Drink a lot of water or just when you are thirsty?

I have always thought this. What are your drinking methods when it comes to drinking water? I know weird question, but I'm curious. Do you drink a lot of water throughout the day? Or do you drink water when you're thirsty?

I like to drink water a lot. I wouldn't say I get the required intake, but i believe I drink enough to survive. I don't drink a certain amount or anything like that. I suppose just to quench my thirst.

I start the morning with 750ml lukewarm water. Before noon I will have dronken 720 ml green tea. Before 15:00 I have dronken another 720 ml green tea. At the gym I drink 2 cups of lukewarm water together 360 ml. so during the day I drink 2550 ml and as you can guess in the evening I don’t feel like drinken much. Just a sip to take some medicine will do.

I am thinking of changing the second 720 ml tea to broth.

In the weekends I mix things up a bit. I still start with 750 ml lukewarm water, to replenish what I have lost in the night due to sweating and visiting the toilet. For the rest of the day I do not drink much water or tea. Only just when I feel like it or get thirsty.

You could say I do not drink that much water, just a little over a liter. But I do take quite a lot of fluids.

I don't keep track of my water intake, so I would say I drink when I need to. I do drink a lot of water though, just don't keep track of it.

I drink my daily required intake of water. I workout a lot, so drinking enough water is important. I try to keep track, but these days I just drink a ton of water.

I drink all water and other coffees and tea without any restriction, I never have sugary lattes etc it’s always tea with milk, fresh coffee with milk etc, drinking lots water really helps and makes life a lot easier

Definitely keep track. in general you should probably at least drink some water every 2-3 hours during the day or of course when thirsty. it's good to drink enough water to get the toxins flowing out while you are in fasting mode to not make you feel as tired or body sick. that doesn't mean force yourself to drink loads and loads of water though. do what you are comfortable with.