Eating alone to lose your appetite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think it is an effective strategy to eat alone in order to help you lose your appetite? My It was an advice from one relative but my husband had countered by saying that he has increased appetite when eating alone because he could focus on his food and he could also help his taste buds by imagining good foods. But for me, I guess eating alone will work especially when I would be playing with an app on my phone.

I actually find that I eat less when I'm surrounded by others, probably because I'm engaged in conversation! I find that when I eat alone I often tend to overdo it...maybe because there's no accountability of someone else watching. I guess everyone is different though - for some people I'm sure they do better eating alone!

I eat a lot when I eat alone. But when I eat with others I tend to eat less. Maybe because I engaged myself into talking first before eating. So now I usually eat with my Mom and older brother.

Do you think it is an effective strategy to eat alone in order to help you lose your appetite? My It was an advice from one relative but my husband had countered by saying that he has increased appetite when eating alone because he could focus on his food and he could also help his taste buds by imagining good foods. But for me, I guess eating alone will work especially when I would be playing with an app on my phone.

When you are on the one meal a day way of eating, you can eat whatever amount you are hungry for, so trying to lose your appetite is not important like it might be in a low calorie diet or other eating plan where you have to limit yourself to small amounts of foods and are hungry in between.
The whole concept of OMAD is that we can eat what ever we choose during that one meal, but then we do not eat again for 24 hours; so it really doesn’t matter whether we eat alone or with other people. We just eat until we are satisfied and no longer hungry, and then we stop eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.