Dieting on fish only

This kind of diet may have been invented by the people living in the coastline but some say that this fish only diet is popular in the northern part of the Philippines particularly in the island provinces. We have to agree that eating fish is healthy but I wonder what our body will feel when we eat only fish every day. I admit that I am salivating in thinking of the big fresh tuna for grilling and sashimi. We also have some other kinds of cooking for fish here particularly the broiling with special dip. Again this question – wouldn’t we feel weaker without meat?

No I don't feel weakbat all. I feel the same. I don't eat meat too, pork and beef. But I eat chicken meat and fish. It's not I'm doing it for diet purposes but I really can't eat meat. It started when I was young. I can't remember why. Whenever I smell and see raw meat or meat dishes I feel nauseous. I also don't know why.

Coincidentally, I’ve actually been eating nothing but fish for the past week. It honestly might just be a placebo, but I’ve actually been feeling fantastic. It could be because I’ve started a keto diet or all the healthy fatty acids in the fish—or it could be a combination of the two—but I honestly haven’t felt this energized and clear-headed in quite a while.

Fish is famous for being an extremely healthy food, since many fish are low-fat and high protein, and even the fattier fish are healthy for you thanks to the omega-3 fatty acids.

I think it’s just important to watch out for which fish we eat, as many of the larger varieties such as tuna contain high levels of mercury. I eat mostly smaller fish such as hake, salmon, sprat, sardines, and mackerel, so mercury isn’t really a concern for me. Things like filleted tuna and tuna sashimi aren't really a thing here, but I limit my tuna intake to about one can a week.

Not really, vegetarians survive even without any form of meat, and eating fish as the only meat source has been adopted by a lot of people already and it's called pescatarian diet (although not strictly fish only). Still, it's better to have something other than fish like vegetables to complete the nutrients that you need daily.

I've read about pescatarian diet. People on pescatarian diet doesn't eat meat, but does eat fish. They add the fish to their vegetarian diet. They do this as part of their lifestyle and some because of environmental concerns. I know people who commit to this diet because of ethical reasons too. I don't see anything bad by just eating fish. Fishes has lots of benefits specially the fatty fishes who are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. If you don't eat meat but fish alone it is best to partner it with vegetables to be able to have the vitamins and minerals you need everyday.

To answer you is that I don't know, I don't think I would be able to eat only fish and not have at least a small variety in meals, I guess I would be probably always hungry.

I think it's one of the healthiest options when it comes to eating. It's much better than Keto diet which was originally meant for people with epilepsy. Fish not only tastes great, it also contains more essential nutrients without the added risk of excess cholesterol. :D

No I don't feel weakbat all. I feel the same. I don't eat meat too, pork and beef. But I eat chicken meat and fish. It's not I'm doing it for diet purposes but I really can't eat meat. It started when I was young. I can't remember why. Whenever I smell and see raw meat or meat dishes I feel nauseous. I also don't know why.

We're actually the same. I'm usually nauseated by meat. I think the only exception is when it's well done and looks appetizing. But there are times when I just can't stand most meat. So I instead opt for tuna.

I don't think meat is all that necessary for the human diet. I think fish would be a sufficient substitute and even without it I think we could live a healthy life and maybe it will even turn out to be better for us if we only ate vegetables. I am not even that much of a fan of seafood but I do think eating fish would be healthier although I think it's more likely that the sugars and carbohydrates are the ones that are making us unhealthy rather than our choice of meat or protein.

Getting weak without meat, i think not. But craving for it i guess yes. Fish is a good alternative but you have to be versatile in preparing and cooking. There's a lot of fish in the market that really differs in taste, i think its good to consider eating fish in different types of dishes so that you will not go tired with it.

Everyone is different but I don’t think I could survive on only fish. I like a lot of fish varieties but for me, versatility is key. I think when I feel bored with meals is when I can end up feeling deprived and then it’s hard to avoid that feeling of wanting to binge.

I think we can survive on fish since it protein and protein is quite filling and keep us full for a long time, so I would be filled and not be week with fish but you know the problem with humans we feel bored easily.so I think it will be more of boredom and dumping it than feeling hungry.

Fish diet is probably a good one and it just depends on how we cook our fish. If we boil it then it would be much healtheir rather than having it fried. Vegetables and fruits are good alternatives too although may be quite expensive. In Japan people who are on a fish diet and eats them raw reach more than a hundred years old. Of course, the stress-free environment can add to their longevity. Good living is eclectic actually.

I think we can survive without eating meat,I think fish is enough. Vegetarians survive with veggies, so I guess with eating fish only on your diet is nice too. We won't get weak as long as we eat enough.

I never had a problem with the fish, its one of the most source of protein. so Its one of my favorite dish, and I much like than meats.

Eating fish regularly is good for your diet. But this is my opinion whether it is fish, chicken or any other meat. If you only eat fruits and veggies daily, and no fish (or any other type of meat) you would survive. But it's good to have fish too. Some people say “Oh! I can't cut meat out of my diet.” I used to say that. Before my husband had a heart attack, we ate meat with almost every meal, and that included pork. When I realized it was a matter of life and death, I stopped buying beef and pork at the grocery store. Did I miss it? No. Strangely enough, I didn't miss it. Fish is good. But where I live, fish is also expensive. We buy a bag of frozen tilapia fillets which is a little less than $10. On a rare occasion, we may buy a piece of salmon. Other than that, we have canned tuna or salmon or mackerel in the can. Fish is a part of our diet. But dieting on fish only and every day? Not practical for us.

Eating fish regularly is good for your diet. But this is my opinion whether it is fish, chicken or any other meat. If you only eat fruits and veggies daily, and no fish (or any other type of meat) you would survive. But it's good to have fish too. Some people say “Oh! I can't cut meat out of my diet.” I used to say that. Before my husband had a heart attack, we ate meat with almost every meal, and that included pork. When I realized it was a matter of life and death, I stopped buying beef and pork at the grocery store. Did I miss it? No. Strangely enough, I didn't miss it. Fish is good. But where I live, fish is also expensive. We buy a bag of frozen tilapia fillets which is a little less than $10. On a rare occasion, we may buy a piece of salmon. Other than that, we have canned tuna or salmon or mackerel in the can. Fish is a part of our diet. But dieting on fish only and every day? Not practical for us.
We are meat eaters at home and that’s why I am advocating fish for an alternative. Tilapia is the cheapest fish here although our cooking of tilapia is either fried or broiled. When we fry our tilapia, it is always the fillet because it is more pleasurable to eat. Maybe I should try cooking tilapia fritters which I saw in one video. But with salmon and tuna, they are very expensive type of fish and we seldom buy that.

We are meat eaters at home and that’s why I am advocating fish for an alternative. Tilapia is the cheapest fish here although our cooking of tilapia is either fried or broiled. When we fry our tilapia, it is always the fillet because it is more pleasurable to eat. Maybe I should try cooking tilapia fritters which I saw in one video. But with salmon and tuna, they are very expensive type of fish and we seldom buy that.

I put together an interesting combination when my husband got sick recently. He had lost his appetite and was finally getting it back. He wanted something warm and comforting. I wanted something quick to fix. I sauteed some onions and then added a couple of pieces of tilapia to the pan. When the fish was almost done I squeezed half a lime over the fish. Meanwhile, in another pot, I had heated up a can of low sodium chicken broth and a can of light chicken vegetable soup. When the fish was done I added it to the soup. My husband loved it! I don't know if it's because he was hungry or because it tasted really good! People always talk a lot about chicken soup but fish soup or fish stew can be very satisfying. :)

I put together an interesting combination when my husband got sick recently. He had lost his appetite and was finally getting it back. He wanted something warm and comforting. I wanted something quick to fix. I sauteed some onions and then added a couple of pieces of tilapia to the pan. When the fish was almost done I squeezed half a lime over the fish. Meanwhile, in another pot, I had heated up a can of low sodium chicken broth and a can of light chicken vegetable soup. When the fish was done I added it to the soup. My husband loved it! I don't know if it's because he was hungry or because it tasted really good! People always talk a lot about chicken soup but fish soup or fish stew can be very satisfying. :)
The chicken broth that you served will be appreciated here but I don’t think my husband will relish the fish soup. One issue against fish is the fishy taste that we call “malansa” which is disliked. Especially tilapia, it has the fishy taste that the best cooking to avoid that fishy taste is by broiling or frying. With stew, even if sauteed in garlic and onions will still retain that fishy taste. But anyway, thanks for the idea of cooking tilapia. By the way, tilapia is best eaten when cut in fillet.

I believed that meat fish is much healthier compare to other meat like chicken, pork and beef. Fish meats are less fatty but I think I can't start a diet that only eats fish meat. I only know a few recipes of a fish dish that suits my taste. I also find eating fish hard because of the many bones of the fish. Dieting on fish only is not my own cup of tea but I believed it is a very effective diet.