomatoe sauce and mayonnaise that has sugar.
I thought sugar in the energy drinks give something for the stamina because I’ve heard of sugared water being taken by athletes in the olden days. But there is logic in what you said about the addictive property of sugar that makes it attractive to drinkers. Maybe bone broth is the best for getting more energy particularly the broth from beef bones. It has lots of protein although it also has cholesterol which you can burn when you do the workout.