Drinking water to stop headaches when on OMAD

When I started OMAD, I had my challenges and one of them was constant headaches when I'm still in my fasting window but I discovered that when I take lots of water, within few minutes, the headaches stops immediately.
Do you have such experience?

Last edited by a moderator:
I also experienced the same thing. This first happened in my first days of doing OMAD. I usually have headaches and stomach aches before as my body is still adjusting to the changes I have made. At first I thought eating would be the most possible solution to remove the pain but what I did is that I drank two cups of water and suddenly my headache started to diminish. From then on, I always bring a jag of water with me so that I can drink with ease whenever I will need to.

I had the same but tea usually did the trick. A cup of steaming tea is whatvI used to take which instantly eased the pain. So water is also good? I am glad to know.

I also experienced the same thing. This first happened in my first days of doing OMAD. I usually have headaches and stomach aches before as my body is still adjusting to the changes I have made. At first I thought eating would be the most possible solution to remove the pain but what I did is that I drank two cups of water and suddenly my headache started to diminish. From then on, I always bring a jag of water with me so that I can drink with ease whenever I will need to.

I never believed that water can have such efficient effects on stopping unwarranted headaches. I used to believe in taking pills whenever something isn't right especially like having headaches. I don't miss out taking panadol extra but once I get know water does the job well, I dropped taking pills regularly.

I also experienced the same thing, headaches. I drink a lot of water before but still having headaches everytime I feel hungry. And my remedy is drinking cold green tea. I always drink that. It's so refreshing and my hunger replenish whenever I drink it.

There are some headaches which come about because of dehydration. So staying hydrated is a good way to combat or prevent dehydration related headaches. If this persists however after drinking water then you'd need to try something else because then it would be obvious that the cause of the headache is different.

By the way even lemon in hot water can help relieve such headaches.

There are some headaches which come about because of dehydration. So staying hydrated is a good way to combat or prevent dehydration related headaches. If this persists however after drinking water then you'd need to try something else because then it would be obvious that the cause of the headache is different.

By the way even lemon in hot water can help relieve such headaches.

Exactly! I'm well aware now that lemon water can help relieve such headaches now but I wasn't privy to such information at first which was why I used only water and it did an excellent job for me.

Now, lemon water is among my frequently taken drinks while in my fasting window.

Drinking water not only silences the headaches, but also "silences" the stomach from the hunger. Sadly, personally for me it's not for very long. Maybe 10 minutes or so.

I remember reading about a doctor who was in prison, many many years ago. he tried to treat other prisoners who needed help, but he didn’t have much of anything to use to help them with, so he would recommend that they drink water, sipping it slowly.
Amazingly (to him and everyone else), his patients started to recover , from things like stomach ulcers, and many other problems that they had.
I will add the link because it is truly amazing how much water helped these suffering prisoners.