does anyone add electrolyte drops to your water when fasting?

hi there does anyone add electrolyte drops to your water when fasting? I've been feeling pretty sluggish and i tend to drink a fair bit of water during my fast and wonder if adding them would be beneficial ? I tried adding pink himalayan salt to my water but don't like the taste!

R

Randy ketterman

unless you are doing intense exercise or are very active you don't need electrolytes as you aren't losing them through sweat and fatigue. if you need to add some flavor to your water chop up citrus fruit and pop it into your water bottle orange and limes are especially delicious

Why not just squeeze a lemon in your water and drink it or infused lemon slices on your water. That's what I'm doing. But to tell you honestly it only has a minimal effect. Taking your Vitamin and Mineral tablets is the one that really helps you as well as eating a lot of veggies and meats.

I also prefer the natural approach, I haven't used electrolyte drops but haven't really felt the need. I still workout but just not at the intensity that I perhaps once did so I don't ever feel like I'm losing enough sweat to warrant them.

Disregard the previous answers if you fast for more than 24 hours. If it's 24 hours or less, then I wouldn't worry.
If it's 24+ hours, then electrolyte depletion becomes a consideration. Our brains need sodium, potassium, and manganese to operate. Everything we eat contains these elements so normally we needn't think about them. However; if you fast for more than a day you might want to consider them.
Table salt is everywhere. Add a little to something and you'll probably get enough. Disregard anything you've ever read about salt. If you crave it, your body is telling you that you need more.
Potassium exists in all of our foods as well, but when fasting we may not be meeting our bodies' demands. Potassium acts with sodium as it's opposite end. They react one-to-one and we need equal parts for our brain chemistry. Cream of tartar is an excellent source of potassium. It is potassium bitartrate. A quarter teaspon of this should be more than enough per day (but do your own research, don't believe what you read on a forum without cross-checking purported, 'facts')
As for your manganese, add a little apple cider vinegar to your diet. I'm not associated with the following link, but I've done a little research myself and I think this link might be helpful.

I am not really aware of electrolytes but I know that when I get too hungry and fatigued, I would feel weak that sometimes I would be on the verge of collapsing. Last week, I had slight diarrhea but I skipped meals and was doing some physical activities that may be the reason why I suddenly felt so weak. My husband gave me banana in the thought that I had a low potassium level and then he fed me crackers and cream soup. I regained my strength after an hour.

Yes I am guilty of this. I usually use the MIO electrolyte drops, or the ones that are similar. I am one of those people that cannot drink plain water all the time. I like to change things up and add some flavor, and sometimes real lemon isn't enough for me. I would like to try to use strawberries in water, and let it sit overnight as well for a more natural version. Thoughts on this? Thanks!