Eating alone to lose your appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it is an effective strategy to eat alone in order to help you lose your appetite? My It was an advice from one relative but my husband had countered by saying that he has increased appetite when eating alone because he could focus on his food and he could also help his taste buds by imagining good foods. But for me, I guess eating alone will work especially when I would be playing with an app on my phone.

I actually find that I eat less when I'm surrounded by others, probably because I'm engaged in conversation! I find that when I eat alone I often tend to overdo it...maybe because there's no accountability of someone else watching. I guess everyone is different though - for some people I'm sure they do better eating alone!

I eat a lot when I eat alone. But when I eat with others I tend to eat less. Maybe because I engaged myself into talking first before eating. So now I usually eat with my Mom and older brother.

Do you think it is an effective strategy to eat alone in order to help you lose your appetite? My It was an advice from one relative but my husband had countered by saying that he has increased appetite when eating alone because he could focus on his food and he could also help his taste buds by imagining good foods. But for me, I guess eating alone will work especially when I would be playing with an app on my phone.
When you are on the one meal a day way of eating, you can eat whatever amount you are hungry for, so trying to lose your appetite is not important like it might be in a low calorie diet or other eating plan where you have to limit yourself to small amounts of foods and are hungry in between.
The whole concept of OMAD is that we can eat what ever we choose during that one meal, but then we do not eat again for 24 hours; so it really doesn’t matter whether we eat alone or with other people. We just eat until we are satisfied and no longer hungry, and then we stop eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JeffR Eating on a budget, any suggestions? General Discussion 10
C How many calories should I be eating on Omad? General Discussion 10
A Eating right after training? Liquids 1
D Feeling tired after eating omad meal? General Discussion 3
Happyflowerlady Eating Foods That Taste Good to You Might Be Better For You ! General Discussion 11
Panpiper Rectifying the OMAD eating window with keto coffee consumption. General Discussion 1
Panpiper I think this just might stick (the eating habit, not the thread) General Discussion 1
Happyflowerlady OMAD is not about what foods you eat, it is about the timing of eating. General Discussion 11
Kakashi2020 Is Eating Fatty Pork Okay? General Discussion 9
Corzhens Using the other hand in eating General Discussion 10
Kakashi2020 Are there health risks in eating a lot of meat for weeks? General Discussion 14
Kakashi2020 Is eating Rice good in OMAD? General Discussion 2
Corzhens Eating the same amount of food – once versus several times General Discussion 17
Corzhens Eating slowly General Discussion 25
C Eating enough? General Discussion 13
huggypillows How OMAD change your eating habbit? General Discussion 7
Kakashi2020 Eating Seafood in Omad General Discussion 8
Jimmy Swartz Exercise & Training While Eating One Meal A Day - Benefits & Tips Exercise & Training 18
Kakashi2020 How many hours is your eating window in OMAD? General Discussion 10
Kakashi2020 Drinking a lot of liquids while eating OMAD...is it right or wrong? General Discussion 16
bienn05 Eating twice a day General Discussion 34
Naomi What time is your eating window on omad? General Discussion 31
Jimmy Swartz Exercise & Weight Training Benefits & Tips While Eating One Meal a Day Omaddiet.com articles 6
Kakashi2020 Why is eating fruits important? General Discussion 23
Kakashi2020 Eating OMAD and Feeling Light General Discussion 5
carol0502 When is the Perfect Time or Meal eating Omad? General Discussion 18
Kat What is everyone eating today for their OMAD meal(s)? General Discussion 20
SadieNY Eating healthy with omad? General Discussion 14
Jackie Why do you burn more calories eating one meal a day? General Discussion 5
J Drinking more water with eating one meal a day Omad General Discussion 13
Kelly21 Constipation with eating one meal a day Supplements 26
Terri Best Exercise Schedule Eating One Meal a Day (Omad) Exercise & Training 12
Jimmy Swartz Do's and Dont's of Eating one Meal a Day General Discussion 84
VinceM Vegans or Vegetarians eating one meal a day? General Discussion 8
Debbie Rodgers Stomach cramps with omad - eating one meal a day General Discussion 9
TraceyH 1 hour eating window with one meal a day General Discussion 10
J Optimal eating times with omad diet General Discussion 9
JayB Questions about eating window with the omad diet General Discussion 6
Karen L Calories and eating one meal a day - intake? General Discussion 10
Whitney Rodgers First week finished eating one meal a day General Discussion 4
Jimmy Swartz History of eating one meal a day Omaddiet.com articles 4
Jimmy Swartz Benefits of Eating one Meal a day Omaddiet.com articles 22
Jenn211 Do you prefer working out alone? Exercise & Training 4
P just the book alone General Discussion 1
Q How to NOT lose weight on OMAD General Discussion 1
Jenn211 Would you ever do the biggest loser to lose weight? Exercise & Training 4
Suzanna Finally found a way to lose weight! General Discussion 14
anyone01 Have you ever tried some detox drinks to lose weight? Liquids 10
mark86 Is brown rice bad for you when trying to lose weight? General Discussion 13
anyone01 Have you ever tried some detox drinks to lose weight? General Discussion 15