Diet Monitoring Apps

Have anyone of you tried any diet monitoring or health apps? Do you think that this apps help? I have once tried a diet application on my phone but unfortunately my phone got busted. Now i have a Fitbit charge which is synchronized to my laptop. Even with this app i tend to forget about my diet and i'm still finding ways of alternative means. Do you have any suggestions? Any comments is greatly appreciated.

Personally, I haven't tried any diet monitoring apps. Almost all of them I guess requires you to pay. You better check YouTube or search on the Internet. For sure there are people who have experienced using those and will tell you their pros and cons. Good luck!

I haven't tried any dieting app, I trust myself and I know how to keep a diet and follow the rules. It is a bit harder after a while but with determination and setting a goal anything can be achieved.

I haven't tried any dieting app, I trust myself and I know how to keep a diet and follow the rules. It is a bit harder after a while but with determination and setting a goal anything can be achieved.
I agree, scheduling and reminding oneself can be done by determination and discipline. One thing though, i find it hard to monitor my food calories and other nutrients without an app. May i ask, how you manage it?

I do think any type of monitoring helps and if your phone is broken then you could just keep a journal in the meantime. Personally, I found that even just listing down the days I do OMAD and listing the ones when I cheat is helpful enough to remind and motivate me to keep going the next day. Sometimes I will feel tempted to cheat but I'll look at my calendar and realize how much work I have put in and will feel the much needed small push to just wait a few more hours to eat at my proper meal time because the visual helps me think about what I will be ruining for just a few more hours of waiting.

I had once that application that says everything about what I eat and help me to remind that I am on a diet. But they become not accurate as you use the applications. They got more flaws and seems not very helpful at all. I want to recommend what I do in a daily basis. A simple phone reminder can help you remind on the diet you are doing. Manually list down all your diet rules and make it a habit to read it everyday.

When it comes to tracking my diet I absolutely like the app Lose it!. I like the calorie counter available via Loose It whilst I use Lose it! to remind me approximately such things as drinking water and medicinal drug. There are other notifications that you may set up through Lose it!. I could placed hyperlinks however its simply smooth to go looking via Google app store. I am not certain Lose it! is to be had on a few operating structures but I recognize you could get it at the Apple App Store.

I used to use diet monitoring apps when I still believed in the whole concept of weight loss depending on calories alone. I’d use apps that would count your calories for each meal and keep you below a certain limit. Then I learned that counting calories only works for a while, and that your body eventually will adapt to your new caloric intake and you’ll stop losing weight.

Afterwards, I stopped counting calories and simply kept track of macronutrients like fat, carbohydrates, and protein, and picked up different intermittent fasting regiments. My weight management has been going much better since then.

I used to have an app that monitors water intake. However, I haven't tried apps that are intended for food consumption or meal management. Anyways, my experience in water intake was not good and not even effective. I would rather rely on my own discipline than to depend my meal management to an app.
I do not see anything wrong with using apps. My problem is that I tend to depend on apps so much, when I am not "with" it I lose track. The problem is me not the apps. Also I hate it when my life is "tied up" to my phone. I like doing things by myself.

I have heard and seen dieting applications but the first question I asked myself which made me to rule out using it was why put myself in added pressure of continuously checking calories on daily basis?

Personally, I don't see it as being healthy although I'm sure that there are some people who can't do without it on daily basis. So, it's a matter of what's comfortable for the individual in question.

I don't have an app on my phone but I have a journal that I keep track of my food intake and daily activities. My instructor let us have one to keep track of our progress daily and it has been helpful to put one in check, not to deviate from the journey, because seeing the effort one has put in place through the report,one wouldn't be tempted to sabotage the journey. Keeping track of ones record is very important it like a motivation, it will help keep one from thwarting one earlier efforts,since one will be seeing the efforts put in so far and will wish to continue that way.