Do you have cheat days on the omad diet?

I've been thinking if there are some who have cheat day/s? Or do you have other means to satisfy your cravings once in a while?

I know that a lot of people are fine with cheat days, and feel that they're a necessary part of their diet, but I personally try to avoid them. Ultimately it comes down to your personality. I have a very addictive personality and it's easy for me to get off track if I'm not strict with myself. I've tried having cheat days, but they make it hard for me to get back to my diet the next day.

Some people give themselves a day to binge, and are fine the next day. It all comes down to whether or not it's going to make your diet harder for you.

I stick to OMAD Monday to Friday but eat normally (and sensibly) with my family at weekends. So far I've had good results.

I try to schedule my cheat days and have slipped a very few unscheduled ones on some days that I felt I was too weak to deal with the hunger like when I had an extreme headache a few days ago. However, I try to stick to the schedule as much as I can and only break it when I have some occasions to attend, but I make up for it by skipping on some cheat days either before or afterwards. For example, I have a family vacation coming up soon and will probably eat normally for 2 days, so I am preparing for it by going over ten days without a cheat day.

Yes I do have cheat day. Well sometimes I'm doing it everyday with just one chips. Or sometimes when there is event that I need to eat , since the yummy food are so tempting but after that I'll just go back to my daily healthy routine. Its not bad to have cheat days. As long that we still balancing it. And so much is bad.

Yes. It depends on the person. If a person see it as a reward after six days of having one meal everyday, yes. And I am one of them. I used it as my reward, I am the type of person who are motivated because I know I am waiting for something good in the end ☺️
But there are people like the ones commented above, who really tries to avoid cheatdays. They have good reasons for not having a cheatday anyway. It just depends on the person.

I've been doing OMAD for quite a while now. Generally I stick to the rules. However I have the weekend as cheat days because I feel I'm quite strict during the week. When I have my meal I have low carb, and can't eat that much. I'm sure I get half the daily requirement for food so I think that's a really strict. I give my body a break at the weekend. I also sometimes take upto two weeks off from this way of eating, and try and fast for 16-18 hours and eat carbs. So I think I'm the queen of cheat days. What I love about OMAD is you can get right back to the way your used to eating without a big problem.

For me, missing Omad during Sundays and Mondays are the best way that I keep my body in line. I don't think you can get to fully appreciate the work of Omad when you don't have cheat days.

I was thinking a few days back about having cheat days and if it could benefit me or its just to satisfy my cravings so I didn't give in to it.

I have come across discussions with cheat days as the topic, not only in this forum but in other forums as well. Maybe cheat days can help me with my dieting because I usually fail when I couldn’t follow the regimen anymore. But maybe if I will have a cheat day of once or twice a week then that will be a big help to my confidence in continuing the diet.

I try to eat pretty balanced all the time. I think if I had cheat days I'd end up craving those foods more. The cleaner I eat, the less I crave junk foods, and so I think it's easier to just stay as clean and simple as possible when it comes to what I eat. Of course I'm human and sometimes I do crave a piece of chocolate or a delicious slice of pizza, but I try not to overdo it.

At first, I really don't have cheat days until I don't know maybe I get bored to the food I eat almost every day. I don't cook usually. So I just ordered regularly. I feel like living a very blunt life. So I decided to make some days a cheat day where I can eat normally. Anyways, I do eat just vegies and chicken during my diet. So I eat normally like that every day.

I do have cheat days too. As much as possible, I ensure that I eat sinful foods on special occasions only so that it would be worth it. However, there were also times that I couldn't help myself not to be tempted to eat unhealthy foods and just give in to my cravings. In this case, I will be more mindful of the food I eat for the next days.

I do have cheat days too. As much as possible, I ensure that I eat sinful foods on special occasions only so that it would be worth it. However, there were also times that I couldn't help myself not to be tempted to eat unhealthy foods and just give in to my cravings. In this case, I will be more mindful of the food I eat for the next days.

There is really no reason for cheat days with the OMAD diet, because no foods are forbidden on this diet, unlike most other diets. As long as it is eaten during the one meal, then you can feast on any foods, and should never feel denied.
You actually get a reward each day because you can eat whatever you want to for your one meal. Since it is only one meal, and not gorging yourself all day, you are only eating a smaller amount of the foods that you do consume.

Of course, when you are wanting to lose weight, it just makes a lot more sense to eat healthy foods as often as possible, and not gorge on sweets and rich desserts which will spike insulin.
Doing that occasionally is much different than eating that way every day , so if you make a habit of having a healthy meal during your food window, then it is perfectly fine to enjoy foods that you have a craving for occasionally. This is totally different then deciding that you are going to just binge-eat all day long, which can completely throw you off-track.

If you look at this informative article which Jimmy posted on his blog, it will explain everything we all need to know about what a cheat day is, and how to avoid having them.

https://omaddiet.com/omad-cheat-days/

There is really no reason for cheat days with the OMAD diet, because no foods are forbidden on this diet, unlike most other diets. As long as it is eaten during the one meal, then you can feast on any foods, and should never feel denied.
You actually get a reward each day because you can eat whatever you want to for your one meal. Since it is only one meal, and not gorging yourself all day, you are only eating a smaller amount of the foods that you do consume.

Of course, when you are wanting to lose weight, it just makes a lot more sense to eat healthy foods as often as possible, and not gorge on sweets and rich desserts which will spike insulin.
Doing that occasionally is much different than eating that way every day , so if you make a habit of having a healthy meal during your food window, then it is perfectly fine to enjoy foods that you have a craving for occasionally. This is totally different then deciding that you are going to just binge-eat all day long, which can completely throw you off-track.

If you look at this informative article which Jimmy posted on his blog, it will explain everything we all need to know about what a cheat day is, and how to avoid having them.

https://omaddiet.com/omad-cheat-days/
As much as possible, I prefer eating healthy foods during my food window. However, if there's special occasion like birthday, I will include not so healthy foods such as cake, a big slice of decadent cake :). Anyway, thank you so much for attaching Jimmy's article about cheat day :) I will definitely check it out.

I have come across discussions with cheat days as the topic, not only in this forum but in other forums as well. Maybe cheat days can help me with my dieting because I usually fail when I couldn’t follow the regimen anymore. But maybe if I will have a cheat day of once or twice a week then that will be a big help to my confidence in continuing the diet.
It might be different for you but for me cheat days have been a bit of a hindrance, because it just removes me from the routine that I've worked hard to get used to. However, I do think it is helpful once in a while just for the psychological break because it is pretty challenging to deal with extreme hunger daily while waiting for your mealtime, but knowing what I know now with more experience with this diet I'd say it might be better to limit the cheat days as much as possible.

I don't do cheat days because I believe I don't really need it as I'm on OMAD diet and it gives me the opportunity for eating what I want to in moderation and within my eating window so I don't have much of a problem with cravings, you can indulge it within your eating window but in moderation.