Doing a week fast with just one meal

I am thinking about doing a week long fast after I eat one meal. I was wondering if I should do this or not? I have never fasted before, but hear people do weeks or more sometimes.

I want to eat just one big meal I think this Sunday, and then Mon-Sat fast. What do you think?

I've fasted like this in the past, it helps draw the weight away, but bear in mind, it's mostly water weight and when you go back to eating, you will likely gain that weight back as your body gets used to things again. I stopped doing fasting because of that, it never seemed to work for me.

I think I'm going to just focus on doing every other day instead of a week. I don't want to end up wasting my time if the weight could come back. Plus, I don't know if I can go that long without eating.

The thing about fasting for a full week is that you have to be careful how you break that fast. You don't want to go straight to a huge meal. It would be stressful on your system. Whereas fasting every 24 hours, then eating - the body can adjust better.