Does OMAD Make Food Tastier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk of the food becoming more tasty and I have experienced it in OMAD. Maybe it is staying for long without eating and the tasting glands become more active.

The tongue misses food and is glad to get it and becomes more taste sensitive. Maybe I have been overloading my digestion with frequent eating of food. Salivary glands are more active at the same time.

Does anybody feel the same?

Yes,I think it about our taste buds that has not taken food for a long time.i can totally relate with this experience.i enjoy food better when I'm on OMAD and intermittent fasting it makes food taste palatable on the tongue.

I definitely think that there is both a physical and psychological element to why OMAD can make food taste better.

Our senses are prone to numbing quite easily. For example, try lying incredibly still in bed, without moving at all for a couple of minutes. You’ll soon begin to feel numb all over your body because your nerves become accustomed to the sensation of your body on your bed. Then, once you move again, it almost feels pleasurable due to the sudden, new sensory input.

I think the same goes for food. Our taste buds might deactivate or go numb due to a lack of sensory input, and when we finally eat something sweet or savory, they reignite due to all the new flavors.

The psychological aspect is much simpler I’d say—you’ve wanted food this whole time and now you finally got it!

I totally agree with that. I felt that too every time I eat. I think it's both psychological and physical reaction we get whenever we eat food after a long hour. Though the food is not totally tasty at all it tend to taste delicious because we are hungry.

When you eat more often you get to have shorter intervals between the periods that you have to take a certain type of food. However, when the intervals are longer and less you will have a certain craving for various foods and when you have it cooked nicely then it will be even more sumptuous.

When you eat more often you get to have shorter intervals between the periods that you have to take a certain type of food. However, when the intervals are longer and less you will have a certain craving for various foods and when you have it cooked nicely then it will be even more sumptuous.
Another reason as to why we should stick to OMAD. We give the body time to enjoy food after a long time. Often eating between meals may remove flavour from meals
OMAD returns flavour to meals.,

Since it is eating meal for just once per day, I will have to say that it has really been a good period for me. I now enjoy meals that I take once as this is the way that I get to savor such meal for the rest of the day.

What I have found that really makes a difference for me, is that I am planning my meals better now. Since I know that it is going to be one meal for the day, and it needs to be enjoyable as well as healthy, I spend more time to decide what will accomplish both of those goals. Where, originally, I might just grab a quick sandwich, or something similar, and then have a meal later; now, what I do is try hard to plan for something that I am going to feel satisfied after I have my meal.
So, it is not just that my body has been hungry and is ready for food, that it tastes better; but also because I am doing a better job of meal-planning nowdays.

I totally agree with that. I felt that too every time I eat. I think it's both psychological and physical reaction we get whenever we eat food after a long hour. Though the food is not totally tasty at all it tend to taste delicious because we are hungry.
Agree! Even a broccoli is yummy now :DD But seriously now... I now eat all food because it's not so bad? OR because before OMAD I was simply not hungry so I chose not to eat food like broccoli, cauliflower, bell pepper (THIS FOOD IS LOW CARB)! So yeah OMAD definitely does make food tastier cause I now enjoy these vegetables.

Maybe. And because you mention that I got this in my mind that the food taste even better when doing OMAD because we eat not that lot. Our tounge misses the taste of the foods. Unlike with the normal eating habit you always put food into your mouth and your taste buds got used to it.

Yes definitely. After I started OMAD many things in my lifestyle drastically changed. And the one is whenever I eat a meal it tastier than before. So I guess yes, doing OMAD makes the food tastier.

It's all in the mind IMO. Depending on how the food is cooked it will either be tasty or not. However you'll notice that even tasty food fails to be that appealing if for example you've just had a meal and feel full. Fact is you may merely take a spoonful and push away the plate.

It isn't because the food doesn't taste good. It's just that your body doesn't need it that much.

However if you are hungry because you skipped a meal, anything that is well cooked will be tasty. I suppose something that isn't well-cooked will taste good too - that is until you are stuffed up and suddenly you notice, "this food doesn't taste that good!"

So if you want to enjoy your food more, skip a meal and you'll notice a huge difference.

I also feel the same. At first I thought I'm the only one who experience it but then I saw this thread. I've been with OMAD for about 2 months now and I can say food has been changing in my own perspective. It looks more delicious than before. Good thing that I can still control myself but whenever I got a chance to taste one, I almost lost my self control. It is really about self control at dedication towards our goal.

Another reason as to why we should stick to OMAD. We give the body time to enjoy food after a long time. Often eating between meals may remove flavour from meals
OMAD returns flavour to meals.,
I completely agree with you my friend. As i shared above there are even times when I decide that the best tactic to make my friends or family love a certain meal is to tempt them to try out intermittent fasting since there are those who are not fully receptive of Omad. They always appreciate the next time the rice that used to bore them is cooked.

I completely agree with you my friend. As I shared above there are even times when I decide that the best tactic to make my friends or family love a certain meal is to tempt them to try out intermittent fasting since there are those who are not fully receptive of Omad. They always appreciate the next time the rice that used to bore them is cooked.
Habit bring contempt and missing something makes us become fonder. I was dinking sugarless black coffee and I never realised it had no sugar as it just tasted very tasty.

The taste of rice had improved with fasting. I love that. It is a great idea to fast and discover the correct taste of food

I also feel the same. At first I thought I'm the only one who experience it but then I saw this thread. I've been with OMAD for about 2 months now and I can say food has been changing in my own perspective. It looks more delicious than before. Good thing that I can still control myself but whenever I got a chance to taste one, I almost lost my self control. It is really about self control at dedication towards our goal.
Let us teach others to fast so as to find the ttue taste of food. The taste glands become better with fasting.

Delicasy of food gets a new relish. It becomes not a habit of eating but an enjoyable experience.

For me the taste pretty much stayed the same and I found myself becoming a lot more observant about the amount I was taking in, especially compared to the amount I previously was eating when I was having meals three times a day. I would agree that I enjoy eating the food I like a lot more now that I only get to have it once a day since it makes me more appreciative of that one meal whereas I pretty much was taking meals for granted a bit when I ate three times a day. However, I would say that my taste buds and enjoyment of food hasn't really changed that much as I was also very keen to enjoy the taste of my food back then when I was still eating a lot more.

Habit bring contempt and missing something makes us become fonder. I was dinking sugarless black coffee and I never realised it had no sugar as it just tasted very tasty.

The taste of rice had improved with fasting. I love that. It is a great idea to fast and discover the correct taste of food
I agree there are some foods that I have also grown up eating but due to the norm it was difficult to know the specific taste or even appreciate it but having such foods on the Omad diet makes one refresh their taste buds. You also remind me of a time when I used to take sugarless tea wayy back in high school.

This is true for me when I also started doing OMAD. Almost everything started to taste different. Like for example, vegetables became tastier than how they tasted when I was still eating regular meals/three meals a day. I don't actually like toe at vegetables, but with OMAD, I liked eating vegetables more often without the feeling of being constrained just because I want to lose weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.