Do you prefer the treadmill or walking outside?

I read a very interesting article recently that discovered that the single best way to run was barefoot, outside, on natural terrain. It's how our body is designed to work. There's a crew of runners that do marathons around the perimeter of some smaller islands in Hawaii that run the whole of it barefoot through grass and sand and dirt. You might not have the most attractive feet afterward, but it's good for you!

I can honestly say that my decision entirely varies depending on my mood and the weather outside.

For example, some days the weather could be beautiful—perfect in every way—but I just don’t feel like going outside, so I’d rather hit the treadmill. Other days I want to get my dose of sunshine and nature, so I’ll go out for a nature hike instead.

Obviously during the late Autumn and Winter, it’s all treadmill, as I hate going out into the cold. That and it snows here very often so icy conditions can make for some dangerous exercising.

It is a case to case basis but I prefer to use threadmill than to jog outdoors. I have a regular day job and I live in a tropical country. It often rains here, almost half of the year. And during the day that does not rain is too hot to jog. I try to distribute my energy throughout the day and I avoid using up all my energy during jogging alone.
But whenever it is my day off, I make it a point to jog outside with my pets.

When we are talking about preference, I would have to say that working outside is going to give me the best way to work things out. However, I have noticed that I don't have the time to do so, and doing my exercise at home is the only option that I have now. This is something that is necessary in other aspects of life as well.

I have always enjoyed walking outside, and when I was younger, I walked outside in any kind of weather except heavy rain, and enjoyed the walking. I was able to walk several miles each day, and it helped to keep me in good physical condition.
Now that I am almost in my mid-70’s, I can’t walk very far, and even then only when it is not either too hot or too called outside. We do not have a treadmill at home, but if we did have one, I would use it to walk and I think that it would be a great alternative for me.
We have an exercise bike, but it is hard for me to use, so I do not get as much walking exercise as I would like to get.

Personally, I don't have any problems making use of trademill and taking a walk or run outside. I can remember when I was living in 2 room apartment, in as much as I liked using treadmill for my running exercises, there wasn't any space for me to have it kept at home.

I had to make use of the gym's trademill until I rented a flat apartment before I was able to buy my own trademill and use it whenever I feel like it.

Taking a walk or running outside come into my routine if I need the fresh air to help me clear my mind.

I prefer walking outside for a few reasons, first because I don't like the feeling of treadmills sort of giving a bit of help in moving your feet back as it rolls back the floor underneath your soles and also I just prefer walking outside for the fresh air as well and I think exercising outdoors just makes things much more appealing as you are able to breath fresh air and get some sun while you sweat. I don't know if I ever would run barefoot though but I have heard that it is true and that it corrects the way we walk when we do that because the way we've been trained to walk and run wearing sneakers is the wrong way to do so.

I prefer walking outside for a few reasons, first because I don't like the feeling of treadmills sort of giving a bit of help in moving your feet back as it rolls back the floor underneath your soles and also I just prefer walking outside for the fresh air as well and I think exercising outdoors just makes things much more appealing as you are able to breath fresh air and get some sun while you sweat. I don't know if I ever would run barefoot though but I have heard that it is true and that it corrects the way we walk when we do that because the way we've been trained to walk and run wearing sneakers is the wrong way to do so.

Seriously, I would never consider running on barefoot because considering the nature of our roads, even though it seems that running on barefoot impacts on our feet positively, the bad roads would do more damage/harm instead of offering any help whatsoever.

I just doing things the natural way,it always easier for me,since I walk daily and I'm almost used it to I like taking a long fast walk,it could be in the early morning or late evening.walking helps me build stamina,boost my energy for the day if I'm walking in the morning, build my muscles and raise my heart rate.I really enjoy walking in the morning because of my early morning breeze.

Walking or jogging outside hands down. I don't mind using a treadmill if the weather isn't conducive to a walk, but overall, I like walking outdoors where I can see different things as I walk more. It's more entertaining than running on a treadmill in the same room for 30 minutes.

Walking or jogging outside hands down. I don't mind using a treadmill if the weather isn't conducive to a walk, but overall, I like walking outdoors where I can see different things as I walk more. It's more entertaining than running on a treadmill in the same room for 30 minutes.

You are absolutely correct with that assertion on using treadmill to run being very boring. This is the only downside I can find with using treadmill instead of doing the running or waking outdoors.

Although using headphones to listen to one's favorite music playlist would go a long way in making the exercise not to be too boring.

Walking is really good if you can find a place where you can say that it is for people who do the jogging & walking only, a place where you can breath fresh air, where its away from a smoke of vehicles. If you can't find a fresh air place you better do it indoor with treadmill.

Walking is really good if you can find a place where you can say that it is for people who do the jogging & walking only, a place where you can breath fresh air, where its away from a smoke of vehicles. If you can't find a fresh air place you better do it indoor with treadmill.

There is a part resort here in my country where people normally go to engage in all sorts of exercises they feel like. One good thing this particular resort offers is good shade because lots of trees were planted there which makes it cool to workout under these trees.

I hate working out or waking under the sun. I get sun burns very easily. If I don't have the energy to get to that part to take my walk there, I would normally wait till evening period so the sun would be down.

`i walk outside two and from university and walking home as well and of course if I am in town or have to go to some meetings and if I am walking my dog around the block

I read a very interesting article recently that discovered that the single best way to run was barefoot, outside, on natural terrain. It's how our body is designed to work. There's a crew of runners that do marathons around the perimeter of some smaller islands in Hawaii that run the whole of it barefoot through grass and sand and dirt. You might not have the most attractive feet afterward, but it's good for you!
I also read something about this too, not the exact article but the same concept. I actually like the feeling of walking barefoot on the grass especially if the weather is nice. I also like it when the grass is slightly wet. I like to run outside than on treadmill because of the fresh air.

I love being inside during the day, but exercise? It MUST be outside!. The fresh air is irreplaceable! In winters I get my exercise to minimum because I can't stand to do it inside. I don't have that kind of energy that I had in summer.

Honestly I would rather walk. Walking takes the stress out as you get to interact with the beautiful environment and maybe even get syked as you see other people doing it. With a treadmill you will have to focus on one zone for a prolonged period which is sometimes exhausting.

I like walking outside though I have a threadmill at home. Walking outside lets me breath fresh air and chance to look around the view. So aside from exercising I can also enjoy being outside in the morning with sun kises my skin. It's too precious not to experience that.

Treadmills could be beneficial as you go on increasing the speed but there's really a big difference with running or walking on an inclined road with speed variations. I believe that walking on treadmills with no incline can burn fewer calories as compared to walking outside because this type of machine really does some of the work for you. I personally prefer walking outside than on a treadmill but some people have no time to go out that's why they opt for using treadmill right inside their home.

I would prefer walking outside. Not everyone are in capable of buying a treadmill, and I can't afford one. Also, walking outside is fun since you can go and walk with you friends. It is also good to breath some fresh air from the outside world. It is cheaper and way more conventional that using a treadmill.