Easy Keto Microwave Bread.

Sometimes, it is just great to be able to have a sandwich, or just a piece of toast along with your bacon and eggs; but regular wheat bread is such a starchy carbohydrate that even one piece is way over the allowed carbs for the day.
There are all kinds of easy recipes for low carb bread made with things like flax seeds and almond meal, many of them only taking a minute to cook in the microwave.
You can actually make these in a coffee mug, but I found a plastic container shaped like a piece of bread (made for sandwich storage), and it perfectly makes a keto bread that looks exactly a slice of bread.
This is one recipe that I like, and it is easy to make, just mix it all up and microwave it for about 60 seconds, depending on your microwave power. You can also add flax meal instead of part of the almond meal, and this gives the bread more texture and extra fiber.

3 tbsp almond flour or 1 1/3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp oil (melted butter, melted coconut oil, avocado oil)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
tiny pinch of salt

Here is a picture of my bread after toasting, and it made a great BLT sandwich !
43CB6599-BABD-4790-979A-28C2A88E54E1.jpeg

Last edited:
Sometimes, it is just great to be able to have a sandwich, or just a piece of toast along with your bacon and eggs; but regular wheat bread is such a starchy carbohydrate that even one piece is way over the allowed carbs for the day.
There are all kinds of easy recipes for low carb bread made with things like flax seeds and almond meal, many of them only taking a minute to cook in the microwave.
You can actually make these in a coffee mug, but I found a plastic container shaped like a piece of bread (made for sandwich storage), and it perfectly makes a keto bread that looks exactly a slice of bread.
This is one recipe that I like, and it is easy to make, just mix it all up and microwave it for about 60 seconds, depending on your microwave power. You can also add flax meal instead of part of the almond meal, and this gives the bread more texture and extra fiber.

3 tbsp almond flour or 1 1/3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tbsp oil (melted butter, melted coconut oil, avocado oil)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 large egg
tiny pinch of salt

Here is a picture of my bread after toasting, and it made a great BLT sandwich !
View attachment 72
Very welcome information here. I have really wanted bread that is not over the carbs for the day. This flax and almond bread is welcome.

The diagram shows it is delicious and quite easy to make in a mictiwave. Thanks for the recipe.

I have been enjoying this easy bread, and besides making it in the microwave, you can cook it on the griddle like a flatbread. I now also add flax to the recipe, and whatever flavoring I want to put in it.
When you add some Italian seasoning, garlic, and shredded cheese, it makes a wonderful focaccia type of flatbread, and on the other hand, when it is sweetened just a little (I use Splenda) and a few raisins and some cinnamon added, then it is almost like a cinnamon roll.
It has about 10 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber, and only 2 net grams of carbs, so it is a great addition to a healthy meal, and perfect with a nice salad OMAD meal.

I found a recipe online to make a mix for this almond meal bread, and now I mix it up in a larger quantity, and just use about 1/4 cup of the dry ingredients and then add the egg and coconut oil when I am ready to make the flatbread.
Here is the youtube video that explains how much of each ingredient, and how to mix and use the recipe. Since I really like making the flatbread on the griddle better than the microwaving it, I usually do that instead.
It is actually VERY filling , due to the protein and fiber.