Doctor prescribed Medication..What should I do?

Hi everyone,

I'm having some concerns after what happened to me yesterday. I hurt my back while lifting some things in my garage and went to the doctor today. He prescribed me some pain medication. It says I need to take it with food several times a day. What should I do?

If it was me, I would follow your doctors advice even if it meant you had to take a break from omad until your better. Others may have a different opinion about this, but that is what I would do.

I agree, follow your Dr's advice. However, ask if you have to take it with food. You can ask the Dr or the pharmacist. A lot of times with pain medication they recommend taking it with food because it can upset some peoples stomachs. So if it doesn't upset yours, you may not need to have it with food. Then there is the question will the pill break your fast anyway? Even if you do end up taking it with food, it won't be forever. You can jump right back to omad once you don't need it anymore. Do what's best for your body, and pain can cause stress which is not good for the mind or body. Don't feel bad about it, you need to take care of yourself.

Hi Cody,
I hope you feel better soon. Muscle pains are no joke...whew!
Like everyone else suggested, I would definitely follow the doc's advice. And agathist had a good point, you could consult the pharmacist to determine what quantifies as a meal (would a piece of fruit work?). Again, follow medical advice from the doc and pharmacist and then decide if IF could replace omad until you've completed your round of meds

Jimmy Swartz

Administrator
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I'm having some concerns after what happened to me yesterday. I hurt my back while lifting some things in my garage and went to the doctor today. He prescribed me some pain medication. It says I need to take it with food several times a day. What should I do?

Hi Cody! Hope you are feeling better! Your health should be your #1 concern. Always follow your doctor's advice first.

I was on some medication at one time, but it said to take it with food only one time a day so I was in luck! If your medication says multiple times a day, you might wanna stop omad until your done.

I've been feeling much better lately. I took the advice and listened to the doctor and have eaten a few small meals with my meds. I should be off the medication by the end of the next week and I will be ready to startup again:)

I've been feeling much better lately. I took the advice and listened to the doctor and have eaten a few small meals with my meds. I should be off the medication by the end of the next week and I will be ready to startup again:)
It's good you followed the doctor's order. It is better that you are well first before you start OMAD so that it will not add up to your current feeling or illness. I hope you're doing fine now. Keep on updating us!

You should probably listen to your doctor and take a break of the diet if needed, sure losing height is healthy, but doesn't mean you have to endure physical pain in order to achieve it, at least not of that kind.

I think I have to agree with most of the folks here and say you should probably take a break from your diet under these circumstances. Sometimes there are things which take priority over our weight loss, and an injury such as this is one of them.

I don't think you need to eat too much though, just enough to cushion your stomach a bit. I know when I took pain medication, the difference between having stomach problems and being at ease was simply having a small snack like buttered toast or something.

I agree with the sentiments. Its advisable to always take our health seriously. Take care of yourself first. Follow what the doctor has told you to do. I've had a backache from a pulled muscle its no joke. I've had to take prescription pain blockers. Normally medicines for muscle pain are pretty strong. You definitely need to eat. Just take a break from your diet. I have done this many times before. After I finish my medication, I start my diet again. If you gain some weight, that's okay at least you're healthy.

You must follow the doctor's advice because he is knowledgeable with your situation, I agree with that most of medicine especially pain relievers are taken with full stomach.Pain relievers are not advisable to take for a long period of time because it may harm the liver and kidney.

Always follow the doctor's advice. Some drugs can cause gastric irritation or an empty stomach, while some are better absorbed when not on an empty stomach so just follow doctor's orders to aid your recovery. You can always resume the diet later.

If I were you, I'll definitely follow the doctor's advice. Taking pain medications without food is dangerous to your health. Taking a break from your diet is okay, don't worry about it you can just go back to it after the medication. I was actually doing OMAD just last year but i had to stop because I experienced having hyper-acidity a lot of times because I do have classes every day. However, I am looking forward to going back in to it during the summer break because I really miss being slim and I love the feeling of being healthy.

I think you should follow the doctor's advice, you need it. Some medicines needs to take with something inside your stomach, but I think the bread is enough for your medicines. It will gets worst if you don't follow your doctor.

Stop OMAD until your healed and have completed your medication. You can resume your dieting again after you get well and finished drinking your doctor prescribed medication.

Please listen to your doctor's advice about your health and eat and take your drugs. OMAD will be always be there for you,so you can go ahead now with the drugs and resume OMAD after that.