Eating on a budget, any suggestions?

Hi guys, I am finally starting the omad diet, but currently am not really financially able to buy a whole lot of food. Maybe that's why I took an interest in the omad diet in the first place. haha :D

Anyway, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for good food, that's also a bit cheaper? I'm currently working with around $100 or so to use a week after factoring in bills and other expenses. It's not much, but I've survived on it before, just want to spend it right and get the most out of it.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

Buy less expensive fish and vegetable. I eat rice as well so it keeps me full with my thrice a day meal. I would like to try OMAD diet soon but I need to learn more about it and have consultation with my doctor first.

Hi guys, I am finally starting the omad diet, but currently am not really financially able to buy a whole lot of food. Maybe that's why I took an interest in the omad diet in the first place. haha :D

Anyway, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for good food, that's also a bit cheaper? I'm currently working with around $100 or so to use a week after factoring in bills and other expenses. It's not much, but I've survived on it before, just want to spend it right and get the most out of it.

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks!

I second rice as well. I also suggest oatmeal, it fills me up pretty fast. And on top of that, there's so much you can add to it to add more flavor. Buy frozen veggies/fruits as well, as they're often cheaper than fresh. I've also purchased canned veggies/fruits, and that works just as well imo. Also, stock up on eggs.

Depending on where you live, you may be able to get food assistance from your state or country. I know some places help with food. I would also recommend looking into a food pantry in your area, as they will sometimes give out free food to those in need, a lot of the time it's fairly healthy stuff as well.

The OMAD way of eating is not something that is going to cost any more than a person is already spending for their food. In actuality, you will probably spends LESS money now, because you are fasting through two meals each day and only eating one meal every day.
Even if you eat more than you would normally eat at one meal, it is still going to be a lot less than you would eat for three meals (plus snacks) each day.
There are not any specified foods that you can or can’t eat, so you don’t have to change what you eat, just how and when you eat it.

The OMAD way of eating is not something that is going to cost any more than a person is already spending for their food. In actuality, you will probably spends LESS money now, because you are fasting through two meals each day and only eating one meal every day.
Even if you eat more than you would normally eat at one meal, it is still going to be a lot less than you would eat for three meals (plus snacks) each day.
There are not any specified foods that you can or can’t eat, so you don’t have to change what you eat, just how and when you eat it.

Thanks for clearing things up a bit for me. I'm still a bit new to Omad and was under the impression that I had to eat super healthy. And yeah, I suppose it makes sense since I'm eating less, it wouldn't cost so much. I think my issue is that I'm overwhelmed with trying new diets, and have to get it understood as soon as possible, but then I over think it.

It may also be that I'm horrible when it comes to budgeting things lol.

It is always better when we eat healthy foods, and that is usually also cheaper as well. Junk foods are often expensive, even though they don’t give you any real nutrition. Fast food places are also expensive for what you actually get to eat, and not very healthy.
A simple meal made with real foods, and fresh vegetables and greens would be much healthier, and more filling, as well.
In the summer, I usually have a large salad, with lots of different veggies in it, and usually some meat or cheese, and in the winter time, I make soup.
We are low income and have to eat on a budget, so I am careful about what foods I spend money on. When I stopped buying treats and snack foods, I had more money to spend on healthy foods.

Here in my area, you are more likely to save money if you opt to be healthy because fresh vegetables are cheaper than not so healthy foods. My mother always cook healthy foods because its cheaper but she keeps on saying that its for our health lol, hits 2 birds with 1 stone. In the end, we still get off the budget because of other expenses.

Well..I raised 7 kids and was ALWAYS on a slim budget.
Rule # 1..List what is already in fridge/freezer and cupboards
#2...Make a simple menu ..work w existing foods
#3..Cook from scratch as much as you can..its cheaper
#4..Allow 4 to 8$ each week toward stocking cupboards ex: rice, potatoes, canned tomatoes, spices, canned beans or dry, broth

Well..I raised 7 kids and was ALWAYS on a slim budget.
Rule # 1..List what is already in fridge/freezer and cupboards
#2...Make a simple menu ..work w existing foods
#3..Cook from scratch as much as you can..its cheaper
#4..Allow 4 to 8$ each week toward stocking cupboards ex: rice, potatoes, canned tomatoes, spices, canned beans or dry, broth
All great suggestions. I used to have to eat what I had available to me. A while back I was out of the job, and had a very limited budget for food. It was tough, but we made do. It helped having a food card from the state for a while, but once I got a good job, it wasn't needed.

Alwa
All great suggestions. I used to have to eat what I had available to me. A while back I was out of the job, and had a very limited budget for food. It was tough, but we made do. It helped having a food card from the state for a while, but once I got a good job, it wasn't needed.
Thats great!

Eggs are inexpensive too and good for you. Omads made for a budget. You don’t spend any money the meals your eliminating.